Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:33pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Assault »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Assault
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Assault  (Read 2464 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Assault
« on: Dec 15th, 2006, 4:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Turned up to a certain Billericay golf club tonight.....well, 1 o'clock this morning.....to pick up my wife up from her company Christmas bash.

Whilst waiting (in my Scorp taxi), a few people asked me if I was picking up in the name of ....so & so...&  politely told them sorry, but no.

Then a drunk woman comes up & demands to be taken to Basildon.
I told her sorry, but I was already booked.
She says she will pay me more money than the person I am waiting for....that's what all the runners say  Wink

I told her that it was my wife I was waiting for.....for some reason she started getting even more abusive.
My wife then came out with her friend & they got in the car.

At this point the drunk woman started accusing my wife of nicking her taxi  Roll Eyes
I tried to explain to her that this wasn't her taxi, but she got more abusive.....

......enter the thug boyfriend/husband or whatever.....

"Oi mate...you threatening my bird"......

Here we go  Roll Eyes

"No mate, I was just trying to say...er".....at this point he offered me out of the car....& said, lets sort it out now...in the car park  Huh

I refused, & as I went to drive off he punched me in the face through the open window  Shocked.....
....bit of a girls punch, but a punch anyway  Angry

I didn't get out of the car, for fear of losing my Hackney Carriage licence (& my living) if I smashed his face in  Angry

I knew full well that it must have been caught on CCTV, as there were cameras everywhere (posh golf club).

So I told him I'd ring the police....." wa**er cab driver"...... he drunkenly & aggressively replied.

I then drove off.

Dropped my wifes friend off & then went home with my wife & rang Basildon police station on their direct number.

Now is where I need advice...
   I rang the police & they gave me an incident number & said they will ring me tomorrow to arrange a time for me to make a statement & view the CCTV from the golf club.

Has anyone ever had to go through this procedure ?.....
& did they manage to arrest anyone ?...& what was the outcome......police caution, drunk & disorderly, ABH, suspended sentence ?....

...hopefully they will get him from the CCTV footage, as the function suite in the golf club was hired by 3 companies....my wifes & 2 others.

The golf club has a policy of banning any companies from booking further functions if an employee causes trouble in or outside the club.

So it shouldn't be too difficult to identify this guy from the CCTV footage & hopefully he will lose his job  Wink

PS....no facial bruising to report as yet, although my nose feels a bit tender  Sad

PPS...the thug kept saying  "I'll find you & do you"  ROFL ROFL....I wonder if the CCTV has audio as well  Wink
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

Re: Assault
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:11am »

JC, What sort of world are we living in  Sad. Sorry to hear that. All you can do is go along with the Police and hope they can trace the thug and get him convicted. The companies are not going to be best pleased,particularly the one he/she belong to so that ought to help find them. First thing is make sure that the tapes are 'secured' by the golf club so they are not re-used. I'd speak to the club myself as the 'law' might not have got that sorted. Good luck and keep us up to date with progress. All the best, Mike. Shocked
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:19am »

Cheers Simmo....

When I spoke to the police, I did ask if it was worth ringing the golf club in the morning to enquire about CCTV tapes, & they said it would be a good idea.

So first thing in the morning, I will ring the golf club & inform them of police involvement on an assault on a taxi driver & ask them to secure the tapes (if the police haven't already done so).

I've been up all night...& I'm seething.....just want that w**ker locked up.

Imagine if I walked into his place of work & punched him in the face for no real reason Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Paul B

'98 24V Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:28am »

As you said, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out who this bloke is. And I hope he gets what he deserves.

I have to say, I admire you for keeping your cool. That would've given me the right 'ump!  Angry

Not 100% sure what I would have done but I've got visions of Vinnie Jones in 'Lock, Stock' with the door of a P6 Rover  Roll Eyes   Wink
IP Logged

Two hundred & seven horses and only one jockey!
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:52am »

JC. The next thing to do is make some enquiries of your fellow drivers and their companies to see if anyone actually did pick up these 'articles' and take them to Basildon. Is there a freephone in the Club to a Taxi firm?. Is there any sort of 'reception desk' where they might have gone to ask someone to call a cab?. You could also ring the other two companies and get the name of the organiser of their respective parties. The Club should have those details anyway but if word gets round that the Police are involved that should set some hares running!!. (I take it they were obviously not part of your wifes group). Turn your anger into action. It will make you feel better, you may get a result and that will give you great satisfaction!. Go J/C !!. Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:00am »

Really sorry to hear about this Sad Alas I fear he wont be locked up even if convicted. However, as mentioned his company wont be best pleased, if it is his and not his Girlfriends/wifes. I don't envy your line of work especially late at night. Lets hope the cctv captured this, if not you could try finding out who the other 2 companies were and officially complaining to them, i'm sure they'd wont to investigate this internally if it's one of their employees. However if it's the partner of one of their employees then you might not get anywhere. Goodluck and lets hope the cctv got him.
Guy.
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:00am »

Paul B....if I hadn't have kept my cool, then I would have been out of a job.

