Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 7:12am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Silverstone Scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Silverstone Scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Silverstone Scorpio  (Read 535 times)
gazz

I own a 24v - and points on my licence - why?

View Profile WWW Email

Silverstone Scorpio
« on: Aug 7th, 2005, 10:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,  

If anyone was wondering who the complete lunatic was driving the Dark Green 24v Scorp around the Silverstone 2.1 mile circuit today (Ford Fair Sunday- track day) - well it was me!

I hope that the car was represented well and don't think I did too bad considering.......and although we were driving 'sideways'  around the odd corner a few times, (lots of smoke and noise)  it wasn't me who eventually brought the proceedings to an end, that was one of our other 'Cosworth cousins' who ended up in the gravel - hah!

Came away with a big fat grin, the car intact and some smashing photies of me in front of several Cossies (available off list if required)    

Gazz  
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: Silverstone Scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 12:07am »

Have we got ourselves a Convoy??

Hell no, we're just in front! Wink

Nice one Gazz

IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 8:09am »

WOW what a thought........I'd love to see more photos Gaz. What lap times did u do compared to the other Cosworths?

Baz
IP Logged
paulscorp

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 11:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well gazz, looks like you had some serious fun there.

We're going up to Santa Pod in Sept, might even take the scorp down the strip ha ha ha......or maybe not!!!  ROFL my 2.3 isn't quite a cossie.

Regards  

Paul
IP Logged
bertie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 10:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Gazz you mad fool.....good for you.....what time were you on..I wish I'd seen you to say hello....

next year ehhhh!!  I'm planning a 2litre zetec with a t3 turbo strapped on....more speed in the straights as I had the corners sorted...

mind you, I missed the comfort of the Scorpio for the drive down and back..all 548 miles of it.....the feasty is mighty uncomfortable for that...
IP Logged
gazz

I own a 24v - and points on my licence - why?

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 10:39pm »

Hi folks, .......Gazz again

You ask about lap times - mmmmnn well  I actually had a few other things on my mind at the time, if you see the car in the piccy's above you'll see that she's wearing absolutely standard profile tyres. What with these big wobbly bits of rubber (even at 38 psi) and the traction control turned off the weight of the car was so unwieldy in the corners (04 technical hairpins) that by lap 04 I was going from hardly any effect to locking up in an instant, so much so that on one of the hairpins (Abbey) I did a complete power slide all the way around with the front wheels on the black & whites all the way !!  

I only ever used 2nd and 3rd gears and was able to do over the ton in the straights and was being videod by relatives who weren't too kind in reckoning that I was out for a Sunday drive - well it was hot, I had the stereo on a-la-stig .....and I neglected to have the three finger gap in the windows  - after all ...I had the air conditioning on of course !

Cheers for all the response guys ....and thanks to Highlander for putting the pics up

Gazz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.