Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:53am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« A Scorpio in France. A diary of a trip abroad!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   A Scorpio in France. A diary of a trip abroad!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A Scorpio in France. A diary of a trip abroad!!  (Read 4514 times)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

A Scorpio in France. A diary of a trip abroad!!
« on: Jun 27th, 2005, 10:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well nearly......Day One.  

Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4: Scorp Count Today = 4:

1 nouveau red estate in Bexleyheath and a black saloon on the M1 and a tourmallard M reg one on the M25. With the Nantucket Grey Saloon in Warrington as we were leaving this morning; quite a good day. (We stopped counting Mondeos at 47,000!!!)

We made it to Dover and we are currently in a Premier Lodge just outside the town.  

Trip down was good with only a few forced diversions due to accidents (sat nav got us round that really well with its "diversion" option as it lets you stipulate a diversion and works out the route for you!!)

Car running really well and averaging 24 to the gallon which isn't too bad for UK. Looking for more in France where the Autoroutes aren't as full so less braking and speeding up is necessary.

Having all the bushes replaced at the front has made a heck of a difference to the ride quality. I had an incredible squeaking at the front which I thought was the shock absorber but turned out to be one of the bushes. Now it is as quiet as a mouse.

My little lad Connor has already mastered the recling rear seat mod and with the headrest screens showing Thomas the Tank Engine and the aircon mod (courtesy of Dave Neale....cheers mate!) the car is more highly equipped than anything else on the road!!  

Tomorrow at 9am we are on the ferry and off to France so see you tomorrow!!

My Scorpio complete with roofbox at Thurrock services. Apologies for the picture quality but the 3G/GPRS is charged by the upload size. I can upgrade the pictures once back home if anyone is really interested!!

If anyone finds this incredibly boring, please tell me and I will stop!!  

Baz
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Re: A Scorpio in France. A diary of a trip abroad!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27th, 2005, 10:48pm »

No, you keep it coming Baz.

And on your way back home, keep an eye out around Ashford for me. I'm just a short way off the notorious junction 10 of the M20
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27th, 2005, 10:59pm »

Paul, were you wanting the Cortina power steering rack?
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 6:53am »

Been giving that some thought Baz but I'm going to pass. I don't really have too much time to be doing the work and really, for the amount I actually drive the car, I think its maybe not worth it.

I do also belong to a Cortina forum though, and there could well be someone interested on there. They may even be interested in the whole car  Undecided  How bad is it? Or, more to the point, do you want to get involved at this late stage?

UPDATE: I have mentioned to the Cortina nuts that this car is in a breakers and possibly available, and now I have 3 people interested already. Baz, if you want to retrieve it you could make a few quid. I was looking for that photo you posted of it, but can't find it any more  Undecided
The questions I've been asked are: Is it a 1.6 or a 2.0? (I reckon it must be a 2-litre if its got power streering), How was the interior? And whats the general bodywork like? Also, what yard is it in? (from a guy in Warrington).
IP Logged

Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 9:24am »

Thats cool Baz. Keep it coming, looking forward to the photos in France. Take care  Smiley
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 10:14pm »

Day two.

Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2 Scorpio Count = 2
Both in Dover, a Tourmallard green saloon and a left hand drive estate with the country code of just "N" which I have just found out is Norway!

We are now at Clermont Ferrand, about 460 miles from Calais.  

Everything is going well and I am now on my third tank of petrol!! Traffic has been light apart from the periferique which was a bit of a nightmare.

Haven't seen any Scorpios or Granadas in France, but not too suprised at that (Have you ever done a search on www.ebay.fr for "Scorpio"? about 3 things turn up!!

Hotel is good and has `air con in the rooms which is a bonus and wifi so it only costs me 10euros for 2 hours access instead of £10.00 per meg with my 3g card in europe!! Hotel cahin if anyone is heading to France this year is www.kyriad.fr, not bad rates, 70 euros for 3 of us with breakfast thrown in too!! a bit better than a F1 or Mercure.

Tomorrow I should have about 350 miles to do so only one more fill up before we get there!!

Todays photo shows the Scorpio at Dover.

The wife says it looks pretty meaty and a lot of folks have been staring as we have been belting past them on the peages!! It still motors even with half of dixons on board including an iron and two hairdryers!!

Also, have you ever noticed the mountain on the label of a bottle of Volvic mineral water??  well here it is in real life!!

