Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 2:27pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Fatal »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Fatal
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fatal  (Read 969 times)
leftofcentre

Email

Fatal
« on: Jan 7th, 2006, 8:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yet once again, due to driver irresponsibility, they paid with there lives today on the A9 at Kingussie between Perth + Inverness.  I wonder if they had any idea this time last year that in 12months time they would be dead?

Most likely overtaking in excess of 60mph speed limit at junction on the single carriageway, other car joins A9 from junction. Head on. *goodnight Irene*

See it every day.

Folk cant cope with being behind a vehicle doing 50mph, so they decide to put themselves, wife/hubby, kids and other car occupants at risk of death for the sake of extra 10mph.

An extra 10miles distance covered per hours driving.  Is it worth dieing for?

Answers below please  Huh
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

Re: Fatal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 11:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hmm yeah it amazes me sometimes when I am waiting for a sensible part to overtake in a 350 bhp 4wd car & they come past me in a Ford KA playing with their lives  Shocked , 10 - 20 secs later they are a spec in my rear view mirror anyway Huh but that's not the point. Mad Lips Sealed
IP Logged

Dave
stafford

Ultima lover!!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 1:04am »

i know what you mean ..it absolutely beggars belief..if you do a time and motion study on them you ll inevitably find it rarely gets them any where quicker, puts everyone else at danger and increases their risk of CHD by a big%.  25 million cars on one small island most of them in the south is insanity. Ive been crashed into 4 times by other ppls incompetence and it really pisses me of. Mind you I would like to personally thank the last women who went into the back of my 24v rover sterling. She was putting make up on while driving at 35mph!!!! shes just got me £8000 and Im off to canada. so emma L***** thanks very much and goodbye to your NCB Agree Agree
IP Logged

wayne

2l 16v Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 1:09pm »

The cruel irony is that the car that pulls out so indignantly to pass you because you've already got 6 penalty points from letting the car drive you and not vica  verca and you can't afford extra insurance cost,, is always forced to stop for a junction, lights etc,. As you glide to a halt behind it, all that risk and leeriness has effectively gained 16ft. Hardly worth the risk....
IP Logged

stafford

Ultima lover!!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 1:15pm »

correct wayne some boffins from newcastle university done quite a big study into this and basically confirmed what you ve already written. sadly its usually those *MW owners that seem to think that along with the key v5 and warranty , they get their own highway code to compliment their Bavarian metalwork!!! Cry Cry
IP Logged

Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 6:01pm »

on Jan 8th, 2006, 1:15pm, stafford wrote:
correct wayne some boffins from newcastle university done quite a big study into this and basically confirmed what you ve already written. sadly its usually those *MW owners that seem to think that along with the key v5 and warranty , they get their own highway code to compliment their Bavarian metalwork!!! Cry Cry

You could say that again !!!!!
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 5:42pm »

The A9 has the    ( unfair )    reputation  of a "Killer Road" , truth is,  it's no more dangerous   than any other road,  it's of modern and well aligned construction,  with many miles of straight  road ,   long  dual carraigeway  sections and  the many  junctions  are  well  lit   and signposted with  excellent sighting distance, with  ample  sliproads    for  exit and entrance.  

Excess speed, impatience,  and above all,  sheer  incompetence  can account for  most of the  death  and   injury.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 6:07pm »

The car leaving the junction is at fault for not checking both ways, admittedly overtaking at a junction isnt the safest manouvere but not illegal
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

leftofcentre

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 6:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

it is when there are solid white lines as there are at the "said" junction
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 1:12pm »

Yep, both at fault then, doesnt help them now though i suppose  Undecided
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 18th, 2006, 1:47pm »

YOU ONLY NEED TO GET UP 5 MINUTES EARLIER AND YOU CAN GO 10 MPH SLOWER  
ON MOST JOURNEYS
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18th, 2006, 7:25pm »

A    guy  doing  about   65 mph     ( on a single carriageway, breaking the law already ! )  overtook   me    to-day  50 yds   from   a  30mph  zone,    he   had   to  brake  from  65mph   to   30mph   in   about  10  yds.    

I'll  be  d**ned  if   let  scumbags  like   him  think  that  my  modest    ( and fue l    efficient )    speed   is  in   any  way     " holding  him back ".  

I don't  give  a   toss.
IP Logged
Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 18th, 2006, 11:27pm »

Imagine that most roads here have a limit of 55 mph. And there is the famous DN1 wich has 33 video cameras and the limit was 30 mph !!!!!!!!!!!. Now they have increased it to 43 mph.  Angry Angry Angry
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.