Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:46am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The Return Of the Scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The Return Of the Scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Return Of the Scorpio  (Read 618 times)
gadgetmandb

Don't let the b****rs grind you down

View Profile WWW

The Return Of the Scorpio
« on: Jun 10th, 2005, 7:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiley Finaly after 6 months and about 3 weeks hopefully this tueday June 14th I will be getting my scorp back. It has had to have its engine
 hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built  hand built
after my misses toasted it  doing 100 plus on zero amount of water after the head gasket went and she didn't realise. The engine now supports racing bearings and brand new pistons from Germany,(cos thats the only place we were able find them) Total cost to me
 £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.  £1,500.
I now have legs like tree trunks as I took up serious cycling as a means of travelling around until my scorp was fixed. I hope to be able to bring it to one of the next scorp meetings.
IP Logged

Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

Re: The Return Of the Scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 7:56pm »

Hey!

Thats gonna be a good engine! Was wondering what was happening to your motor the other day actually!

Hope it all goes well, let us know how you get on this Tuesday  Cheesy

Cheers
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
gadgetmandb

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11th, 2005, 1:33pm »

Thanks, will do. I am looking forward to some scorpi meets this year now, at the rate it was taking i thought I would never get it back. Apparently 2.0 litre's are 2 a penny but the 2.3's are like rocking horse teeth to get the bits for and or eplacement engines, that are actualy any good. If anbody wants to know of a decent engine re builder, (he took about 3 weeks) I can let you have his number.
IP Logged

scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11th, 2005, 1:57pm »

welcome back!!!

one of our members got a new ford 2.3 engine fitted and it cost him £2500 Shocked

IP Logged
gadgetmandb

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12th, 2005, 9:24pm »

Blimey that was expensive.
Still I paid £2000 for the car origionaly and now £1500 recon I should now have a good car and as far as i'm concerned it is still cheap for the amount of luxuory (hmm dodgey spelling) we have with these motors. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

gadgetmandb

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 8:12am »

I can't believe it, the engine was fitted perfectly and started on the first 1/2 of a revoloution of the engine. It sounded sweet then it just started  Embarassed Cry Huh P****ng Huh water out the back. FAult was finally forund to be the top core plug that is held on with 3 bolts. Hopefully it is being rectifiyed as I type or I will be doing an internal on the bloke who built the engine. Angry Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

gadgetmandb

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17th, 2005, 12:38pm »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa TA tatatata daaaaaaaaa
yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee yippeeeeeeeeee
My beloved Scorpio is back.............. Collected her this afternoon. Going home after work to give her a good seeing to with a wet leather and some soap. Reprogramme the remote and seats as well. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17th, 2005, 5:48pm »

Woo hoo  Grin  

Bet it feels awfully sweet!! Should drive well too!

Congrats mate  Grin
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 11:36pm »

We've had a few Scorp owners  recently  having to sadly give up their pride and joy because the cost of repair was just too much to bear.  

Good to hear of a  success story, and welcome  back to the fold.

You know, of course, that after shelling out all that moolah  ( Sods Law ), the  gearbox  will  start to play up or the  power steering  will  start  playing  at silly b*****s.  
        Hah!     the fun we have !

IP Logged
gadgetmandb

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Jun 21st, 2005, 1:07pm »

You cynical old b****r you , if you jinx it i will send the boys round (LOL) p.s going to get my Air con re gassed as i don't think it has ever been done before. found a place that charges £45.00 told him if he did a good job i would recomend him to you guys via the web site..  He was most happy (LOL)
IP Logged

gadgetmandb

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 10:09am »

WinkSee you all down the pub at the herts meet Cheesy
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.