Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« 2300miles later... i'm home!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   2300miles later... i'm home!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2300miles later... i'm home!!  (Read 558 times)
mazzy_j

View Profile

2300miles later... i'm home!!
« on: Aug 15th, 2006, 11:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone, just got back from my continental 'roadtrip' in the Scorp, and boy is it good to be back in the good ole England  Grin Visited a grand total of 9 countries which included (England of course), france, belgium, luxembourg, switzerland, lichtenstein (just to say we had been there), austria (innsbruck), italy (lake gada and verona), and germany - all in 2 weeks!

I'm just pleased the car made it round all there considering the clutch release bearing was making re-assuring grinding screeching noises when pulling away (started doing it the day before we left)  Undecided it also made it past the 222,222mile mark.

Unfortunately, whilst me and the g/f were in austria, my parents, little bro and sis were driving back from where we had been staying in the Jura mountains (lac de chalain) back to luxembourg on a b sized road, only to be confronted by a large artic HGV jacknifing around a bend Shocked My mum who was driving managed to avoid the worst of it by going into a ditch but were still side swiped by the trailer big time. They tried to phone the police but they couldn't understand what services they wanted, so everything in the emergancy service book was sent to the scene and the road was closed off.  

Other than the above incident our trip was very much enjoyable. Just got a few pointers to make...

BM 3 series drivers are still w***ers wherever you are in the world

French toll roads are a pleasure to drive along and don't cost too much.

Diesel in Luxembourg is about 90 E cents (about 60p)

How the italians are still alive judging by the way drive is anyones guess. They also seem to prefer sitting on the centre line on duel carriageways trying to decide which lane to go in for about 5 miles.

The german autobahns are fun Wink

Instead of re-surfacing them they simply build the new road next to the old one = no queues Smiley

Not everyone does 400mph along them, i went with the flow and 90mph cruising and 110 down hills most people seemed to do.

The Scorpio is an amazingly comfortable cross country cruiser, drove from geneva to innsbruck in one day, no problem at all.

Channel tunnel signposting from the big hypermarket next door is very poor indeed. Actually, the signposting in pretty much all of the countries visited was on the poor side.

There aren't many Scorps on the continent, counted about 6 in all. All were low spec models with hub caps.

With the girlfriends luggage removed from the car it now goes like a ferrari  Tongue Wink Grin

Thats most of what i can think of for now. Hope everyone else is having a good summer hol if you're off anywhere, drive safely  Smiley

Matt
IP Logged
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

Re: 2300miles later... i'm home!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15th, 2006, 11:28am »

Welcome back, looks like a close call and a bit of neat driving to get out of the way of the worst of that, must have been quite shaken up, hope it sorts itself out OK
IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: 2300miles later... i'm home!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16th, 2006, 8:08am »

Pity you never drove past a Ford dealers in Paris, you would have seen my car in there and added another to your list!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.