Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:29am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« One mans rubbish is another mans treasure »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   One mans rubbish is another mans treasure
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: One mans rubbish is another mans treasure  (Read 467 times)
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

One mans rubbish is another mans treasure
« on: Sep 24th, 2006, 4:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, it all started when i took my sisters metro to the scrappy (broken engine), the bloke who runs it gave me a good price as it had a load of new bits on it (£150 for a k reg metro  Shocked  Grin)

For some reason I enjoy nosing around scrap yards, and to day was no acceptation any ways, I noticed he had a 'new' Scorpio in the yard, so I wandered off over to it and had a poke round, it had raven leather seats (well what was left of them) and a ultima badge on it, so I found a bar and manage to jimmie the rather tatty and battered bonet open, and to my surprise there is a big fat 12v looking back at me. So I asked the bloke what’s wrong with it, engine and box are fine, in fact the car was find until it was inhere, owner just didn’t want it any more Shocked,  he said, so I said how much (at this point I should tell you that I know the guy who runs the scrap yard) £150 for engine and box, take what ya need off and i'll cut the engine out for you. An hour later there is a 12v and box, header tank, full air intake, and a few other bits sitting in my trailer.

It’s still early in the day and I’ve got nought to do so I carry on browsing round the scrappy, I find a mondeo estate, and guess what’s in that, a 2.5 duratec v6, clock says 80,000 miles so again Im asking the bloke whats wrong with it. He says walk round the back, ah, I say as then I see the tail gate is now right behind the back doors, so I asked him if the engine was ok and he said it runs fine, just a bit tappety on start up so I phone my dad up (he been after one of them for his cougar) any ways, before I know Im ripping that v6 out too Tongue  

So 2 v6's and £300 later (im collecting the duratec Monday) i now own 3 v6 lumps with all the bits still on  (I bough a cossie lump earlier this year hehe)

Funny thing was I had planned to scrap the metro and have a look for a 306 saloon rear bumper for my sisters new car... shame I didn’t get the hatric
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

Re: One mans rubbish is another mans treasure
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24th, 2006, 4:41pm »

Shocked

I think I'll need to get a big trailer and take a vacation to england  Grin
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 24th, 2006, 5:57pm »

well the 2.5 duratec is taken, the cossie lump im doing a complete referb and then that will go into my cossie then it's engine i'll just do the normal referb, seals, grind valves etc.. the latter will be what this 12v will get to, then both will more then likely end up on ebay unless there needed by members on here
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25th, 2006, 12:51pm »

You lucky devil Matt, to find a 12v is nice but to find a good Duratec on the same day...

Looking for parts for the XJ12 a while back I found one sitting in the scrappy, so complete inside it still had the woolen Jaguar mats, it did for a lot of interior goodies...

A very bad Racing Green respray and an MOT faliure though (ignition/fuel pump prob I was told), such a shame to see these cars in this state, I wanted so badly to cart it home with me...

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Matt

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 25th, 2006, 6:08pm »

update on the duratec

the clowns down at the scrappy managed to destroy it! there was another car sitting on the mondeo and they managed to drop it while lifting it off, sods law mend that it had to fall on the mondeo's bonet, the the rad was smashed, the intake on the duratec sheared off the heads on the one side, plastic trims and header tank flattened.  thank god i didnt hand over any cash for it the other day

the bloke who owns the yard and a friend of my dads went mad at the blokes CheesyCheesy, threatened to fire one of them lol
IP Logged

twinturbo

24V's Me game!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26th, 2006, 9:24pm »

Get it for a tenner then!! will still be worth it...

My last BOA cost me £100 with box, cats, ecu, etc.... got £100 back on the box and cats Smiley

TT
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.