Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 7:30am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 180mph Cosworth ???? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   180mph Cosworth ????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 180mph Cosworth ????  (Read 6827 times)
mickf

Ultima 24V

View Profile WWW Email

180mph Cosworth ????
« on: Sep 30th, 2004, 9:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Laugh - I nearly fell off my chair : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9844&it em=2491079923&rd=1

Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Somewhere near the bar or looking for it.
Dave Boulton

Email

Re: 180mph Cosworth ????
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 10:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Don't laugh Mick. It can do 35mpg too if "driven sensibly"   Shocked  Roll Eyes  Undecided  Grin Grin Grin

It would obviously need to be very fast to escape the French Foreign Legion.  I do like  "doesnt even sound like an internal combustion engine" - jet turbine maybe? Impulse engine? Warp drive?  

Still, there's always the customer service aspect "buy it and shut up, or get a life."

Might have to print this one out and keep it - it's just too good  Grin

Dave

IP Logged
phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 11:25pm »

Well I'm just waiting for baz to jump in and buy before the end of auction (is Baz short for something else - titter titter !)

I also noticed that the CD/FM stereo increases in volume with speed - can you imagine how loud it must be at 180mph - Vulcan Bomber taking off inside your cosy cabin type effect - Wow !
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 11:49pm »

I just mailed him. I just  had to know what  makes it so fast...... i also asked what gearing is in the diff/box to make it capable of such a truely high speed!

I'll keep ya all posted

Cheers Nick
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 12:01am »

Thank you Phuture and it is Mr Baztard to you my boy!!

I don't think I will bid on this one because I like the obviously inferior and sedate pace of my S reg Cosworth which obviously isn't capable of such speeds.

As for the guy selling this one, he is in dreamland and will wake up soon methinks

Baz
IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 7:12am »

180 mph, Cheesy, It must be true because it was being tracked by satellite.  Cheesy Cheesy I wonder if he had help from NASA for an hour or if he owns his own satelite.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 7:39am »

why on earth are you lot so dubious about all those claims ?? .. a mate of mine has one that easily gets to that speed  ..call him if you like ..his name is Walter Mitty .. now whats his number  .. hmm  ....  

seriously though its perfectly possible lads .. taking into account that if you hit 175 you'll certainly say it was 180.. and then the speedo built in error of ten percent ..making that about 158 then it fairly realistic ..I have an old police spec BOA that probably isn't far from that and its only ever been cammed I think ...  I'll take a peek when I strip it soon ...STN
IP Logged

David_South_West

24V............ .Goodness

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 11:01am »

I think he missed off two parts of the car that are not working properly, one is the speedo and the other is the nut attached to the steering wheel when he drives it!
IP Logged
Phil_Waller

GSO Person

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 1:14pm »

We had the same type of thread on the GSO site.. Same comments.. To be honest that is so badly advertised i would feel sorry for whoever bought it...

Embarassed

Cheesy
IP Logged

1998Scorpio 2.3i 16v Ultima

Vulcan

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 6:13pm »

If you got to that speed how would you know? The speedo on my Cossie only registers up to 140mph so it would be safe to assume the clock on the Grannie did the same (had a Grannie or two but can't remember ever looking)

Grin
IP Logged
Lee

2.9 12v ultima the mutts

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 7:19pm »

When he says decent shape before they went american looking does that mean he things my car is ugly Cry Huh Grin
   Lee
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 7:21pm »

Hi Guys ( and widows) . As posted eariler on this thread i emailed  the seller  asking how is his car so fast. In respone to my email to the gentleman selling this satellite busting car I list his respone to me. Wink  ...........................

This IS a 24V Cosworth. It could be my incredibly heavy right foot, but more likely a re-chip and re-map of the ECU... I can think of nothing else, there are no 'obvious' signs of anything being other than normal, apart from the incredible speed. At 90, the car feels like it's doing 50, but the traffic flies by.. At 120 it feels like 70, but you're overtaking everything.... At 150, even the supercars start to falter and slow down, with a clear road, you can floor it, fly past 160, and wind her right up to terminal velocity.. (180, nothing catching you other than police helicopter- Supercars not willing to risk damage to their expensive exotica, speed camera's taking pics of clear road where you were seconds ago...)

So whats the verdictHuh.........    STN me old china, I spose anything can be made to go faster than it was ever intended   My megane nearly did 100 on the way home) but its just the way the guy comes across. U got to admit it is kinda funny, as he truely believes what  he says. Id love to tyrekick and see if a test drive is possible. Anyone wanna come with me Grin

IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 7:41pm »

Hi Nick,I'll come along, Ain't had a good laugh for ages, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin
IP Logged
Dave Boulton

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 7:47pm »

Test drive?

Gentlemen, Please be aware that you must be well clear of the atmosphere before engaging warp, otherwise you might destroy the whole planet   Grin Grin Grin

Dave
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 9:16pm »

No worries Richard  Wink Wink Maybe  we cud persuade him too take it to santa pod if we go ( and he doesnt sell it)
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 9:38pm »

on Oct 1st, 2004, 7:21pm, Badboytunes wrote:

My megane nearly did 100 on the way home

Nick... I've told you a million times before NOT to exaggerate!  Wink
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 9:51pm »

Well I never & here's me about to plough £2000 into a 24V to try & get it upto 180 mph. Perhaps I should buy it? but I don't think so. It would have had major work to get that kind of performance he is talking about. That would be obvious work. It may be a 3.7 but even they only do about a true 160 mph in the Granada shell. I have had a MK3 upto an indicated 155 mph but my mate behind was following & he reckons it was 142 mph before he over took me on a CBR!
IP Logged

Dave
Phil_Waller

GSO Person

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 10:47pm »

It is known that the BOA with a ECU from a Police vehicle has a difference but this guy is total bullnuts. I would love to see what he looks like and what he is really about.. It is nob jockies like him that piss me right off on eBay.
IP Logged

1998Scorpio 2.3i 16v Ultima

Dave Boulton

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 10:50pm »

on Oct 1st, 2004, 9:38pm, Paul B wrote:

Nick... I've told you a million times before NOT to exaggerate!  Wink

That's not necessarily an exaggeration. 100 what? KPH? Furlongs/Fortnight?  Cheesy
IP Logged
Richard

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 11:02pm »

Yeah, Good idea Nick, and perhaps we could show those top fuel cars a thing or two eh. Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.