Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 3:13pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« not scorpio related....... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   not scorpio related.......
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: not scorpio related.......  (Read 1060 times)
Badboytunes

Email

not scorpio related.......
« on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 9:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi to all. sorry this is not scorp or even ca related but im after sum advice.......... Lynn and I help out with the Retired Greyhound Trust and belong to a forum www.greyhoundgap.com   . Recently a hacker has got into the system and is causing grief for the admin but also for the lady who set up the charity (Greyhound Gap)
 Posts are being ammended  with obscenities, being deleted, and now the eomticons have gone. Does admin or anyone  know how we can trace internet activity ? I.e logons ect or trace ISP's?  here is a recent post of the events so far......

" I would just like to give you a round of applause but I cant because youve deleted the "sexually orientated" emoticons. Clever you!!!

This board over the last two years has helped to save over 200-300 dogs lives and by messing with it your messing with lives!! Give yourself a big pat on the back and I hope you are proud of yourself.........

Im not going to sit here waiting and wondering what you are going to do next why?? Cos ive got six dogs in my house tonight three off them who would probably be dead now if it wasnt for rescue, im going to go do something constructive and find them a home.

So far you have managed to wreck about a months worth of my time that ive put into the forum over the last 18mnths to 2years very very very very "sexually orientated" clever your parents must be so proud of the constructive way YOU as an individual have chosen to use your time.  

So from me a big big big  thankyou..."  

I hope sum one can help....

Cheers Nick
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

Re: not scorpio related.......
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:09pm »

Nick,
I had a look at the forum and it is hosted by Proboards and looks to be similar to this board in that it's YaBB based.
YaBB board hacking has been discussed in great length on the support forums for YaBB and the main reason for it happening is that the forums' files are viewable from the internet which should never be the case. Most files should be protected by a .htaccess file which doesn't allow the directory structure to be even viewed never mind changed. The first course should be to approach Proboards and make them aware of what has gone on so that they can take the appropriate action to stop it.

ISP's can be found easily from IP addresses that are recorded by anyone visiting the board. A simple whois search finds the ISP and any reputable ISP will kill the account of anyone found to be hacking.

Has this individual got an account on the board?

The admin of your board should have a record of the IP and most hosting companies can provide a record of anyone visiting the website. On my personal web pages I can see the time of visit, the IP and all pages viewed by all visitors.
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 11:10pm »

thanx for the advice Vulcan. i will try and get sum more info. Sorry to admin for posting in the wrong  section Embarassed
IP Logged
desperate

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 11:46pm »

d**n some people are just so worthless.  Such waste of air scum bags.

Why would someone intentionally harm a sight used for charitable motives ??

Absolutely beggers belief and i hope it all gets sorted for the charity and the server is a little more secure.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.