Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 7:16pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« New chat url »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   New chat url
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New chat url  (Read 982 times)
Vulcan

Email

New chat url
« on: Mar 18th, 2005, 10:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

We are testing a newer (nicer) chat interface, anyone who wants to come log in at...
http://www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net/realchat/chat.html

This one is an evaluation copy but we can use it as long as we see fit. But if it looks good I'll think of buying it.

BTW you'll need Java enabled on your browser for this one and if you have SP2 you'll find the popup is blocked by default and you'll need to click the yellow bar under the address bar to allow popups from the site. I absolutely guarantee that popup paranoia is not neede here. Grin
IP Logged
Captain / Vice Admiral

Email

Re: New chat url
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 9:33am »

Could not log in George - See Message

Could not connect to www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net:8080.

Possible reasons include:

- The chat server system at www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net on port 8080.

Sorry HuhHuhHuh Captain / VA
IP Logged
Mrs Phuturephantasy

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 9:35am »

Ive log in fine to the chat room im there now but everyone must be still asleep .

GET UP EVERYONE
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 2:18pm »

on Mar 19th, 2005, 9:33am, Captain / Vice Admiral wrote:
Could not log in George - See Message

- The chat server system at www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net is temporarily unavailable.

- Your computer is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please ensure that your firewall permits outgoing TCP connections to www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net on port 8080.

Sorry HuhHuhHuh Captain / VA

Michael,
you have your browser java settings too high, you need to go into the options and lower them a bit.
Default browser settings tend to see Java as an intruder, drop the settings till it works.
..Or you may be behind a firewall that does block port 8080, you may need to check that out
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 2:21pm »

on Mar 19th, 2005, 9:35am, Mrs Phuturephantasy wrote:

Ive log in fine to the chat room im there now but everyone must be still asleep .

GET UP EVERYONE

I'm in now.. Grin
IP Logged
Captain / Vice Admiral

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 3:14pm »

Same problem - try it on my computer when I get back to the UK

Captain / VA
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 3:26pm »

The new chat is good but it ain't free sadly... It will cost me $495 usd to buy it thats 257.509 GBP at current conversion rates.
Consequently in order to get it up and running I am using the Evaluation version which is fine but it has no admin functions.
The full version has all the bells and whistles and can be (will be) moderated 24/7.
Barry (waders) has said that he'll come in for a third of the money so that makes him in on the ground floor as a full moderator, I will also go for a third of the cash myself so that leaves about £86  to find.
Anyone who wants to see the chat in action go to...
http://www.fordscorpio.kicks-ass.net/realchat/chat.html
I have put a paypal donate button on there so if you feel you want to get the community rolling then help out.
Anyone who contributes will get moderator status on the chat... this means you can play god and kick people out.. Wink
Once we have enough money in the kitty I'll sort out the upgrade to the full version.

Captain: I can definitely say that the service is up and running so it has to be option 2. Sorry but I can't help more than that, some servers block port 8080 and that will be your problem I think. Check it out when you get back to the UK.
IP Logged
Captain / Vice Admiral

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 3:31pm »

Hi George - I could log into the first version OK  Cheesy

This version  Undecided Undecided Undecided I cannot log in - why is that?

Captain / VA
IP Logged
Vulcan

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 3:39pm »

The old one used port 80 and asp (active server pages) so it ran inside the browser itself. The new one uses Java and a popup Java window, it has has to have full access in and out to port TCP 8080.
Without full access to the port it kicks out the message you are seeing.....
Sorry.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.