Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:36am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 931 times)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Dec 17th, 2006, 6:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i know most on here wont be interested and probably hate football

but i'm forever blowing bubbles!

hammers 1 man u 0
IP Logged

mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: yeeeeessssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 7:57pm »

<<<<<<  but i'm forever blowing bubbles!   >>>>>

I'd see the Doc about that one mate Roll Eyes  

IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:04pm »

I'm a Man Utd fan...... as always when something bad happens... we were robbed!!

Now then Snoopy, what does this delete member button do again? Grin
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:08pm »

ho ho ho baz....... Grin
IP Logged

stevelufc

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 8:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

as a leeds fan i don't have lot to cheer about but well done the hammers, sorry baz. ROFL
IP Logged
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2006, 10:57pm »

Oh well. It is only a game;  

granted it is a different game in the championship which no doubt TB will find out, but never mind; there's always promotion to look forward to! ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 9:25am »

Good win for your lot taliban, unfortunately I can't see it as anything more than a blip in the corporations season.

I'm just looking forward to the barca games meself!!
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 10:09am »

Grin

hey just wait till they build that new stadium Paul....... no not that one, the new one in Dubai!
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 3:33pm »

'Oh well. It is only a game; '

interesting how that comment doesnt seem to apply or get used when teams win lol  Grin  

IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 4:09pm »

Ah but you see I am a fan and not a fanatic. It doesn't bother me who wins as long as the game is a good one. My business partner is a fanatic and is a Liverpool fan. He is always banging on about how many times they have won the title and the European Cup etc. etc. but always turns a deaf ear when people point out that Liverpool might have won the first division title but they have never won the premiership and also they have won the champions league once; just like Man Utd. have.... it does wind him up!

I like a good game of football though and if Utd. get beat well..... they should have played better. There is also no excuse for teams even in the lower parts of the division not to try; their players are on 20 odd grand a week just like all the rest. Just cos they don't play for Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool, doesn't mean they have to be rubbish players does it?

Utd. probably will lose the race to the premier league title because even though they can beat Liverpool and hold Chelsea to a draw, we can never seem to beat the smaller clubs; and to get beat by West Ham with their current form was dismal to say the least.... but hey, its only a game!!
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 4:20pm »

their players are on 20 odd grand a week just like all the rest. Just cos they don't play for Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool, doesn't mean they have to be rubbish players does it?  

this is a big gripe of mine, i used to work for a premiership club, the amount they get is unreal, that doesnt include the extras; win bonuses, position bonus at end of season, bonuses for getting into europe, club sponsorship bonuses, personal bonuses for boot deals etc, if they buy a house (especially if they're foreign) the club will often sort it all out for them so as not to interrupt their busy 4 hour a day training schedule, holidays etc etc
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 4:29pm »

i once sat in a pub near Alderly Edge and had what you might call a "conversation" with Roy Keane. believe me, if he wasn't a footballer, he would have been driving a big 4x4 and pulling a caravan and tarmacing peoples drives! the guy was nice, but a complete numpty!
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 4:35pm »

i was in the players restaurant with em once (all their food is paid for), edwin van der sar wanted a bottle of coke, this wasnt on the list of players freebies so the girl charged him a quid, he jumped up and down like a spoilt baby cos he had to pay.....
IP Logged

LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 8:07am »

on Dec 18th, 2006, 10:09am, Baz wrote:
Grin

hey just wait till they build that new stadium Paul....... no not that one, the new one in Dubai!

Well we have got a very long way to go to catch up with the corporations marketing machine.  Wink Cheesy

Its a shame that football has gone money mad in the last few years. I really am not keen on the club being taken over at all, but at least it will be with real money and not bankrolled by debt. The problem is if you don't get taken over is that we're likely to fall further behind the money machines like chelsea.
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
Baz

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 10:03am »

But you have to ask "does that matter?" why do we need the best players in the world to play at Old Trafford and Anfield? It doesn't matter as long as they play football surely? West Ham will probably not get anywhere near Europe for years to come but it doesn't mean all their fans will run off and support Chelsea does it?

Far too much emotion towards football teams in my view. They are a bunch of numpty millionaires kicking a football about; we might as well go and watch golf cos thats just a bunch of millionaires hitting a ball with a stick!
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 11:20am »

You're right baz that it shouldn't matter at all. The one thing that Liverpool and Man U have is a good tradition of home grown players. Liverpool's 1st team squad this season includes many players born in merseyside who have come or are coming through the ranks from trainee and want to play for the club, warnock, carra, fowler, peltier, guthrie, hammill, lindfield, darby, smith & gerrard (I really thought Gerrard would go to Chelsea), amongst others, while man u have scholes, neville, giggs plus many more all from their academy.

I couldn't cope if I was an arsenal fan with the fielding of full teams of foreigners. The players are paid far too much imo, too many primadonnas.
IP Logged

Baz

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Dec 19th, 2006, 10:07pm »

Yes, we have homegrown mersey talent too in Rooney; over-rated in my opinion and not nearly as good a player as the press like to paint him. Everyone thought he could win the world cup single handed...... I didn't!! Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.