Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 9:22pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« expensive_expensive_scorpioman!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   expensive_expensive_scorpioman!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: expensive_expensive_scorpioman!!  (Read 1662 times)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

expensive_expensive_scorpioman!!
« on: Apr 24th, 2005, 10:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As I have always said about car breakers, eventually they all end up charging the earth for their bits!

Last year (Oct Nov time) I bought a facelift rear lens from madmadscorpioman, who I have always found to be quite reasonably priced, for £9.99 plus postage and in turn I have pointed him in the direction of a car or two on EBay which he has gone after.

I noticed last night that he was breaking an S reg facelift car in silver so asked him about another rear lens......£29.99 plus postage!! he has also just sold a facelift grille for £70.00!!

I personally think he is after buying a new Bentley or something considering how his prices have shot up.
IP Logged
monkfish

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: expensive_expensive_scorpioman!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 11:02am »

i agree mate about two months ago he put all of his prices as buy it now and timesed what he wanted for them beween two and three and a half times
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24th, 2005, 11:58am »

hi barry

i thought you were talking about me! Grin

you're right about his prices, though. supply and demand? Undecided
IP Logged
Greendragon

2.3 16V 1998 Saloon Ultima 75,000 miles.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 5:14pm »

Hi Baz  

You are right since he went buy it now price have rocketed I have asked him to try to get a face lift rear light strip this is his price  
£69.99 + £10 postage  Agree Shocked

I Just phoned fords to compare prices
They have it in stock now.
Price total £75.47p ""NEW""
Guess which one I am buying  
I pick it up tomorrow.

( Note : Just Hope Mr Ford has not made a mistake with product ( LOL ) ROFL
Will keep you informed  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21654&i tem=4545317640 Agree
IP Logged

greendragon Cool Wink Kiss Wink Cool Kiss Grin Smiley Cool Wink Kiss Grin Wink Cool Wink Kiss Grin Cool
greenhamj

First Time Scorpio Buyer

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 5:49pm »

hi

is this the whole unit including th ecentre black piece and lights
IP Logged
Greendragon

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 6:01pm »

Greenhamj  
As i understand thats what i asked for,
the boot lid light unit
to include the brake lights & reversing light  
will tell you tomorrow what i get ok  
regards
Greendragon
IP Logged

greendragon Cool Wink Kiss Wink Cool Kiss Grin Smiley Cool Wink Kiss Grin Wink Cool Wink Kiss Grin Cool
craig

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 6:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i would seriously double check that price,i really would find it hard to believe that the price you have been quoted is for the centre unit and the lights as well....
IP Logged
Greendragon

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 6:49pm »

Reply to all, Embarassed

If you look at the ebay link above that is the only part I am talking about.
Not the Indicator light's
( Just the Centre Rear Light Strip " ONLY " )

Sorry for the confusion  Embarassed Embarassed

Scorpioman is also selling the indicator separate see link attached  

Regards

Greendragon  

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21654&i tem=4545318566&rd=1
regards

I brought one last year from him for £9.99p plus postage and package
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 7:34pm »

I bought an indicator light from him last year for the same price.

Last night I sent him an email when he told me how much he wanted for a rear light for the drivers side:

"Jack, £30.00 plus postage?? The last one I bought from you was a tenner! Are you buying a villa somewhere?

Baz"
"Jack, £30.00 plus postage?? The last one I bought from you was a tenner! Are you buying a villa somewhere?

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

Baz"

I got this reply:

"sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack" "sorry baz but selling lots at low prices meant i was working for next to nothing, i have had to price sensibly to be able to keep trading thx jack"

Looks like he has joined the ranks of PVS Cars!! whereby instead of selling lots for little, he sells little for lots!
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Apr 25th, 2005, 7:38pm »

Look at this one!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4532683581& ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores

£80.00 for a facelift headlight....it is only 50 quid to buy new lenses from fords!! This guy really has started to take the mickey
IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 12:04am »

Dut you know baz,someone will always pay it, look at the prices charged by our German friends Agree

Markets dictate prices, now what we want to do is start buying every facelift we can fine, see 3 between us thats a good start, that way we can bothe give up work and take cars to bits all day Wink Wink

Nic
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 12:20am »

Trouble is, after the grille lights and maybe the interior, there aint a lot left to sell!!
IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 12:40am »

I agree, which is why the prices are gonna go up, need to get in ther mate.  I can see amarket for recon boxes in about 18 months, and recon bottom wiahbones, £140 freakin heck.

Its gonna get worse me old china, prices will go up. nly 12 months ago I paid only 90 for a radiator for the 24v, its another £50 now.

Nic
IP Logged
andyjones

1998 2.3 ultima estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 2:40pm »

scrapyards are starting to do it as well Sad went to buy a interior light (map reading one ). how much mate= a tenner was his reply, my reply= keep it, then it flows out of his mouth = THATS WHAT THEY GO FOR ON EBAY  Angry were doomed  Undecided
IP Logged
Greendragon

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 5:26pm »

Grin Grin Smiley Smiley

Well Chap's The Rear Boot Lid Light Cluster  did arrive today i attache pic  
( Well If I Can )??

Regards

Greendragon

IP Logged

Greendragon

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 5:30pm »

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Sorry that did not work try this link  

regards

Greendragon  

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/greendragon1953/Rear%20Light/
IP Logged

Dazzer0016

1997 Silver Saloon Bradford W Yorks

DAZZER0016  
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 5:34pm »

can,t get your link to appear
IP Logged

Scorpio owner for five years until now
Greendragon

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 5:38pm »

Not sure but does this one work ? Embarassed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/greendragon1953/Rear%20Light/Rear LightFrontView.jpg
IP Logged

Dazzer0016

1997 Silver Saloon Bradford W Yorks

DAZZER0016  
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 5:42pm »

just got mine yesturday, the same, i,m going to spray the original indicators black to match the boot lid cluster. how much you pay in total, mine was £51.00 including one broken unuasable indicator
IP Logged

Scorpio owner for five years until now
Greendragon

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 26th, 2005, 5:47pm »

Hi Dazzer0016
Well just got mine from Fords today new  
Total Price £75.47p

Part Number F1059448   QZ 250405/Lamp Assy  

Regards  
Greendragon
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.