Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:16pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Car insurance »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Car insurance
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Car insurance  (Read 449 times)
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

Car insurance
« on: Jul 9th, 2006, 1:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

When I rang my insurance company and told them my wife had recently passed her test, can you add her to my policy please I was told in not so many words no chance. I am sure I heard the guy sblack personing.  
However, the guy also told me that I would not get cover from any company for a new driver on my 24v.
After much ringing around I came across Fordinsure (0800 015 0069 if your interested)  
Okay the quote came in at £100 more than my current premium but if she wants to drive a real car then she can pay the extra.
They tell me that the length of time a liscence including provisional has been held is whats important  
So it looks like I will be needing some green bumpers after shes been to tescos in it. Cry
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

Re: Car insurance
« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2006, 1:13pm »

Forgot to mention, they told me that if ever my car whent for repairs after an accident a courtesy car with similar specification to my own car would be provided Grin Grin Grin
YEAH RIGHT!!!
wonder what that would be
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 9th, 2006, 3:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

have you tried norwich union direct ?
the reason i ask is this,when i had my ultima,i added amanda as a named driver to learn to drive in the scorpio,my policy DROPPED by £34.00 because the policy was now actually husband and wife (safer by all accounts  Undecided),anyway she passed her test and is still on my policy as a named driver on our new car,and we are still with norwich union direct as no one else could get close...
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 9th, 2006, 4:29pm »

Yep tried them and they wouldn't quote.
On one of my previous cars I added Janette as a learner driver and the premium did go down.
My current insurance company suggested I get a "normal car" instead of a 2.9 24v.
Bit of an insult if you ask me!
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10th, 2006, 1:02am »

Norwich Union Angry They are useless.
When I buy a new car to use as a Taxi, I always put it on my wifes insurance as a second car until the day it becomes a Hackney Carriage vehicle, then the public liability kicks in & it's on my policy....no problem Cheesy
Direct Line & Churchill didn't seem to have a problem with this. But my wifes current insurer....Norwich Union...did.
I had to speak to a guy in a call centre (sounded like he was in Bombay), & as soon as I mentioned it was a temporary insurance until I was going to use it as a Taxi he said..."no, we don't do taxi". It didn't matter how much I tried to explain that I just wanted social, domestic & pleasure for a month as a second car on my wifes policy, he just kept saying...."we don't do taxi"... I tried to explain "it's not a Taxi"......"we don't do taxi" he kept saying.........I gave up Huh

My wife will not be with Norwich Union come November Wink
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 10th, 2006, 10:41pm »

Nowrich Union screwed me over big time when one of their 'customer's rear-ended my car and caravan.  The caravan was damaged for nearly a year before they repaired it, they left it too late to get me a hire caravan (deliberately I suspect) so I had to make do with my damaged one, then they said they wouldn't compensate me for loss of use as obviously I could use it in it's damaged state!  They sorted the car out reasonably quickly but wouldn't give me an equivalent car unless I could prove I needed it (2.0 with towbar - for obvious reasons).  They wanted me to have a Micra but in the end they gave me a diesel Avensis for a week and made me suffer with a Focus ST170 for the rest of the time.  Took nearly a year to sort out and all I got was the car and caravan repaired with corners cut.

The last time I got hit I didn't bother going through insurance - I rang HelpHire and had a top-spec auto Discovery for 3 months at the other insurer's expense!

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.