Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Scorpio Service »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Scorpio Service
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Scorpio Service  (Read 590 times)
greenhamj

First Time Scorpio Buyer

View Profile Email

Scorpio Service
« on: Apr 9th, 2005, 8:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well im about to set off and deliver my 24v to my local fords where my friend is going to give it a ford service at mates rates...Im just wondering what could be wrongHuh?

The car seems to drive well to me but hey you never know, will keep everyone posted and hope that i dont need to buy a gallon of petrol and a box of matches for the insurance (at these petrol prices it would be cheaper to crash it rather than burn it but im prone to curl up in a ball and cry if i stub my toe, so driving it into  a wall, lamp-post (or even my misses lol) would just be outta the question.

Just incase anyone wondered i would never commint insurance fruad, id get my mate to do it lol

IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Scorpio Service
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 8:40am »

hi there

hope you know your mate well. ford IS NOT the place to take a scorpio! NoNo
IP Logged
greenhamj

First Time Scorpio Buyer

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 1:09pm »

hi

Well thanks for your comment but who would u suggest then??

Just got car back needs new radiator and new brake pads and discs all round. Can do rad for 210 including fitting as he gets around 54% discount.

Also he believes there is a blow on th exhaust manafold or one of the cats as car sounds noisy.

Oh joy
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 2:57pm »

hi there

check with barry (baz), he changed his radiator on his old 24v.

re the blowing. it could be the egr pipework. or one of the (lots) of vac pipes. you need to have a look at all of this first before a cat (£££), even with discount!
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/egrrepair.htm http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/faults_misfire.htm
IP Logged
admin
Administrator

The Big Boss

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 5:57am »

Tell your mate at the Ford garage about this site and he can then read up about them to help with the fault diagnosis.

Ford dealers are generally OK with newer, more common vehicles such as Mondeos etc but they rarely get to see a Scorpio and they are very complicated cars. Therefore the technician who works on your car may have never touched a Scorpio before and the fault diagnosis my be hard and long winded - and you are paying for their time to find the fault. Therefore it's better to have an idea of where the fault lies by checking out the info on the site first so that it can help the technician pin-point the fault quicker.  

They should be able to fix the problem properly when they have located it - the Scorpio is not really any more difficult to work on than any other Ford vehicle when you know exactly what part needs to be repaired or replaced.

In my experience however, a local repair garage where you can build a good relationship with the owner and technician generally gives you better value for money and is more likely to want your business in the future. I used to tip the technician who did work on my car and he used to really enjoy the Scorpio as he always reckoned that it was a challenge - better than doing oil changes on rusty fiestas Smiley

Good luck

Steve
IP Logged
Chad66

'96 2.9 12v Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 11:20am »

Replaced my radiator for £85....got an exchange unit and did it myself in under 2 hours....quite easy DIY job....

IP Logged
Chad66

'96 2.9 12v Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 11:26am »

Oh, and I forgot...did my front discs too (brake wobble...we've all been there haven't we!!)

Discs were £35 each and pads £30 set....again easy DIY....

These cars have enough claims on your wallet through normal running without going to the extremes of using FMD to pay lots of ££££ for jobs....can't your mate come over at a weekend and do the jobsHuh
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.