Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« WARNING!!!  24V SCORP REG "A2 DRH" »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   WARNING!!!  24V SCORP REG "A2 DRH"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WARNING!!!  24V SCORP REG "A2 DRH"  (Read 908 times)
Tamworth_Mafia

Email

WARNING!!!  24V SCORP REG "A2 DRH"
« on: Dec 16th, 2004, 2:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There is a Metallic Ash Black 24v Scorpio Ultima currently being sold by AMS-CARS (Ian MacKay) for the price of £1995.  

******BE WARNED!!!! *******

THIS CAR IS A TOTAL KNACKER AND COMPLETELY UNROADWORTHY, DESPITE ITS ALLEDGED M.O.T. PASS CERTIFICATE.  

I had the misfortune of owning the car for a couple of weeks before it went back and after threatening legal action a full refund was issued.  

THINGS KNOWN TO BE FAULTY OR UNSAFE ON "A2 DRH" DURING SEPTEMBER 2004 AND PROBABLY STILL.

1.Strong steering wander towards N/S
2.Power steering heavy and unresponsive
3.Juddering through power steering
4.Bad vibration under braking at two different speed ranges
5.MISSING WHEEL NUT ON EACH WHEEL when supplied to me!!!! i mean! M.O.T.?!!?!!?! PAH!!!
6.inside edge of O/S front tyre COMPLETELY THREAD-BARE
7. extremely and i mean EXTREMELY violent gearchanges to the point of being dangerous.
8. A/C permanently on regardless of switch setting.
9. Speedo needle jammed round against plastic trim and not working as a result.
10. Av 6MPG!!  
11. Missing battery cover. (sounds trivial but see home page if you're new to scorpio ownership)
12. Cruise control dead as a dodo.
13. Radio code lost long ago.
.... i could go on all day .  

The point is DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE MONEY FOR THIS VEHICLE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO SCRAP IT.  IT IS WHOLY UNSAFE AND THE M.O.T. CERTIFATE IS FRAUDULANT.  

I was lucky to escape with my money, and with no hint of exaggeration, my life as well.  I did not expect that a car with such a healthy price tag on it for its age and mileage would dare be in such an apalling condition, but i have learnt my lesson and i am now much happier with my newer, cheaper more reliable privately bought cossie.  

Please, dont make the same mistake as i did.  Its not worth its relatively immaculate paintwork.  

Regards, Mike.
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: WARNING!!!  24V SCORP REG "A2 DRH"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Don't wish to be cheeky but did you not notice these dangerous faults on the test drive ?

I sympathise as I was  taken in by a similar duff Scorpio  last summer and lost  a wad of dosh when I resold it, and made a point of telling the new owner its myriad faults , hence the loss of money ( It was just  a  crap car rather than  being dangerous ).
IP Logged
waders

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:38pm »

Surely,  
if you doubt the validity of the cars MOT, and you feel the car is a danger Shocked, you should report it to the authorities.  
Trading standards, ministry of transport!!

Waders.
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:01pm »

I actually called up about A2 DRH and spoke to the guy for a while about it. I would have gone to see it but isn't the mileage 130k? Too much for two grand. Besides all that it looked filthy in the pictures. I thought it'd be a good car aside from the high mileage.. what a disaster.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Tamworth. Better luck next time! There are some crackers out there, you just have to be patient.  

D
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Tamworth_Mafia

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:23pm »

Mileage was somewhere in the vicinity of 116k miles. yes, it is a steep price for a high miler! thats why i was expecting to find it had been lovingly owned from new! more fool me.  

Yes in response to mr_floppy, its amazing what you'll forgive on a quick tootle round the block at low speed when uve fallen in love with the idea of a having the car. i admit it. i was a fool, but i have learnt from it and i am now the proud owner of a lovely Dark Aubergine cosworth saloon with much less on the clock.  

Waders - its a matter of proof. as terms of getting my 100% the guy wanted all documentation back including the MOT.  in my hurry to photocopy the MOT certificate i fouled it up and missed the serial number off the bottom.  so now the balls in his court really, and theres not much i can do about it.  i did threaten him with all this but i am glad to have my money back and recently ive had more serious concerns on my mind. but you are right.  If any of you want to take it up in your own right as an issue then feel free so long as your report is based on your own assesment of the car, not mine as i havent seen it for over a month. tho i doubt its changed *shudder*  

is there a better way of alerting the general public to the dangers of this car without the faff of court proceedings me wonders??  

Mike. take care all.  
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:33pm »

Glad  to  hear  you  have   found  a  Good  Scorpio!

Smiley
IP Logged
MACCA

95 ULTIMA 2.0 16V 57,000 DOGS SWINGERS

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 12:49pm »

I had a car not a scorp a couple of years ago with a so called m.o.t.It was a death trap.What i did i took it back to the garage that m.o.ted it and told them i had informed the ministry of transport.The garage repaired every thing that was wrong with it and re m.o.ted it.When i got it back it was spot on and i had it 3 years, i took it back every year for its m.o.t they always made sure it was spot on
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.