Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:29am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« After the Scorpio »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   After the Scorpio
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: After the Scorpio  (Read 3810 times)
Butterfingers

2.3, 16V auto R Reg Ultima

View Profile

After the Scorpio
« on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What is everyone planning on getting after they are done with the Scorpio's? Mercs BMW's Volvos perhaps?

One car I wouldn't have minded was the Toyota Camry. Again like the Scorpio it never seemed to sell here. It remains of course one of Americas biggest sellers.
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

Re: After the Scorpio
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:32pm »

For me it's probably a 5-series beemer, but I would go for a mondy ghia-x if they were available in 4wd. As far as I see it, Ford and BMW are two of the few car makers that still make drivers' cars. (And fwd is out of the question for me)
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 5:14pm »

ooo, would probably be a Jaguar X or S type diesel with cream leather and all the trimmings (in a good few years time once i've saved up and the scorpio won't move under its own steam anymore  Wink)

Don't think i'd ever buy a beemer, nice as the 5 series may be, BM's seem to be common as the common stuff nowadays. i'm used to the scorps rareitivity  Smiley

Matt
IP Logged
monghad

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 5:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thinking of getting a Toyota Hi-lux surf ssx if the old Scorp bites the dust. Smiley
IP Logged
RichardMS

More mods coming soon !

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 6:44pm »

Chrysler 300C for me.
IP Logged

craig

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 7:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 12th, 2006, 6:44pm, RichardMS wrote:
Chrysler 300C for me.

Chrysler,now there's a car    Wink
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 7:29pm »

I'm holding out for another Jaguar XJ, mabye another V12 SIII or a 4.0 X300/X308. Wouldn't be a daily runner so fuel wouldn't be a problem. I'd happily lose all the gimmicks on the Scorp if it meant better mechanics and more usable power, what I want now is a quality car with better engine/transmission than the Scorpio.  

Other than the Cats, seen a couple of mid 90's Lexus V8's. Know next to nothing about Lexus so wary about why they sell so cheap. Mondeo is fine as an everyday runner but not as a Scorpio replacement, even the Mk3 is trying to ape the Beemer 3 Series, top end Mondeo sells for a premium price now and most of the chassis and mechanics are shared with the Jag X-Type anyway. The price of early model S Types is looking good now but they don't have what the XJ does.  

Just want a quality car I can keep for a few years, like mazzy says, nice and rare just like the Scorp Wink

Regards, Bruce Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
RichardMS

More mods coming soon !

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 9:01pm »

on Nov 12th, 2006, 7:09pm, craig wrote:

Chrysler,now there's a car    Wink

ROFL
IP Logged

Octavian_P

octavian1406@yahoo.com  
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 9:22pm »

First i'll put the scopio under a glass cup, then fire up a Dodge Charger HEMI, or a Mustang, or a Playmouth HEMI 'Cuda. I think a Maybach will suffice after the scorpio  Roll Eyes....but i'm still dreaming of a new scorpio MK 3,4 or whatever  Smiley
IP Logged

2.0 16V Ultima|2.3 16V Ghia|2.9 24V Cosworth Ghia
julie_quaife

'97 2.3 16v ultima estate blue azura

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 10:19pm »

proberbly a lexus or a jag. my oldest asked what i wanted for christmas- i've requested a vantage from him but it will proberbly be a box of thorntons again-maybe i'll win the eurolottery-i can but dream!!
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 12:52am »

I plan to keep the Scorp...& in the future get it fitted with a robot driver (that looks like a ventriliquists dummy), that knows exactly where it's going & is very polite. Grin

Not sure that it hasn't been thought of before though? Roll Eyes

Failing that...then if Dodge ever remade the Challenger exactly the same as it was before but with loads of gadgets....then I think I would have one.........that's wishing for you Wink
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 12:54am »

I seem to remember someone on Mars did that Johnny!!

One slight problem with that though.... Taxi driver......Polite......Knows where he is going to....... seems like the stuff of science fiction to me mate!!

Replacement for the Scorp? Has to be an S Class..... long wheel base with the full electric rear seats! I had the new one in France for a fortnight this year but seeing as my budget wont stretch to £72,000.00 I might have to settle for a 52 plater! More toys than the Scorpio could ever dream of.... even mine!

Baz
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 12:57am »

Darn it!!!...

P.S....Baz...where did you get that photo of me from? Grin......
.... the guy in the back looks like a fare I had recently......un-focused eyes, slack jawed & slumped posture...........classic piss head Grin
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 1:09am »

Baz...you're talking about a top end Merc there, not your average A or C Class 2 litre Cool  

Still with something English though, a Bentley would be nice when I've made my millions out of vintage hifi Cheesy

When I do say goodbye to the Scorpio, my cousin has asked more than once to be remembered, I think he likes it more than I do at the moment, reckons it's lovely Roll Eyes

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 1:39am »

Bruce,

you are correct but you can get a very well appointed 320 or 430 for less than £10k with lowish mileage as well. The 500 and 600 are even better value cos no one wants the fuel bills!"
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 8:58am »

My choice would be to import an aus/nz Ba Falcon XR6T or XR8. For those that don't know what that is see link below:

NZXR8

Otherwise a Jaguar XJ or S-Type or Lexus.

Paul Cool
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
mazzy_j

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 10:26am »

Paul, you've just reminded me of the australian Ford Performance Vehicle site i found a while ago, if only Ford brought those cars over to the UK, cheap aswell.

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.aspx

Wouldn't mind any one of those please  Grin Christmas is coming if anyones feeling generous  Wink

Just been having a look at somer older s-classes on ebay, and to be honest, the dash and clocks look rather dated (sierra'esque speedo?) compared to the scorp. The only things i can see worth having are the double glazing and rear air vents... The new one is in a different league  Cool

Matt
IP Logged
Matt

Manual'd and a 4.0 in the making

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 10:47am »

dunno about the rest of you, but i think i'd stay with the old school fast fords, quite fancy a late sierra saphie cossie next  Grin, though the upcomming mondeo is rather nice, in ST form it would be a real looker
IP Logged

FDS2000 Scans - Birmingham
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 10:33pm »

Quote:
Dodge Charger HEMI, or a Mustang, or a Playmouth HEMI 'Cuda. I think a Maybach will suffice after the scorpio  

A fine selection of muscle. I like every one of those cars you listed. Ever seen the 'Fast and the furious' movie? I want the black Charger shown at the end. Now that is a nice car and talk about power  Tongue Tongue Tongue
IP Logged
Bren

I claim the 5th amendment officer

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14th, 2006, 12:54am »

It's got to be the Chrysler 300 V8

But a little help off Camelot would always be gratefully accepted
IP Logged

Vote WHITTINGTON for London Mayor
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.