Same kind of thing happened to a fellow cabbie a couple of years ago on Christmas Eve......The passenger didn't want to pay the fare & gave the driver a punch in the face through the window.

Unfortunately for the passenger...he didn't reckon on the driver getting out & kicking all his front teeth out.

The taxi driver nearly went to prison....the reason being....he got out of his taxi....so he was the aggressor.....even though he defended himself  Huh

The law says....He should have stayed put in his taxi, taken the beating, & then called the police  Huh

What a great world we live in ? Huh
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:17am »

Cheers guys.....for the advice & inspiration.
As I said....I'll phone the golf club in the morning & inform them of the assault (they should already know from the police).

Will keep all posted on progress  Smiley
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hope you're OK, Jonny.

There are some lovely people around during this time of year!!  Undecided

Fill them up with booze, and away they go, threatening everybody in sight, and being the 'Big Man'. All mouth, no brains, and no reasoning.

All credit to you for not giving the Tw*T a pasting.....which is what most of us would have done.
Like you say, your job depends on it.

Hope the CCTV Cameras work to your advantage. I hope they lock the B*****D up!!  Wink
IP Logged
Yalin

'98 Facelift 2.3

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 1:08pm »

Why some people can't handle their drink?  Angry
I don't think I'd be able to keep my cool at that situation, well done Jonny.
As members, if there is anything we can do (at least on my part) let us know.
At the end of the day, this incident is an assult and I would imagine police will take this seriously, presuming you secured that cctv tape.
IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 1:21pm »

Agree
I'm pretty sure I would have gotten out of the car myself. I surely wouldn't have kept my calm.
Really hope they catch the b*****d.
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 1:55pm »

Phoned the golf club about an hour ago....& guess what...

"Err...our CCTV isn't working at the moment, we're waiting for an engineer to fix it".....how convienent  Angry

I told them that the police were now involved & that they would want to see any tapes that they had.....
 They then said they would co-operate with any police investigation & would give them the names of the other two companies that rented the suite last night.
But the police haven't been in touch yet, & they said they weren't obliged to tell me if they had any camera footage from last night.....
...Ah, so the cameras are working then  Roll Eyes

Police also phoned me a while ago to ask the best time to ring to arrange taking a statement  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 2:28pm »

Have a look at This site. Get the name of the local member and drop it into the conversation when you are seen by the Police. If things don't get dealt with contact him/her PDQ.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 3:14pm »

Cheers Simmo....much appreciated  Smiley
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 6:40pm »

Jonny, good thing you kept your cool mate.

A similar thing happened to my Cousin about a couple of years back, driving through a roadworks at Hornchurch and got cut up (nudged) by another car. Pulled over to sort it out, the other, younger, driver got bulshy (my cousin being 60 at the time) and offered him out at which point my Cousin lost his rag and put the idiot on the floor. It went to court and my Cousin lost his license for that, even with 2 witnesses who said the other driver provoked him.

And something which happened to me last New Year. Driving down a local lane about 2am one Sunday, saw a group of yobs dragging a woman along the road. Did what any decent person would do and pulled over to help, the week before a 17 year old girl was badly glassed outside the pub nearby. Asked her if she was ok and the drunken group (her included) started yelling abuse at me, telling me to f*** off, f***ing leave her alone etc. Drove off and left them to it...

I don't get what's going wrong either...what's wrong with going out for a drink, having a nice time etc, being able to REMEMBER what happened the day before...not getting OBLITERATED like some people seem to do every weekend...

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 7:05pm »

so basically you've already worked out that the club have the tapes, whether anything is visible on them or not is another matter. the golf club will want the matter to 'drift away' as police involvement can affect future licence applications, so just keep pressing them with police back up....
IP Logged

monghad

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 8:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Bl**dy disgraceful, well done for keeping the situation in your favour, I spent a few years throwing idiots like that out of pubs, he has probably got previous offences in the art of ar*ery. Goodluck. Smiley
IP Logged
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 15th, 2006, 11:13pm »

My god. What a thoroughly awful thing to happen, what is the world coming to, seriously  Sad

Well done for staying in the car Jonny. Just chills you to the bone to read this topic don't it  Sad
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
julie_quaife

'97 2.3 16v ultima estate blue azura

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 9:14pm »

sorry to hear your news, hope they catch the s*d! best wishes for christmas to you and your wife
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 12:47am »

Merry Christmas Julie,...... & Merry Christmas, & thanks to all for the support  Smiley

Had a call from the police today & they asked if I still wanted to pursue it......
...."Yes I do" ....
.....so they gave me a 'crime report number' & said it will be classed as 'Common Assault'..... because I had no visible or physical injuries (I can't help it if I don't have a glass jaw & don't bruise easily Roll Eyes), then it will handed over to Billericay police.

They will ring me to arrange a time to make a statement (again)..... but not neccassarily at my house...maybe the golf club, so we can view the CCTV footage at the same time.

They said, that even if the CCTV wasn't working outside, then it will be working inside (for staff safety), so I should be able to identify the guy from there.

I'll wait for the phone call  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.