Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:24am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« How clean is your local chippy »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   How clean is your local chippy
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How clean is your local chippy  (Read 800 times)
Bren

I claim the 5th amendment officer

View Profile WWW Email

How clean is your local chippy
« on: Jan 6th, 2007, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Search this database of food and catering establishments to see if your local pub/club/takeaway has been inspected and how it (no pun intended) fared

CLICK HERE
IP Logged

Vote WHITTINGTON for London Mayor
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: How clean is your local chippy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 11:12am »

Does it cover   roadside  burger   vans ?

It's amazing  the number of  them  in Englandshire ,  nearly every lay-by  has  a  dodgy  looking   establishment selling   bottulism baps   and  salmonella  sarnies.

Not many here in Scotland  as   we  have a more refined culinary tradition and a  more  discerning   palate.  Kiss
IP Logged
Geoff_W

98 Ulti2.5tdi Auto

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 11:22am »

So you send em down here instead  Grin

Actually very impressed with the quality of the deep fried mars bars, burger and bean pies and batter coated pizza available north of the border.
IP Logged

The winding road goes on and on... or at least it does in Northumberland
Bren

I claim the 5th amendment officer

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 4:43pm »

Well there are a load of roadside burger vans listed in our borough (Warrington)

And the chippy in our street get's 4/5  
IP Logged

Vote WHITTINGTON for London Mayor
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 6:35pm »

Aye...Tendring council isn't listed yet it seems Undecided

Got some pretty dodgy looking outlets around here; grubby looking holes with short leases, burger vans and all that...I have to be careful what I eat anyway Roll Eyes

Regards, Bruce Wink

IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 8:25pm »

on Jan 8th, 2007, 11:12am, mr._floppy wrote:

Not many here in Scotland  as   we  have a more refined culinary tradition and a  more  discerning   palate.  Kiss  

One word which will dismiss that idea.... Haggis
 ROFL
"Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!
Aboon them a' ye tak your place,                  
Painch, tripe, or thairm:                                  
Weel are ye wordy of a grace worthy
As lang's my arm."
IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 8th, 2007, 10:20pm »

on Jan 8th, 2007, 8:25pm, Baz wrote:
One word which will dismiss that idea.... Haggis

Oi Baz! Angry

I used to like haggis...until I found out what went into it Roll Eyes

Same with black pudding, ahh amen for deep fried Mars bars...good healthy food Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 10:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Believe me, most Food Establishments HAVE to be pretty hot on food hygiene. I have returned to my old trade, having been made redundant from engineering, and I'm now Head Chef of a large and very successful pub near Torquay. Inspection of food premises is really thorough these days, with checks being made not only on the kitchens and storage areas, but also on staff qualifications and knowledge.

We also take a great pride in working in a clean and hygienic kitchen. I'm luckier than most, as mine is brand new!

There's always two sides to every coin though, and I've lost count of the number of times that I've been to the loo, and seen CUSTOMERS leaving the loo without washing THEIR hands.

They will then go on to eat (for example) spare ribs, or chicken wings, with their fingers. No doubt if they get "food poisoning" they will then try to blame it on the establishment rather than on their own dirty toilet habits in leaving microscopic traces of 'sh*t' on their fingers after visiting the toilets!!

Then of course there's those who get drunk out of their brains, and blame their poorly tummies on everything but their own stupidity in getting drunk........................

Believe me. We are always able to disprove all such allegations, as we are always happy for our food stocks to be inspected, and samples to be taken.  Grin

IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 9th, 2007, 11:59pm »

Thinking about food hygene, take a look at this.

Spanners, I don't think Bren was getting at reputable pubs and restaurants, more like the roadside burger vans and takeaways.

On a side note, it comes to something when a qualified engineer can't get a job and has to go into something else, I'm going for an engineering degree myself, with the OU...probably in a few years I'll be in the same position as you Sad. A friend of a friend so to speak used to be a flight engineer at London City Airport when it opened in the 1980's, lost his job when BA bought up the airport's own airline and went into computing because at 40 something he was too old to be re-employed??

The mind boggles...

Regards, Bruce Wink.
IP Logged

Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 8:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

No Bruce, it was just an observation.

Just totell you that in my last job there were no fewer than 14 engineers, all with degrees, who were working on the shop floor on routine maintenance, because there were no positions for them.

Fortunately I have other skills, but most of them weren't so lucky when redundancy hit us.

If it was me, I'd go for repairing electronics these days. Most people are terrified of it, and I do OK with the odd bit of work here and there.  Wink
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 9:55am »

Late 2005, the kebab shop at Shenfield station was shut down for a week & by health & safety, because of a thingyroach infestation.

It only came to the attention of the authorities after a customer found one of the little blighters in their large doner.....god knows how they managed to spot it in amoungst the rest of the mess. Shocked

Most people never heard about it until the shop was fined £10,000 by the courts in late 2006. The story in the local paper resulted in a sharp decline in business, & the owner had to sell up.

It is still a kebab shop, but has been under new ownership for a couple of months, & has only just changed it's name.......for obvious reasons. Wink

Another reason for the change of name may have been something to do with the rats than tend to come off the railway embankment & rifle through the bins for food. Huh

You see.....it used to be called ..'STAR'.. kebabs.......until someone informed the new Turkish owner that ..'STAR'.. is ..'RATS'.. spelt backwards....... ROFL ROFL ROFL

IP Logged
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10th, 2007, 1:05pm »

on Jan 10th, 2007, 9:55am, jonnycab wrote:
Late 2005, the kebab shop at Shenfield station was shut down for a week & by health & safety, because of a thingyroach infestation.
LOL @ thingyroach  ROFL

And even better:-

on Jan 10th, 2007, 9:55am, jonnycab wrote:

You see.....it used to be called ..'STAR'.. kebabs.......until someone informed the new Turkish owner that ..'STAR'.. is ..'RATS'.. spelt backwards....... ROFL ROFL ROFL

ROFL ROFL ROFL Better than ours - should be called 'STAC  Grin'

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.