Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 12:21am

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Scooters !! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Scooters !!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Scooters !!  (Read 635 times)
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Scooters !!
« on: Feb 19th, 2005, 1:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anybody out There no anything about Mopeds Scooters ,i have a 50cc Malaguti liquid cooled thingy for commuting across town ,because it takes less fuel to do a round trip to office and back than the cossie takes to fire up in the morning ,however i would like to get a bit more performance out of the thing as its restricted to 30mph unless downhill when it will reach the heady heights of 34mph ,anybody know anything about these things or how its done ,ive tried a internet search but cant come with anything on malaguti deregulating ,so if youve all stopped laughing at me now any useful advise would be appreciated ,apart from sticking some blades on the bottom and using it to cut the lawn
cheers Colin
IP Logged
low_tom

mam the car goes up and down!

View Profile WWW

Re: Scooters !!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 1:43pm »

generally the restrictors are; on the inlet side, either in the manifold (like a restricting washer or rubber flap) or from the airbox to the carb(same flap,washer thing) or at the beginning of the exhaust before the expansion chamber,again normally a washer welded in. Easiest thing to do is start with the inlet,then the exhaust. It can be less hassle to buy a new pipe like a fresco than mess around trying to get the washer out. They can also be on the drive side and you may have to replace the belt drum. check M&P in google,they used to do loads of aftermarket bits. You will have to tell your insurance company,and check that your licence allows you to ride unrestricted. ie did you have to do a CBT to ride it,or did you have your licence before 1st jan 2001 i think it was. If it's a case of the latter then legally you will have to do a CBT. hth
IP Logged
colinw

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 1:51pm »

Yes thanks that was very helpful ,i will have to get out and have a look around to see what i can sort out  
much obliged  
Colin
IP Logged
Badboytunes

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2005, 11:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

isnt there something that says about the spped has to be  restricted to 30mph? Im not too clued up on bikes... but im sure if its a moped it cant go faster....

Nick
IP Logged
low_tom

mam the car goes up and down!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 12:23am »

hence the comment about licence regulations.
think it goes like this(excuse if any mistakes,the tequila's starting to kick in)
-16 with CBT: 50cc producing no more than 3bhp,no faster than 35mph
-17 with CBT:up to 125cc producing no more than 12bhp
-17 with test:up to 33bhp for 2 years,then unlimited(apparently due to change)
-21 with DAS:unlimited cc/bhp
BUT there's a lot of confusion with people that ride 50cc's on a car licence when actually they need to have a CBT to ride legally.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.