Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:14am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The Future for Scopio Drivers! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The Future for Scopio Drivers!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Future for Scopio Drivers!  (Read 1499 times)
johndyork

There's a hole in my pocket!

View Profile Email

The Future for Scopio Drivers!
« on: Oct 31st, 2006, 10:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Check out these 'masters of transport'
http://www.visitdaniela.com/pages/fun/masters_of_transport.htm
(click next at bottom of screen to view pics)

Regards, johndyork
IP Logged

N Reg 2.9 12v Silver Saloon
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: The Future for Scopio Drivers!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 5:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Those are brilliant. My wife and I went to Hong Kong, Thailand, Bahrain and Bangkok a few years ago, and you see these guys with all sorts of stuff on mopeds on a daily basis. They just pick it up and get on with it.

No wonder THEY now make everything that we USED to make!! Can you see this happening in the UK. There would be so many petty laws and taxes to prevent it!!

Brilliant clip!!   Cheesy  Cheesy
IP Logged
km449

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 7:30am »

I love the people carrier!!
IP Logged
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 7:43am »

In the third from last (the one of the weed delivery man Cheesy) check out the name of the shop in the background - hope it's a silent P !  Grin
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 8:17am »

on Nov 1st, 2006, 7:43am, Daven wrote:
In the third from last (the one of the weed delivery man Cheesy)

thats a daily site in glastonbury    ROFL ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
Daven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 8:31am »

I was going to ask if it was your milkman!  Grin
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 8:37am »

Shocked..... Wink
cheers dave... ROFL ROFL ROFL

you want to see the size of the moped that does the deliveries of the "chocolate brownies" that follows on behind.... Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
Daven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 8:44am »

Well I know you like your tea mate - they are tea leaves he is carrying arn't they Undecided   ROFL ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 9:37am »

Best one must have been the guy transporting a car wreck on his bike  Shocked
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
johndyork

There's a hole in my pocket!

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 8:51pm »

A few more masters of transport - some unbelievable!  
Tightrope http://i12.tinypic.com/33uqpzs.jpg
Fridge http://i12.tinypic.com/2a5nl8o.jpg
Pigs http://i12.tinypic.com/3482ijm.jpg
BikeWire http://i12.tinypic.com/334t3kj.jpg
Cotton http://i11.tinypic.com/2v33g3a.jpg
Scooter http://i11.tinypic.com/4c8g5sk.jpg

regards, johndyork

IP Logged

N Reg 2.9 12v Silver Saloon
Bren

I claim the 5th amendment officer

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 7:15pm »

on Nov 1st, 2006, 8:17am, craig wrote:

thats a daily site in glastonbury    ROFL ROFL ROFL

Why do I sense that not a lot of people got the point of your comment Craig
IP Logged

Vote WHITTINGTON for London Mayor
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:38pm »

I'm kicking myself !!!!!.....If only I'd had my camera at the ready Roll Eyes..........

A few days ago, while on our hols in Spain.....walking down the pavement, we noticed a battered old Opel Corsa coming up the road with what looked like a large branch stuck under it.

As it went passed, we saw it was infact a 15 foot palm tree tied to the back bumper (roots & all), & the guy was dragging it along the road Shocked.....didn't want to pay B&Q delivery charge no doubt Roll Eyes

Oh... I wish I'd got a piccie of it Smiley
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 8:49am »

on Nov 2nd, 2006, 7:15pm, Bren wrote:

