Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:21am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« MATTRESSMAN of Norwich. »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   MATTRESSMAN of Norwich.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MATTRESSMAN of Norwich.  (Read 2636 times)
Spannerdemon

Email

MATTRESSMAN of Norwich.
« on: Dec 20th, 2006, 4:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In the market for a new mattress?

Well let me warn you about an online outfit called Mattressman, based in Norwich.

Taking them to Court in the New Year. My wife and I bought a new mattress off them in November. Arrived, and was not as described, so it was sent back. STILL waiting for a refund of her £300.00 and they totally ignore all correspondence despite it all being sent by recorded delivery.

Fortunately my wife paid by Credit Card, so she has put a claim in with her bank.... but if you know of this outfit........stay well clear!! We have also reported them to Trading Standards, and in the New Year I will also be contacting the BBC Watchdog programme.

I'll let you know the outcome, but I know for sure (having worked in the Legal Industry for several years), that County Court Judges take a VERY dim view of firms that do not reply to legitimate correspondence when things go wrong.  Angry

IP Logged
julie_quaife

'97 2.3 16v ultima estate blue azura

View Profile

Re: Fancy a Good Night's Sleep?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 6:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

good for you, egts on my nerves when companies mess you around like this! good luck!
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 10:48pm »

Thanks Julie. I am absolutely hacked off with this firm. Their rudeness and attitude stinks, and I'm looking forward to ensuring that they will have to travel all the way to Torquay and Newton Abbot County court so that they can explain their appalling business actions to a Judge.
IP Logged
cossieguy

1996 Cosworth Ultima saloon

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 9:21am »

As i live in Norwich(Though not for long) would you like me to pop in and see them and pass any messages for you? I know where the company is and its only 5 mins from my house. More than happy to help.
Guy.
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 8:17pm »

Spannerdemon, I could do with a good night's sleep thanks Wink

Think I'm becoming an insomniac, or is that an amnesiac I wonder? Grin

On the subject of bad products/service, I got myself a new (well, refurbished) IBM Thinkpad laptop last week, arrived today. Was sold as fully refurbished with warranty, but there's dust and other crud under the keys and balls of fluff inside the CD drive. Still a good spec/condition laptop but cost me good money, when I sell stuff refurbished it gets taken to bits and rebuilt, people pay over the odds for my gear but I know myself it's had a lot of work done...this thing has had nothing more than the HD wiped and a wipe over with a damp cloth...

Plugged it in and the system registry is corrupted, won't boot into Windows. On their side though they replied to my email within an hour and were supposed to be sending me a recovery disc out today for tomorrow...whether I get it is another matter. I'd never dream of buying a ready made desktop PC, build them myself and get a good system everytime but a laptop is a different matter, not as mix 'n' match as the desktops.

As for cleaning it, if you want a job done properly, do it yourself...if it works ok then I'm happy enough but it seems the norm today to overrate goods and service, what happened to good old customer satisfaction I wonder? Honest product, honest service?

I nearly get banned from eBay because of quote 'fees avoidance' (don't ask Wink) and then I go on there and see some of the other scammers getting away with murder...

Arrrgghh it makes me mad...Good luck getting your money back.

Regards, Bruce.  

EDIT: Blimey, my 600th post...I must be lacking sleep after 600 posts Angry Grin
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 9:40pm »

You think you have problems!! Grin
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24th, 2006, 11:04pm »

Thanks for your kind offer Guy, but leave it.

This is now being dealt with by Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court who will serve papers in the New Year. I don't mess about with clowns like this.

The Managing Director of this company (Sarah Moy) will be formally summoned to appear at Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court in the New Year.

Obviously she thinks that she has got away with my wife's money.

She is mistaken, and I am now taking the case personally.

What a lousy firm this Mattresman outfit are, and I have already had a call from Watchdog. They will wish they had never messed with me by the time I've finished with them.

They are also EXTREMELY lucky that Norwich is so far away....but then, that's why she thinks she's got away with it.   BIG Mistake... Angry
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 10:27am »

on the subject of crap service , a friend of mine is having a do with currys. he spent 4,000 quid on a 37in plasma telly and dvd rec.with insurance, he,s now into his eighth week since they took it away for repairs, they havn,t even given him a spare telly to watch over the xmas period,crap or what !
my mam always said they was two types of bad payers , them that don,t pay at all and them that pay up front,makes sense doesn,t it!!
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 11:45pm »

My wife bought one of them new-fangled washing machines (whatever one of them is!!) back in April. It was an LG Direct Drive one and two weeks ago it decided to flood the kitchen and utility room after gaining an extra hole in the drum...unfortunately this one was in the bottom where all the water was!

No worries though... she took out the extra cover which guaranteed it would be looked at within 2 days...........except coming up to Christmas! It is now 10 days since the washer bust and it took 5 days for someone to come out. Trouble was, because the washer is under a year old, they send an LG engineer out who tells me I have a hole in the drum and it must have been caused by a coin or similar getting into the mechanism and busting it. (Didn't I tell them that on the phone?) Anyway they then decide to send another guy with the parts to fix it and we were told yesterday would be the day....no show, no answer on the phones! Angry

I have to keep driving up to my mums with bags of washing whilst my £400.00 washer sits in bits in the utility room!

Oh and that was from Currys too!
IP Logged
dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 6th, 2007, 6:18pm »

Baz
An LG Washing MachineHuhHuhHuhHuh??
Should have bought a Miele Wink
DH Dove
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 6th, 2007, 7:51pm »

hi but isnt LG supposed to stand for lifes good, who for the poor s-d with a bust machine, or the bloke selling c--p  Angry
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 7th, 2007, 5:33pm »

You'll like this!!

My wife FINALLY got a letter from this Mattressman outfit yesterday. Said that their Director (Ms Moy) has been on sick leave but would contact her. She's been away since November.

Funny that............... because when I spoke to their Customer Services on December 22nd to advise them that the matter would be referred to the County Court in the New Year (which it now has been), Ms Moy had just left the offices for the day!!  Angry

Yes, Madam....I came down in the last shower of rain!!  Grin

IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 20th, 2007, 10:46pm »

Finally received a cheque in full settlement of the money owing to my wife PLUS the Courts Costs, and Interest.

This ends this saga, but I would NEVER use this company again after this.

Why they tried it on in the first place is quite beyond me.  Wink
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20th, 2007, 11:02pm »

Well done SD. Good result.Mike Wink
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 21st, 2007, 11:20pm »

Cheers Mike.

Just got right to me that they had taken money from my lovely wife and decided that they weren't going to give it back to her. She is a nurse, and works very hard for what she earns, (like most of us I suspect), and I wasn't having any of it.

Basically they were just messing her about.

A crap firm with crap service. AVOID, and pass the word.  Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.