Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 18th, 2024, 11:27pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Website Buttons »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Website Buttons
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Website Buttons  (Read 475 times)
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Website Buttons
« on: Jun 1st, 2005, 6:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This has been a much discussed subject in the past, but I just thought I'd drag it up again!  Roll Eyes

I used to be able to veiw the left-hand side buttons of the main website (back in the good old days).
Then, when we got a new laptop, it had Norton pre-installed and these buttons were no longer visible  Angry
Now today, we've ditched Norton but got McAfee protection instead. First thing I tried was the main site and.... they're back... the buttons.... I can see them again!  Grin

So, if anyone else can't see them and you have Norton, I would suggest that that is the problem.

Paul
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
craig

Email

Re: Website Buttons
« Reply #1 on: Jun 1st, 2005, 7:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

here comes the spanner in the works then paul,on the desktop and the laptop i use norton,and sorry to report that i have always been able to see the buttons.....

was it not something to do with java Huh Huh
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 1st, 2005, 8:03pm »

Hmm... well any Java settings have not been altered. The only thing dirrefent is the Norton/McAfee change-over.

Maybe this is not the fantastic solution I thought it was  Undecided
Oh well, it worked for me  Wink
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
rjd

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 1st, 2005, 8:24pm »

I can't see the buttons, I have norton firewall, but even when its disabled they don't appear, I have also installed Java vm, would like to get the buttons back!
IP Logged
SaveTheNight

I can resist anything ...except temptation !!

169650675 169650675    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 1st, 2005, 10:01pm »

any chance that Paul was using Norton internet security < absolute nightmare in my opinion > ..and possibly Craig was using Norton Anti Virus alone ? .. I sorted the problem once but just can't remember the outcome but I was also sure that it had to do with the button script being written in java.. I notice now though that my laptop misses the buttons and home comp is fine ... Laptop NIS and home NAV .. regards ....... STN
IP Logged

Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 6:49am »

In principle there are settings in every antivirus/ firewal that alow usage of flash animations, mime objects, java apps etc, but thesee are well hidden behind some notorious so called advanced settings. I use Zone Alarm Security Suite, its verry easy to use, has antivirus and a very good firewal with simple management.
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
craig

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 8:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

dont know if this helps but my desktop uses norton anti-virus 2002,and the laptop has norton internet security,and no problems with either on this site,i'm nearly 100% sure it was something to do with the java script,and if i remember steve sorted it out for somebody as well,but i just cant seem to find the thread anywhere Huh Huh
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 2nd, 2005, 9:38am »

For those of you using Norton Security and cannot see the Java Script buttons on the main page a read of this document may give you the solution.

Norton Security is notoriuos for causing problems.IMHO.

Situation:
When you visit specific Web pages, the entire page is not displayed. If you disable some features of Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall, the entire page is displayed.

Solution:
This problem happens when Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall has been configured to block scripts, ActiveX controls, Java applets, referral information, or advertisements.

ActiveX controls and Java applets can be blocked by customizing your security settings from the main interface. To find out whether this is the problem, read the section "Customize security settings."

All of these security features (scripts, ActiveX controls, Java applets, referral information, and advertisements) can be blocked by specific Web rules. These rules are located in the Advanced Options of the program. For scripts, ActiveX controls, Java applets, and referral information, see the "Web rules" section of this document.

See Symantecs support for Home/Small business for more infomation.
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.