Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:31am

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ONE FOR THE COMPUTER BUFFS !!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ONE FOR THE COMPUTER BUFFS !!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ONE FOR THE COMPUTER BUFFS !!!!  (Read 881 times)
craig

Email

ONE FOR THE COMPUTER BUFFS !!!!
« on: Nov 24th, 2004, 4:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

here we go again then....
my CD rewriter turned up this morning,installed it exactly the same as the old one came out,all day,no problems with the drawer opening/closing,so my earlier problem must of been the drive,and not a virus,now for the however Huh Huh Huh

when i try to copy Angry,sorry back up a cd with the windows media player,no problems,works perfect,but my computer (packard bell i-media),has a cd copying facility called prassi primo dvd,when i try to copy a music cd using this package,i cant even get into it,the computer keeps saying "no compatable cd drives have been found on this computer",have tried installing the cd that came with the new sony cd writer,but still to no effect,dont get me wrong,pleased the problem is sorted,and quite happy to use the windows media player,however prassi primo does have more features and is easier to use,does anybody have any ideas/help..
you know what i'm like with these things Wink

craig..
IP Logged
Fitzy

WILMAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

Re: ONE FOR THE COMPUTER BUFFS !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 5:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Craig

Whenever i use my CD/DVD burning software (U-LEAD) when i go into the burn options there is a window which should show burn using  "whatever your make of drive is", on the right of this window is an arrow, and when i click on this arrow a drop down box appears with a list of drives, mine also includes about four old CD/DVD re-writer drives that are no longer installed, i just click on my re-writers description and it burns to this drive, maybe your burning software has its default set to use the old re-writer especially if it was the same make as the P.C. manufacturer.  You could try this or try and get into the settings and change the default drive setting.

HTH  

Fitzy   Wink Grin Wink
IP Logged

DON'T KNOW HOW OR WHY I DO IT......BUT I LOVE IT...........
bazw

fast, cheap and works you can have 2

bazopelgt   bazopelgt
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 5:53pm »

i think your problem is you are trying to use a dvd writing prog to work on a cd writer
this does not mormaly work  
did the writer come with any software if so put that on and it should work Smiley
if not get nero or any of the writing progs for a cdr/cdrw Smiley
IP Logged

the wright brothers were not the first to fly - just the first not to crash
JohnJ

98 2.3 Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24th, 2004, 6:02pm »

All CD/DVD writting software has got to support the drive its talking to, it sound like you could do with a update of your buring software or get your hands on Nero 6 as it supports all known drives and gives regular updates,
  www.nero.com

download a trial version.

JJ
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.