Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Jesus reveals cure for cancer (among other things) »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Jesus reveals cure for cancer (among other things)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Jesus reveals cure for cancer (among other things)  (Read 2109 times)
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

Jesus reveals cure for cancer (among other things)
« on: Jul 13th, 2006, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think some people should stick to the beer instead of going for the stronger stuff...  Grin

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/12/ebay_cancer_cure/

Quote:
Jesus revealed four specific things to me:

#1: The precise location of Heaven  
#2. The cure for cancer  
#3. The solution for the achievement of world peace.  
#4. He revealed the future to me.

Sure he did..  Grin
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

Re: Jesus reveals cure for cancer (among other thi
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 9:19pm »

Wow! Fancy that eh?!  Must have been a real kick in the teeth for John (who wrote the Biblical book of 'Revelations'), and all the other apostles who'd followed Jesus to know that instead of preaching and being persecuted they only had to look on ebay...

Darrenj
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2006, 9:32pm »

And all you need to do to live a long healthy life is to stop biting your fingernails  Grin
IP Logged

Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 2:13am »

So smoking isn't going to kill me then....phew, thats a relief Grin
 Ah, but what about picking your nose & having an 'in between meals' snack off the end of your finger.. Does that count as eating your own flesh?
I once read an article (written by someone who is obviously as mad as this guy) that said eating boogers can actually increase your intelligence Huh
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 7:03pm »

If they cited themself as an example then you *know* they're bad for you...

Darren
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 11:28pm »

Grin
IP Logged

Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 1:41am »

So George Bush is going to save the world with his holy crusade against evil ROFL ROFL
George dubya is a fanatical born again christian. So to him, any other religion is evil!!
So Mr Bush obviously believes that if you aren't a christian then you must be evil, ergo you must die Huh
Personally, I believe that the USA, like the British Empire & the Roman Empire before etc, will fall (especially with the likes of China etc becoming so prominent). The trouble is that George dubya has so many nuclear missiles at his disposal that I don't think he will hesitate to launch them if the USA's planetary police powers are threatened.

Maybe just another one for the history books?.......very worrying!! Sad
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 2:36am »

The only thing slightly probable in that ebay auction is that the world will destroy itself in 2021, or rather that the US will destroy the world in 2021 (but then again, to the americans the US is the world). I know this isn't very politically correct to say, but, that country really does deserve a big whack in the face and even though some civiilians died a couple of years back, that suffering was nothing compared to what the US govt. with dubya in the lead has done afterwards, both to that country and to the rest of the world. Luckily, dubya is on his way out the door soon (but not soon enough).
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 11:56pm »

on Jul 16th, 2006, 1:41am, jonnycab wrote:
So George Bush is going to save the world with his holy crusade against evil ROFL ROFL
George dubya is a fanatical born again christian. So to him, any other religion is evil!!
So Mr Bush obviously believes that if you aren't a christian then you must be evil, ergo you must die Huh
Personally, I believe that the USA, like the British Empire & the Roman Empire before etc, will fall (especially with the likes of China etc becoming so prominent). The trouble is that George dubya has so many nuclear missiles at his disposal that I don't think he will hesitate to launch them if the USA's planetary police powers are threatened.

Not sure about dubbya's take on it, but us Christians don't advocate killing people who disagree with our beliefs - we do believe in an ultimate day of reckoning, and all humans will be pronounced guilty of not meeting the standard heaven requires.  The punishment has already been taken by Jesus but of course, if you don't accept that then there's only you left for it to fall upon - that in a nutshell is our message...

You're right though - no empire lasts forever and I don't know how much longer the American one has.  One thing's for certain though, it won't be pretty when it does fall.  Having said that, with the current situation in the middle East I don't think there'll be much of a planet left to fight over come 2021...  Undecided

Darren
IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 8:41am »

Quote:
The only thing slightly probable in that ebay auction is that the world will destroy itself in 2021, or rather that the US will destroy the world in 2021 (but then again, to the americans the US is the world). I know this isn't very politically correct to say, but, that country really does deserve a big whack in the face and even though some civiilians died a couple of years back, that suffering was nothing compared to what the US govt. with dubya in the lead has done afterwards, both to that country and to the rest of the world. Luckily, dubya is on his way out the door soon (but not soon enough).

