Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:25am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Little nutss ! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Little nutss !
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Little nutss !  (Read 3778 times)
allenjames

New Scorpio Owner

View Profile

Little nutss !
« on: Sep 30th, 2006, 9:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Woke up this morning, 7am, nice bright day...

Righty, I will get into work jetwash the motor and apply the supaguard polish.

Then I find this...

Body Estimate £2500 to £3000.

Every Panel Except the roof damaged.

IP Logged

1995, 2.0 Auto Scorpio Ultima Estate = R.I.P
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

Re: Little nutss !
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 10:20am »

Absolute UTTER Ba star ds

Any clues?  Angry
IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 11:18am »

Been there, suffered that, soul destroying...  

Now have cctv monitoring car...  Hindsight is 20/20 vision of course!

I really feel for you and i'm lost for more words Sad
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 12:17pm »

The disrespect  ( a popular word among the young  these days , I wonder do they know what it means ? )   for other people's hard earned  property  has reached new lows.

Being a non-violent chap I would  quite happily pay for someone   to  snap  the  10    fingers  of  the  wrong doer  slowly,  one by one,  so he  would  never  be  able  to  grip   anything  again  let alone   scratch  a car.

I'm not joking,  if this  cretin was  brought before a court he'd get 10  hrs Community Service  and be sent to bed with  no  tea.

Where's the deterrent  ?  Sad

IP Logged
wayne

2l 16v Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 1:10pm »

on Sep 30th, 2006, 12:17pm, mr._floppy wrote:

I'm not joking,  if this  cretin was  brought before a court he'd get 10  hrs Community Service  and be sent to bed with  no tea   

Are you sure the sentence would be that harsh?  I thought such severity was reserved for women pensioners that cuff the B's that have made her life a misery for the last 6 mths..

It's saddening the number of 'off topic' discussions that centre around the wanton damage done to our cars.  Two days ago someone decided to see how much effort was required to pull my wing mirror off. I managed to put it back together but now it sits loose in it's seating, no doubt something has been strained.  
Oh to have walked around the corner during their toils... No doubt I'd be writing this whilst on remand!
Sad, sad times....
IP Logged

allenjames

New Scorpio Owner

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 1:16pm »

What really gets me is it was the only car in the parking area damaged. Also, I have never annoyed anyone in my life.

I guess its just a random event.
IP Logged

Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 1:24pm »

A group of young lads had fun a while back kicking over old gravestones near us, one of which belonged to my  
Great Grandfather.

On one of these nights out one of the stones fell and caught one of them by the leg, broken hip, leg broken in three places... and now he's suing the council because the stones were not secured enough that they couldn't be kicked over!!

Another one sued because a brick he threw at a bus shelter with new unbreakable glass bounced back and injured him!!

There isn't proper justice any more, its against the law!

If someone decides to stand for election to bring back the death penalty and restore justice then I'd start voting again!!
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 1:33pm »

on Sep 30th, 2006, 1:24pm, Highlander wrote:

Another one sued because a brick he threw at a bus shelter with new unbreakable glass bounced back and injured him!!

Tell you what... I'd have paid good money to watch that happen!  

But seriously, I'm gutted to even look at those pictures. God only knows how you feel  Cry

Its been a bad week for our Scorps and vandalism / theft. I've been one of those but consider myself lucky compared to this.

IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 6:02pm »

OH. MY. GOD.

That is DISGUSTING.

Words fail me. So sorry to see that  Cry  Angry Sad
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
craig

Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 7:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

not much consolation i know but,try getting a quote from 1 of the many smart repairers that are in the yellow pages (chips away etc.etc),they are usually much cheaper than body shops,from my own personal experience they have been very professional and done an excellent job,and they only touch in the damaged area's as opposed to spraying the whole panel.....
might be worth an enquirey   Huh
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 30th, 2006, 8:58pm »

I feel for you m8, you're not the only one Cry

I've heard a few good comms about the paint chip people but it depends how deep the key marks go and metallics are very hard to match, not only in colour/fleck but in lacquer. Had a bad mark in the door, went quite deep so I had to bare it and level it with filler primer before I realised how badly matched the Halfords paint was. Off to the FMD for more paint and damage bared again I got an almost invisible finish but to have that much needless damage is soul destroying.

