Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 6th, 2024, 6:18pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« CD / DVD Printers »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   CD / DVD Printers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CD / DVD Printers  (Read 790 times)
dexix

Email

CD / DVD Printers
« on: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi I broke my Photo printer for my computer yesterday and found that they have now discontinued it - I used it a lot for printing up labels to put on my DVD's I had recorded so thought maybe now would be a good time to invest in one which printed directly to the DVD disc face rather than on labels to stick on.

Has anyone got one and if so can they recommend it or do they know of any which I should steer clear of? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Nick
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Re: CD / DVD Printers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Nick. We have an Epson Photo R300 and as yet I haven't come across any printable CDs... but the truth is I don't get out much. They are available on the net at the same price as regular CDs though. I've tried printing on an 'almost printable' cd and the result was good! Very professional. The R300 so far has been very very reliable and prints to-the-edge on A4 and 6"x4" in stunning quality. And it's only about £80 if you shop around.  

So yes. Do it!

Dave
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
low_tom

mam the car goes up and down!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 11:53am »

hey nick for a printer try dabs here-

http://www.dabs.com/uk/productView.html?quicklinx=300M&familyid=171

also try these cd-r's for printing  

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/hardware/consumablesmediaandstationery/p roductView.htm?quicklinx=2S5R

we use sony and verbatim cdrs in work for printing onto,but have a modified epson c62 with a special cd chute. it's a bit of a pain,but works.
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 4:00pm »

Yes we have the same printer (Epson Photo R300) as Dave and so far it has been very good, can thoroughly recommend it. Excellent quality and individual ink cartridges too.

Paul
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
dexix

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 7:33pm »

Thanks guys for all the info I knew I could count on this site - if you know about scorps you know about anything!

Funnily enough I had narrowed it down between an Epson R300 and the similar priced Canon version but I liked the sound of the Epson and noticed that ink cartridges could be obtained very cheaply on the net so I will be ordering one asap - thanks again everyone!

Nick
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 9:41pm »

Oui, the R300 be a good choice! If you do end up with that one, 'andresimm' on ebay provides seriously cheap 'imjet' cartridges, and we've used a set from him. They're good. He has loads of sets on at the moment, like this one; item # 6742375816. £11.98 including postage.. which dad has had a hard time getting over. He keeps squeaking about how much Epson want for their genuine cartridges... funny.

I agree with Paul too, it really is a good printer. No problems with it yet at all.
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:41pm »

We have about a dozen Epson printers at work from the R series ranging from the 200 to the sooper dooper RX600 which has a little LCD screen for showing the pics from digital camera cards before you print.
Never had much (if any) problems with any of them. They do their job perfectly and share themselves to the network through the attached PC without any major hassles.

One thing, once those cartridges are in they are there until they are empty, take them out and expect to put a new one in... NEVER put the old one back. When you first put the cart in; a needle pierces a membrane which allows ink to flow, take it out and the vacuum is broken, when you put it back the ink doesn't flow (in bad cases it flows a bit too much down into the cart carrier...nasty)

All in all the Epson R series are the printer we are recommending for home use ATM.

BTW I have about a dozen CD carriers for these jobbies if anyone needs a spare... we never print onto CD's during the normal College day.

Wink
IP Logged
dexix

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 17th, 2005, 10:47pm »

Thanks Dave I have had a look at the ebay site and will mark it for when I need some replacement ink - they really are cheap as chips!

Thanks Vulcan for confirming the Epson as the right choice - fingers crossed the printer will be with me tomorrow!

Nick
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.