Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:27am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Got A Pull »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Got A Pull
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got A Pull  (Read 736 times)
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

Got A Pull
« on: Nov 25th, 2006, 10:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, it's still early(ish) but we just got in from an evening out. As some of you know, Maddy works for the Police (in Admin) and it was kind of a Police workers drinks type meeting.

Anyway, we were in Canterbury but left early as Maddy wasn't feeling too good. About 10 miles down the road back to Ashford, I see blue lights in the mirror. Its ok though, because I've done nothing wrong. I'm not even speeding  Roll Eyes  So I just indicate a bit and pull half way over into a bus stop so they can pass. Only they don't. They stop along side and kind of in front. Then a 2nd one pulls in behind.
WTF?!!  Shocked

OK, so I got a pull. And I just start thinking, "What the hell did I do?" And copper #1 asks me if the car's mine. "Yes" I say. And he says, "Its just that its showing up as a stolen car"

Huh?  Huh Shocked Angry

An explanation from me that some toerag tried to steal it a month or so ago and a few checks down the line saw things right. Oh, and Maddy's had dealings with one of the officers there (there were 5 of 'em) so we were ok.

I got an explanation from them too. Apparently, when driving through Canterbury, the car triggered the number plate recognition machine, and it flagged up as stolen. They'd been sitting there eating Chinese takeaway apparently, but had to come after me  Wink

So, its annoying that they got their facts wrong with it being stolen, but good that they recognised it and did something about it.

Oh, and they were impressed by the Cosworth lump, and discussing between them whether their Skoda could beat it   Cheesy
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Got A Pull
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2006, 10:39pm »

Grin ROFL
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 3:42am »

Typical....five coppers to pull over one car...... & when your house gets burgled, there's no-one available at the time to come round  Huh

I wonder why ?  Roll Eyes

Didn't have donuts as well when they were wondering whether their Skoda  Embarassed  could take your Cossie   ROFL
IP Logged
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 8:44am »

Well, it might've been annoying to get pulled over but on the other hand it's good that the system actually worked and flagged your car as stolen (Even if the system got it wrong). I'd rather be pulled over 20 times wrongly and know that if my cossie was nicked that there was a chance of catching the bleeders due to this number recognition equipment.
Guy.
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 2:07pm »

i also got a pull tother week, said do you know your driving with your rear fog lights on in perfect visibility, i said excuse me officer but rear fogs are high intensity and they are not, i,ve got four tail lights, then showed him  my rear fogs, he shrugged his shoulders and checked the tax disc and tyres,,,, nice to know PCplod is on the ball isn,t it?
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 6:27pm »

Yes, its annoying that they mis-logged it as actually stolen, not just an attempted, but it is nice to know that if it were the scrote who did the break in driving it, they would've got him.

Nice box-in manoeuvre too  Cool
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 7:23pm »

Well Paul, at least you know they were keeping an eye out mate Smiley.

I've never been pulled but last week I was driving home at 1am when I saw a police car in front at a roundabout. It turned right, the same way as me and pulled into a cut in where some houses are. I drove past and it pulled out and followed me home, all the way up to my driveway, never pulled me thoughHuh

I don't care much if I get pulled, got my license and insurance documents in the car but thought it strange to be followed like that.

Regards, Bruce Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
km449

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 8:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Some pre child years ago we had an MR2. We left a local chinese restaurant at 7.30pm en route from work and I got pulled within 30 seconds! ReasonHuh I'd pulled out "dangerously" and was in a sports car!!!

Got breath tested, clear of course, but I do remember the kind pc saying "29 to go!"

IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 28th, 2006, 9:46pm »

the last time i got a pull was a few years ago on my bike in streatham; i'd seen them a few cars back in the mirrors, so i was riding within speed limit, correct manouvres etc, i watched a scooter 2 up with L plates undertake and make some pretty horrendous manouvres, the cops did nothing? after a mile they pulled me up, the reason.......i was riding a sportsbike WITH due care and attention, so they thought the bike was stolen!
they turned out to be decent and we had a laugh, one pointed to the rev counter and said the needle should be bouncing off the redline.....
IP Logged

Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 11:52am »

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/30/anpr_legality_debate/
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.