Agree with Kjetil S here. It may not be 'politically correct' but its true. If you have ever seen the (very funny) film 'Team America World Police' it sums up perfectly the American all guns blazing approach. Problem is when it does fall, bets are it'll try and drag the rest of the world down with it. Personally, i would trust dubbya with a plastic s p o o n let alone nuclear missiles. Its like giving a young kid a box of matches...

Matt

p.s. it won't let me have s p o o n as one word  Undecided
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 10:11am »

All of a sudden, being marooned on an undiscovered desert island in the middle of nowhere doesn't seem like such a bad idea Grin
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 3:51pm »

Grin

As long as it has internet and petrol for my scorp  Wink
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 5:48pm »

Hmmm, dunno... Would trust Dubbya with nukes more than the Iranian president - that thought scares me far more than America having them...  Shocked

Darren
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 2:24am »

on Jul 14th, 2006, 7:03pm, sector-9 wrote:
If they cited themself as an example then you *know* they're bad for you...

Darren

What... boogers or finger nails? Grin

P.S.  Darren...although I respect your Christian beliefs, I don't necessarily agree with them. The reason being..............I'll start a new post Wink
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 11:44am »

lol!  You don't have to agree with our beliefs or any others - and it's not our job to make you believe!

Darren
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jul 30th, 2006, 11:55am »

on Jul 30th, 2006, 11:44am, sector-9 wrote:
it's not our job to make you believe!

Sorry to say this, but the bible DOES say that Christians should go out and make everyone believe in Christianity, and too many followers do try to do just this.

Matthew 28:19-20  
"Therefore, go and make diciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Sonon, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely with you always to the very end of the age."

This is probably THE thing I like the least about this religion.
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Aug 5th, 2006, 12:21am »

Go and make disciples, yes, but that's different to making people believe.  It's impossible to force somebody to change their beliefs and I would hope nobody is daft enough to try (the requirement to call yourself Christian is to confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord).  Still don't believe me?  Read one of the gospels and how various people respond to Jesus call to "follow me".  Some did and became His 'disciples', others didn't for various reasons.  The underlying principle is the same, you choose whether you want to follow or not; if you do and want to learn more about Jesus then you are a disciple.

You need to read Ezekiel to understand why it is so important we tell people the good news, but it's their choice how they respond to it and always has been; after all, if God doesn't force people to believe in Him then how can we...

Darren
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Aug 5th, 2006, 12:27am »

If you take it literally (and I'm sorry to say a lot of people do), the bible does tell them to force people into Christianity.

If it had read "Go out and tell everyone the good message", I wouldn't mind. I'm not a Christian, and I feel that people can believe whatever they want to as long as they don't try to force it on me.
IP Logged

Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Aug 5th, 2006, 4:19am »

Quote... [It's impossible to force somebody to change their beliefs and I would hope nobody is daft enough to try]

What about the infernally annoying watch-tower brigade....they just don't take no for an answer,
 & when you say (as nicely as you can, as they normally have a small child in tow), "Sorry...not interested"...they stare at you blankly as though you are mad, & then say...
 "I can see you are busy..."Yes I am actually"..... but have you ever considered...."NO"....the world we live in...."NO"....could be such a...."NO"..... more peaceful place...."NO"....if you were to...."NO"....let God...."NO".....into your life...."NO".
Okay, then can I interest you...."NO"....in a magazine...."NO....about.........
At this point I shut the door, & feel a little guilty in doing so as I think I may have been a little rude.
Then I remember the sign on my door that says 'No Cold Callers', & realise that they are the ones who are indeed rude for not taking any notice of the sign & invading my privacy, & trying to force their beliefs on me when I'm at my weakest (just woke up with a hangover).

Had one woman once who said...."yes I did see the sign, but I didn't think it applied to me"..... Huh......"It applies to everyone love, apart from the postman!" Grin
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Aug 6th, 2006, 7:23pm »

You'll be pleased to know Jehovah's witness are nowt to do with us - they don't accept Jesus as being God's 'son' which rules them out as being Christians.

Darren
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.