Why do I sense that not a lot of people got the point of your comment Craig

probably because it is still a "taboo" subject    Undecided

i did actually get an annonomous email claiming that i was wrong in "promoting the use of cannabis",i certainly do not,each to there own,on the negative side you ask any heroin/crack addict how they started,cannabis would be the answer,so lets ban it everyone shouts...
probably all alcoholics started off on shandy as a kid,hey lets ban that......
all i am prepared to say (without getting too political,or using this thread as a spring board for something else is this)....
cannabis is the ONLY natural drug availiable,EVERY other drug is manmade,cannabis WAS AVAILIABLE ON PRESCRIPTION until 1973,cannabis is the only drug that i have found to ease my condition,no it is not addictive,yes youngsters should not use it,nor be introduced to it,and no i dont "cane it" all the time,i have met several members on this forum personally,and i have never hid the fact that yes i use for "medicinal purposes",but have never,nor will never promote the use of it,most importantly it is still illegal....
hopefully in the next few months when the government get its finger out of it a**e,they spray that is already availiable in 80% of the world,will be availiable here on prescription,then and only then will people who actually get relief for there symptoms from this drug,be free to use it as thet require without the "cloak and dagger" theory everytime who need to acquire some......

this will probably get deleted i dont know,because of me shouting my mouth off again on a totally unrelated car subject,but i challange anyone who is in exactly the same position as me,to think otherwise,so Mr concerned of oxford,hope this explains everything to you.....
statement over,soapbox away....
IP Logged
Daven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 9:51am »

Agreed mate - I have never used it but would if I was in the same situation! Agreed on all other points as well!

Soon we won't be able to move outside our own front door with out a full safety kit in fear of litigation. I have just heard of a company who has issued safety glasses to all employees because one guy, walking pass an open window, got a bit of grit in his eye!!

No subject should be taboo, providing it can be discussed in an adult manner and does not get offensive!

Dave  Wink
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:05pm »

Craig

I have to agree mate, as a sufferer of arthrit_i_s  I can sympathise with your need. I haven't actually tried this method to reduce the pain but as we slip into winter again and night upon night of not sleeping properly I may just see if it will help me. The prescibed tablets provide some relief to a point (boy is it bad if I forget to take them) but can't stop all of the pain. I find I ache less when I've had a few drinks so normally make use of that method most nights.

I think if it helps you for medicinal purposes you should have every right to take as much as you require to get some sort of less painful normality (that I used to take for granted). At the end of the day it should be back on prescription and not over the counter allowing only those who do need it to get it legally.

Daven as for the safety glasses, that could almost be a joke punchline.

Regards
Paul

Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order! Edited due to the T_I_S not being allowed in that order!
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
julie_quaife

'97 2.3 16v ultima estate blue azura

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Nov 4th, 2006, 9:40pm »

i do not believe in telling people what they can and cannot take for what ever reason. personally i am against illegal drug use and have done my d**ndest to ensure that my kids are anti-drugs. give them all of the facts including what happens to your  body when you do take them and fingers crossed they won't try them. i have always put my kids into sport and have always welcomed thier friends into our home. many of their mates take drugs and there is massive peer pressure on youngsters today. good on you craig for not condonning its general use. i have severe arthritis and am on various tablets or should i say have been prescribed various tablets! i need two hip replacements and two knee replacements but am on hold due to my age! nothing can be done with my spine or others bits. i sometimes make a poultice from comfrey leaves this helps by soothing the joints and i highly recommend it. i am in a battle with the DLA to get mobility allowance, i get middle rate for care and i argue that not only is my walking highly impeded by my condition but i am actually inmore pain when i am out as i will not take the high dosage of codeine when driving as i beleive i am putting my children and other people at risk to drive under the influence of this medication as well as this being illegal (codeine is a member of the heroine family) i shall battle on. one problem here in cornwall is the number of people on drugs driving. i am pleased that the police are now testing for this as well as drink driving. sorry johndyork for hi-jacking your  thread.
IP Logged
julie_quaife

'97 2.3 16v ultima estate blue azura

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Nov 6th, 2006, 8:45pm »

god what an old trout i sounded above! my apologies!!
IP Logged
Tompion
Administrator

1997 2.3 Ultima estate.

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Nov 7th, 2006, 12:09am »

IP Logged

ABS multiplug wheel sensor pins MK IV or MK 20
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.