Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« BL**DY ISLANDS »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   BL**DY ISLANDS
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BL**DY ISLANDS  (Read 738 times)
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

BL**DY ISLANDS
« on: Sep 5th, 2006, 6:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on my way to work this morning and got cut up by a woman in a 307 Angry, which forced me to break hard, then next thing i know, the bloke who's been right on my arce on approach to the island has rear ended me Angry

granted it's not major, only cosmetic infact (luckily), but there are some stupid w*nkers on the roads ...

looks like i'll be doing more work then just fitting reversing sensors into it!

IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: BL**DY ISLANDS
« Reply #1 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 7:00pm »

Don't you just hate the ones who are in the inside lane of a dual carriageway until they come to a roundabout when they think it is just dandy to carve across to the inside lanes of the roundabout and then drift back to the inside lanes again glaring at all who shout and curse at them and totally bloody oblivious to the fact they just made 5 cars brake and swerve out of the way!!?
IP Logged
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 7:06pm »

it's even worse with this one, she was waiting untill i was half way past the road she was on (3 lane road) when she decided to pull out, it's not like a scorpio it hard to see...
IP Logged

Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 5th, 2006, 8:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Another blind toss-pot!

What's the matter with these firking people. Can't they drive? Really annoying when somebody does this to your pride and joy.

Fortunately not too much damage, but I'd have stung him for at least £100.00

(to pay for the repair/respray of the damage of course)!!  Cool  Cool  Cool.

Well, and maybe for your reversing sensors!!

Well he wouldn't have wanted you to report it and up his insurance premium....now WOULD he!!  Wink Wink
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 6th, 2006, 9:18pm »

Add the peeps who enter the roundabout in the left lane then with no signal go all the way round to the last exit Angry. The number of times I've nearly been shunted up the @rse, good job some of us use our mirrors/signals...

Another thing which really narked me, parked in a carpark the other week (what else to be done in a car park lol Grin). Had a friend sitting in the car, when I came back she tells me some woman in the next space just thumped it, didn't stop when she hit me, kept going and carved a dimple along the length of the drivers side of the rear bumper, even scuffed the bloody tyre. Apparently had a surprise when someone got out of my car to take her details, very sorry she hit my car, apparently. It was 8am and nearly every space was empty and she had to squeeze in right beside my poor Scorpio...

I let it go, I can do paint and I don't want an insurance claim at my age (yes, I'm 22 and trying to build my ncb) if I can help it, even though someone else's fault. Still got to remove the designer dimple though.

Regards, TiberiuS.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 7th, 2006, 6:09pm »

yeh i hate the car park bump and runners. theres evidence of that on mine also, but before i owned it. TiberiuS, im 20 so i know what it's like to insure these cars, (cheaper then most hot hatches the same age though)

matt
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 7th, 2006, 9:02pm »

Yes Matt, the insurance is a b****r, when I bought my car the first year cost me £1500 (paid monthly Wink). Its a pain but the only way through is to grin and bear it, I wanted a 'decent' car and now with a couple of years driving and no claims it's halving each year (now in the high hundreds).

There had to be some lucky devil on here younger than me with a Cosworth Cheesy.  

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 7th, 2006, 11:51pm »

on Sep 7th, 2006, 6:09pm, Matt wrote:
yeh i hate the car park bump and runners

use 2 spaces and park in the middle of them! also write to the car park owner and complain about the allocated sizes and give them a repair bill with a threat of small claims court if they fail to compensate you. after all, it is their greed why we have tiny parking bays...
IP Logged
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 8th, 2006, 4:41pm »

Quote:
There had to be some lucky devil on here younger than me with a Cosworth Cheesy

funny that the scorpio is very cheap to insure compaired to the serria saphie cossie i wanted at first (it was bloody mint too), but a £5k a year tpft insurance quote put me off a little...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.