Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:42am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Any Bikers out there? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Any Bikers out there?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any Bikers out there?  (Read 365 times)
janspeed

Mmmmm Beer

View Profile Email

Any Bikers out there?
« on: Sep 1st, 2005, 10:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiley
Any bikers out there?
If so, what was your first motor bike?

Mine was a Suzuki 50, not sure of the model as it had been resprayed black and god knows what other colour.
I was a spotty 16 yr old with attitude, had all the D.P.M. camo gear on, a mustache that looked like my eyebrow had come down for a drink.
Had my fair share of the girls tho, maybe because i looked like a rebel or was it the bike?
Oh my god what did i look like? lol  ROFL

Jay
IP Logged
craig

Email

Re: Any Bikers out there?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 2nd, 2005, 7:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

jay....

started off with a yamaha FSIE (BOY THAT WAS FUN),next i had a suzuki gt 200,after that a us custom 400,and finally for the first time round a kawasaki gpz 750,then got married and had children,how ever about 8 years ago,did go back to biking for a while bought a gsxr 400 (grey import),then finally a green meanie gpz 900 ninja,wife was not too keen on the back of it,but i still loved it to bits,as i still do all bikes,how ever since my diagnosis i have had my motor cycling entitlement taken away from me,and unfortunately cant ride legally anymore Cry Cry Cry

between you and me though,i have been fortunate enough to have taken out on a small ride on a private road ( Wink) both a fireblade and the best of all was a hayabusa,bikes have come a long way now,and the power and handling are a lot better,but like i have said,for now anyway,those days are gone........
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:06pm »

I never had a bike, but a few years ago i took a ride with a old 4 stroke boxer engine BMW ( r12 not sure of the model, it was made in aprox. 1940-1946 ) it had 750 cubic centimeters, two pistons, dual carburators, dual air filters, dual exaust, dual throttle cables, 4 speed gearbox, electric starter, air cooled engine, top speed of about 160 Kmph. It was magnific  Shocked. And i was amazed that it's original battery was still fitted  Shocked
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
janspeed

Mmmmm Beer

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 3rd, 2005, 10:43pm »

I`m surprised that more people havn`t  had a motor bike at some stage.
After the suzuki i had a Honda mtx 50then a Suzuki 100.
Then i passed my test in a car, after numerous cars i passed my test on a bike, then it was a Kawasaki GPZ500,had a go on a Honda CBR600 and a Honda CBR1100 Blackbird, wow what a bike.Then a Kawasaki ZX6R then another ZX6R,a green one this time.
Then had a very big accident on said green one in the Lake District, i had 3 weeks in hospital and 6 months off work, broke my femur and  posterior cruciate ligament. The most embarasing thing is, i was an instructor. DOH.
I`m ok now, but due to now having a family, i`ve knocked biking on the head till the kids have grown up and i reach my mid life crisis and due to being away from biking so long i will probably end up killing my self on some super bike trying to relive my youth. lol as so many born agains do.
Jay
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 4th, 2005, 7:00am »

mid life crisis,that was the phrase i was looking for Grin Grin
IP Logged
DexterR1

2.0 16v Ultima Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 2:50pm »

At age 16 FS1E the new Xreg '81 MB50, then Honda CB250,

Age 30
Yamaha XJ750
H Reg Honda CBR1000FL + Yamaha XT350
W Reg YZF R1

Age 40
J Reg CBR1000FM

Got rid of the R1 because I wanted to keep my license, but got banned for non-driving offence anyway.

IP Logged

OBD2 Available in Farnborough Hants
Thunderchild

My other car's an Aprilia

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 11:41am »

mid life crisis....... Ah yes I know that.

Well my first bike after passing my direct access was a Yamaha XV1100 Virago... I still have it

next Honda CBR 600FX very nice.. my son now has that

Finally Honda CBR900 Fireblade..... OMG!!! fantastic

My son also has a Suzuki GSXR 1000.. now that is a mental machine and it scares the sh*t out of me.

