Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:30am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« typical.......... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   typical..........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: typical..........  (Read 414 times)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

typical..........
« on: Sep 11th, 2006, 12:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

been off work for a few weeks, go back saturday, done a bit on the scorp, pottered about, visited folks etc. this week is decorate bedroom time, well, most of the painting etc done (actually started last week with a view of enjoying this weeks weather). decided to lay a laminate floor, looked on ebay the other day, found a lot of brand new laminate with underlay approx 22 sqm, no one bidding, so i wacked in a bid of 25 quid for some reason (think it was the 2 bottles of merlot that influenced me). auctions just ended, i'd already decided i cant be bothered with it and i'll do it another time, what happens? i just won it for 21 quid. why is it that something you really want you get outbid on yet something you decide you're not that interested in anymore you win....easily? maybe i shouldnt go on ebay after drinking wine......
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: typical..........
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11th, 2006, 2:57pm »

oh well my trip across london is all arranged this evening, spose i cant complain really, not at that price.....its its just i cant be bothered to be stuck inside laying a floor when the weather's so nice out......
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11th, 2006, 6:22pm »

I'll second that. I try and keep away from eBay nowadays, it's like a kiddies playground, funds and room suffer badly if I have an 'eBay binge'.

I pick up broken Hi-Fi gear now and then, repair it as a hobby, not a business, just a hobby; mainly older stuff, Pioneer or Technics mainly. About a year ago I saw a Pioneer CD player on there, broken laser, in bits, spares or repair etc; quite expensive bit of kit back in the day though. Dithered for a couple of days and then broke one of my own eBay rules; bidding before the end. Bid £150 thinking I'd be clear, went back later, been outbid. A few sharp words filling the air, I won't be outdone I thinks. Went back the night the auction ended, a couple a few of glasses of Guinness later I was the high bidder. Placed a few more bids to 'ensure' it was mine (losing my bearings with the decimal money system by this point), some b****r autobid over me in the last second...

The poor chap who won must have had even more than I to drink, £385 + postage for a broken CD player with no box...

Similar thing happened with my Celestion's, saw them, lusted after them, they have my name on them etc. Almost the same thing, Dutch courage, bid of £1200 (God help me), mine for £900. Never even thought how I'd get 200lb of speaker home from Yorkshire to Essex, nearly got a negative feedback over that one...

Excuse my rant. Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2006, 12:51am »

actually glad i went now, 22sqm of brand new laminate for 20 quid, and he threw in the underlay......

old hi fi eh, some of the old pioneer and akai stuff is superb.
the other year i picked up an old ferguson turntable with the adjustable pitch control (think thats what its called, has the light so you can fine tune the speed), came with a new stylus, 25 quid. not so keen on ferguson but at that price....
one of my first jobs when i left school was in dixons, one day the boss was throwing out old bits n pieces as they werent on stock and we'd never sell em, i salvaged 2 stanton 500 cartridges and 3 styli for em, which i knew where they were now.....
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.