Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:32am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ebay non payer »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Ebay non payer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ebay non payer  (Read 638 times)
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Ebay non payer
« on: Sep 1st, 2006, 9:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, i'll try and keep this short! Sold my Mondeo V6 on ebay for £620. The buyer contacted me to meet, i turned up but they didn't. Now the buyer isn't replying to any emails. Due to the rating of the buyer i emailed them prior to the listing finishing to advise them that winning the bid would be legally binding and i would expect them to go through with the purchase. I will give it till Monday and if nothing happens will inform ebay. What i need to know(Any solicitors reading?) is have i got a case to go to the small claims court?Do they deal with ebay claims and is it really legally binding when winning an auction?  Can i get ebay to release the persons details so i can take them to court?
Any advice greatly appreciated
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

Re: Ebay non payer
« Reply #1 on: Sep 1st, 2006, 9:59am »

The last non paying bidder I had was reported to ebay. I opened a dispute against them and ebay provided a telephone number and if I remeber correctly a home address.
Eventualy I was refunded the listing costs by ebay but I didn't take the matter any further due to the amount of money concerned.
As far as small claims is concerned don't quote me but I think I am right in saying you would have to pay the initial costs of getting it to court pending the outcome of the case.
Was there another bidder on the car, if so depending how much they bid it may be worth sending a second chance offer to them.  
In any case I would still open the dispute against the non paying bidder with ebay.
hope this is helpfull
best of luck
Al
IP Logged
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 1st, 2006, 10:03am »

Hi, most people just re-list the item and go from there. The whole legally binding thing isn't really worth the screen space its written on. My mate at work has had a piperX airfilter for a fiesta zetec-s on ebay several times, chavs bid for it and then make excuses. You should be able to get your listing fee back, though it can take a while to do so though. Happened to me once, the buyer then un-registered thereself once they had won and ebay gave me back my fee  Smiley

Good luck!

Matt
IP Logged
howiedintheplace

Based near Evesham

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 1st, 2006, 1:42pm »

As far as ebay is concerned it's not their problem, they are only a venue.
The law has yet to catch up with ebay type auctions.

You would be very lucky indeed to win anything against the non payer as the law is so wishy, washy in this area.

Just report them & get your listing/sale fee back.
IP Logged

Dave
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 1st, 2006, 2:06pm »

I thought that non-payers on E-Bay could  have  the  required  amount  of cash  taken  by E-Bay  ( without needing the  permission of the account holder )  from  the non- payers  Pay-Pal Account  ( and therefore their Bank account or debit or credit card ).

Or I might have this completely wrong  Undecided

IP Logged
nuttyscorp

1998 (R)  2.3 ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 1st, 2006, 4:03pm »

ebay do have the power to take any funds there are in their paypal account, but only on faulty goods paid for.
not for unpaid items.
ebay cannot take money from your bank account or c/card with out your permission.

as previously said, report non paying bidder and relist it.

Russ
IP Logged

project car :- "84" mk2 granada 2.8i ghia X TURBO (rs 500 box)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 3rd, 2006, 12:14am »

Relist and try again is the general consensus. Trying to legally enforce the auction is a waste of time and money in my opinion. Good god they can't even get murderers into court these days let alone someone who never turned up to by a car!!

Baz
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.