All this sure gets my back up, we're experiencing a BAD moral decline in this country today, no respect for others or their property and no respect for the law whatsoever.

Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 12:08am »

A vigilante society is not that far away I think.
People want there lives back, free from persecution Wink

The police won't do anything, so vigilantes will start to become more prevailent around the country.
Possibly like another peasants revolt?

The human rights act has to be got rid of & replaced with the "slap 'em if they're naughty" act

There is nothing wrong with the cane....I had it at school & it taught me respect Smiley
IP Logged
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 9:20am »

on Sep 30th, 2006, 8:58pm, TiberiuS wrote:
All this sure gets my back up, we're experiencing a BAD moral decline in this country today, no respect for others or their property

And not just in crime related matters either.  I had the "pleasure" of 2 scaffolders just waltzing onto my property unannounced to remove their scaffolding.  When I made the point that they ought to have knocked and let me know they were here I was met with a stream of verbal abuse and ridicule.  

Whatever happened to manners?
IP Logged
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 9:34am »

on Oct 1st, 2006, 9:20am, hepburn wrote:

Whatever happened to manners?

The same thing that happened to decency and honesty and hard work, they all bug*&!ed off when Labour and Tony B"Liar" came in to office. Afterall why work for a living when you can get an eastern european to do it for you and you can just sit back and get handouts from the government.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 4:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The sort of scum that do this want birching in public until rivers of blood run from their stinking bodies.

I would beat the living crap out of anyone who did this to any of my family's cars..........and SOD the consequences.

The British people have had enough of this, but as usual, the government take no notice, and I'll bet your local plod won't spare too much time on it!!  

It's getting VERY close to public retaliation to crime in my opinion. If the police won't do it, and the government couldn't care less, then we WILL deal with it in our own way.

Count on it Mr Blair.

I don't know if any of you guys and gals have ever watched a film called "The Star Chamber".

Basically it's about a group of High Court judges who get sick of seeing scroats going almost free............and set up their own way of dealing with it. Quite an old film, but well worth watching!!

THEY HAVE COMMITED EVERY CRIME IN THE BOOK. Yet the law cannot touch them. They are free to walk the streets. UNTIL TONIGHT'S MEETING OF..THE STAR CHAMBER]

Hope you get your car fixed buddy. It's just jealousy....that's all. That and mindless yobbery.  Lips Sealed
IP Logged
allenjames

New Scorpio Owner

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 8:19am »

Well, today is the day Direct Line are calling me to arrange a visit to "their" bodyshop.

Anyone reckon its a write off ?

If so, I will touch the scratches in myself - ok it will look stupid, but its the best car ive owned.
IP Logged

Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 9:46am »

I do sadly.  If it is written off I would buy it back and get the best t cut/polish/wax/touch up out there then use the dosh for other stuff.

Might be worth trying these Chips Away people if it comes to it, did a good job on a neighbours brand new metallic Audi a while back.

Good luck  Smiley
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 4:02pm »

Unbloodybelievable, I'd quite quite happily beat the living hell out of any little thingy that did that to my car. I agree with tryibg chips away or the like.

Its such a sad enditement of our society that the only punished crime is middle class crime like speeding, why because it makes them money.

As noted earlier by Johnny I can't see it being long until the main law abiding majority just start taking things into their own hands. I still get so narked by the martin case when he was jailed for having a go at the theiving pikeys who had broken into his property, if they weren't there in the first place they wouldn't be shot would they.  

I'd better go a take a breather I think.  

Paul
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 5:59pm »

It's a writeoff, I'd bet my life on it unfortunately Embarassed

Don't fear too much, there are ways around it, either one of the paint chip people or even if you have a go yourself; it's a dark colour so more forgiving than gold or silver. With that amount of damage you'd be better to level the scratches and then spray over, a lot of graft but it can give a good finish. Chip repair kits will show up badly on that much damage.

Good luck mate, I feel for you Cry

Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
allenjames

New Scorpio Owner

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 6:59pm »

If its written off, I WILL sort it myself.

Im not letting this baby go !
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.