It's hard to beat the adrenaline rush of grinding the pegs as you go round a corner... still can't get the knee down though.

Thunderchild
IP Logged
ming

facelift scorpio ultima cosworth

mingbop
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 12:10pm »

Cool we are bikers too, and wi the bloody worry he's having over the scorp I wish we'd stuck wi bikes ! lol.
We had a 60s triton (bonnie engine ) recently sold it; and have a 750 yamaha.
IP Logged
hillbilly

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 2:39pm »

My first bike was an rd 50 got smashed up i got hit by a bus but was a good bit of fun at the time  Shocked
IP Logged
Big_Green_Tank

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 18th, 2005, 8:59am »

Mine was a Yamaha 200 YCS3 all those years ago (1972-75) when it was 3 years old ( the bike not me!!)
Nice little bike.

Bob
IP Logged
lonesomecajun

Yeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwwww !!!!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 5:26pm »

My first bike was a 125 Honda - I only bought it out of necessity but fell in love with bikes after that and have had quite a few.

Personal favourite was the Hayabusa - not just for it's monstrous top speed but for the relaxed way in which it was delivered, select a gear, any gear, and leave it there all day if you felt like it.

Currently have an R1 in my garage now.
IP Logged
maddshooter

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 5:40pm »

must search the old grey cells to remember my first bike
Being brought up by a bike riding/racing dad there was always something interesting to ride from about 7 or 8 years old.
 I distincly remember having a 500 Matchless single that could launch me over the bars if I set the advance / retard wrong! I was about 14 and used it for trials riding of all things. If we fell over it stayed down until help arrived.
Got a GSX750 at the moment. All the speed, handling and two up comfort we need.
 Cass. my 15 year old daughter loves going out on it with me, only problem is she looks much older in her leathers etc. and I get many a " dirty old man look" when we stop off places. Be a shame to ruin their fun by explaining I'm her dad!

Chris
IP Logged

'95 2.0L 16v Ultima Estate
clivehenryjones

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 10th, 2005, 9:31am »

I used to lust after the FS1E when I was 16, but my dad wouldn't let me have a bike - "too dangerous" - so we struck a deal and he taught me to drive instead. I passed first time and never looked back.
However, the bug never left me and metamorphisized (sp?) into a love of scramblers (motocross to you!).
I had:
Dt 175 enduro (crap bike but everyone starts somewhere..)
KTM 420 twinshock ('78 model)
Maico 440 MX twinshock
another Maico 440 MX twinshock
Maico 490 Enduro twinshock (Ex ISDE bike!!)
Honda XR250 RE four stroke (GREAT bike)
Husqvarna CR 250  watercooled single shock
and currently KDX 200 C1 (1986).
IP Logged

Browse my part-time job website :http://www.thechilibar.com and http://www.thecleavagecam.com
grandad

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 11:03pm »

came late to bikes mum had said NO first honda 90 --suzuki 125 wolf--new bmw f650  --kawasaki 550gt x2  now on 2nd yamaha 900 diversion  Grin
IP Logged
Paulus

Big and Ugly....DON'T MESS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 5:05pm »

I've been a biker since I was 16. Starting with a Honda PXR50, Suzuki GP100, Suzuki GP125, Yamaha RD125, Kawasaki Z250, Suzuki X5, Yamaha TZR125, Suzuki RF600, several Yamaha RD350s, Yamaha FZ750 plus others that I can't be bothered to remember.

I currently have a Suzuki TL1000R (highly underated bike) and (of course) a 1981 RD350 with a YPVS engine.

All this at the yooful age of 32.

I wouldn't be without my bikes.
IP Logged

If I said you had a beautiful body.....
craig

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 7:05pm »

on Nov 18th, 2005, 5:05pm, Paulus wrote:

I currently have a Suzuki TL1000R (highly underated bike) and (of course) a 1981 RD350 with a YPVS engine.

i had a 350 ypvs,mate of mine had the 500 version.. Shocked Shocked........now that was quick !!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.