More tomorrow, hopefully from Argeles-sur-Mer

Baz
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 10:16pm »

Paul,

I will get the power steering rack kept to one side tomorrow by my mate and will let you know when I get back

baz
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 28th, 2005, 10:29pm »

Baz... thanks for today's update.  Must get some Volvic water tomorrow to check the label  Wink

Your Cortina... has it been broken already? The thing is, there are a few people (a couple from your area too) interested in the complete car.
I'm being bombarded by Cortina fanatics asking all sorts of info about it  Shocked    oops!
IP Logged

LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 29th, 2005, 1:54pm »

Enjoying the updates, keep them coming, and btw the car looks great.

Paul

IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29th, 2005, 9:57pm »

Day three.

Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1 Scorpio Count =1

German Aubergine estate right here on the site!! Looks to be about a 1995/96

Mileage today was about 365 or so. Sat nav got us straight here with no problems and the TMC guidd us around a few slows bits of traffic as well.  

We arrived at Argeles at about 3:30pm. Weather is pretty good (about 27 degrees) although we did go through the mother of all storms on the way down. The wipers couldn't cope with the amount of water!!

Tomorrow, the car needs a wash as there are masses of dead flies stuck to all areas of the front!!

Had an english guy ask me today if my car was a new Ford model!! (That made me feel good!!)

Tomorrow is a trip to the pool and down to the beach....without the car!

Baz
IP Logged
granorpio

1998 Silver Facelift Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 29th, 2005, 10:30pm »

Bonjour Baz
Enjoyed the trip so far, keep up the good work.
Tomorrow chill, relax and ENJOY  Wink

CADENAS LA VOITURE

Mike
IP Logged

- Mike -

So nearly said "goodbye" but now Scorpio will see another day, alongside the replacement! eek!
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 9:55pm »

Day 4.

Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0 Scorpio Count = 0

Bad day for Scorpio spotters!! I did see the same one as I saw yesterday, but that doesn't count really.

Had a chilling out day today. Washed the car because it still had the flies graveyard all over the front and went to the pool complex. Only drove into town tonight for some food. Got a few puzzled looks from the locals qu'est que c'est? Un Scorpio? est qu'il un nouveau voiture??

Out tomorrow for a few miles so will try and spot a few more foreign types

Baz

IP Logged
granorpio

1998 Silver Facelift Cosworth

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30th, 2005, 10:47pm »

Nose in the air tonight then Baz.  Grin
Exclusive and 'new' it is then, enjoy the moment(s) and pose, unlike what them common everyday Merc and Beamer owners can do LOL  Wink
IP Logged

- Mike -

So nearly said "goodbye" but now Scorpio will see another day, alongside the replacement! eek!
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 1st, 2005, 11:14pm »

Bonsoir a tous

I can understand the reaction from people seeing S2.9COS  you are changing your Cossie into an Ultima Mk2 or is it a 3

Looking forward to the next update from our South of France Correspondent. Cool

IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 8:46pm »

Day 4 & 5

Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0 Scorpio count =0

Two more bad days for scorpio spotters. I reckon they only must have sold 3 in France. Mileage finally popped over to 72000 today!

Yesterday a nice trip to Port Vendres. Lovely place but a real plus having the auto box was a real help. The pyranees are a real pain for manual boxes but the views are pretty good over the Med!!

This is the Scorpio we saw. Anyone in Germany recognise this one!?

Finally to really upset everyone, had a trip to Canet Plage today and took this picture of an information board on the seafront.......god this is a hard holiday to cope with, the guilt of all this nice weather is almost too much!!

Baz

Oh, one other picture which is retty good!!

Baz
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 9:02pm »

WOW!  That was a bit of a warm one Baz.

Tell you what though, your Scorpio looks better than ever there. Really looks nice.  Cool

What with the shortage of Scorps over there (more so than here?) they must really be noticing yours.
IP Logged

music_master

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 9:30pm »

ill tell u paul 2 minds think alike  Grin baz ur scorp looks top dollar m8 hope your having a good time with all the nice weather catch you soon  Grin
IP Logged
tony

1996 2.9 12v

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:57pm »

It really does look good Baz, but....... are you really washing and polishing your car while you're on holiday?

Enjoy yourself, and keep posting the pics.
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:00pm »

Yes he bloody well is!! 12.30 today Connor and myself in the car soaring heat washing the car down and then giving it chamois.  Would you believe it? Baz's wife.
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jul 3rd, 2005, 11:04pm »

So there is your answer Tony...straight from the wifes mouth so to speak!! The site we are on has pitched me with a parking space under the biggest most bird attracting tree in France and somewhere they all like to congregate to have a poo on my car so it has to be washed before we go out doesn't it?? Can't have the French thinking we don't look after our cars!! Mind you judging by the state of most of theirs, it wouldn't matter anyway!

Baz
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.