Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:18pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Long trip / fuel consumption »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Long trip / fuel consumption
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Long trip / fuel consumption  (Read 427 times)
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

Long trip / fuel consumption
« on: Jun 24th, 2006, 7:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Just had the car on a good long trip, seems like changing the front bushes had done the trick. No steering wander what so ever  Grin
The front shocks need replacing, though..  

Anyhow, did a check on the fuel consumption on the way back. Averaged 33.6mpg over 441km, with a slightly heavy right foot  (never crossed the speed limit, officer, ahem..  Grin)  
I recon this is good?

And also: Don't ever try to cross through the centre of Oslo at 4 o clock in the afternoon.  Wink Having a top speed of 15km/h (average speed slightly above stand still) for the good part of two hours isn't fun. Especially with a manual.
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: Long trip / fuel consumption
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 1:21am »

33.6  MPG  ?

Pretty good  I'd  say. Roll Eyes

But   do  try  to   get   an    automatic   my dear ,  

they're  sooooooo  much  easier   to    drive !

Toodleloo    Grin  
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 8:08am »

The perfect car would have a manual most of the time, but magically transform into an automatic when it hits rush hour traffic   Grin

The fuel consumption was measured on a distance where the heaviest breaking/accelerating was b/c of speed cams (uh, just being on the safe side, officer  Roll Eyes). Between, it held a good steady pace. I recon I could get it slightly higher by not being as heavy on the throttle, but what's the point in that  Grin
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 2:15pm »

Not bad at all, want to swap for my diseasel?!!!

Darren
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 2:52pm »

Not exactly trouble free this one either. Idle problems (99% certainly a vacuum leak in the EGR system or exhaust), slight problem with pinking (may be b/c of the mentioned leak or fuel pressure regulator), it drinks oil (probably valve seats, so the engine will need a complete overhaul sooner or later), speedo not working (probably a loom problem somewhere, but haven't got a clue where, it seems to kick in from time to time, but usually not), reverse lights not working (probably loom problem as well), front shocks need replacing, rear springs need replacing, door seals need replacing (most of them), mounting frame on the drivers seat have movement (needs replacement), and the tyres need replacements soon. I think that was all.  Grin

Oh, almost forgot. Gearbox/clutch is making noises (seems like it doesn't fully release all the time, did get A LOT better after a gbox oil change though), so I guess the release bearing needs to be replaced at some point, perhaps even the slave cylinder.

Still want to swap?  Grin
IP Logged

Scorpioen84

Saloon 2.0 16v TC 140bhp -95

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 4:19pm »

yourse is worse than mine Kjetil....  Grin
About time starting to fix some of the illegal things.? EU-check soon? (mot)
IP Logged

....._____
._/__|___\___
|_(O)____(O)_)_________
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 4:27pm »

Shocks and springs are going to be replaced in a week or two, and I'm looking for a mounting frame for the seat. MOT isn't due until next year, so I still have some time fixing things  Grin

Tyres and rims will be replaced this autumn, as they're good enough for the summer (and still legal, barely).

Recently changed the thermostat (wow, what a difference!), and changed the front bushes (completely removed the steering wander). so I have gotten around doing SOME things, and I will get around fixing everything eventually  Smiley
IP Logged

mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 9:20am »

Quote:
so I guess the release bearing needs to be replaced at some point, perhaps even the slave cylinder

When I went to order my new clutch last week i asked about a clutch release bearing and they said the bearing and the slave cylinder are 1 (very expensive) part!

33.6  MPG is good, about the same as what my cossie does on the motorway sitting at a steady 65, and my diesel if i'm giving it some welly along the country lanes  Grin

Matt
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 6:06pm »

Did a quick check now.. A cylinder/bearing is about £210 here (not from my FMD), but probably an original motorcraft part. I got my bushes from them, and they were motorcraft (even had the blue oval on the box and imprinted in the rubber). The t-stat i got from them were not however.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.