Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 10:31am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« when respect is deserved..... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   when respect is deserved.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: when respect is deserved.....  (Read 395 times)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

when respect is deserved.....
« on: Jan 13th, 2007, 1:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

felt compelled to get out of my bus cab tonight at 11.30, the reason, a little old bloke with a white beard got on, i recognised him instantly and had to shake his hand;
he was on the news in the summer (london news), he works for a company called pimlico plumbers washing their vans full time. the reason he was on the news was they filmed his 100th birthday at work! he kept getting up chatting to me inbetween chatting up the women on the bus.
just thought he was amazing, he was 8 years old when the first world war kicked off and 6 when the titanic sunk, fulham football clubs craven cottage stadium was 1 year old state of the art when he was born..... Shocked
IP Logged

mr._floppy

View Profile Email

Re: when respect is deserved.....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13th, 2007, 1:37pm »

What's  his secret ?

I've  just reached  his half way point  and  I'm  ready for the glue factory Undecided  
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13th, 2007, 7:47pm »

Tali, I had an old guy stop and start talking to me the other week. Was waiting in the car outside a shop and he started asking me about the car, how long I'd owned it etc...turns out he was a really knowledgeable chap, started talking about the days when he had an ex-police Wolsey and about the old Jags, Zephyrs etc. Showed him the engine, the inline 6 really interested him because he used to rebuild old XK engines back in the day. We stood talking for a while and then he said he had a confession to make Roll Eyes

What? I said...

Well, I don't get about a lot in the car these days so I bought myself a little Ford Ka...I don't go in for this styling lark but it's such a good little car...

Really interesting chap, very lucid in his mid 80's...could have stood there all day talking to him.

If these chavs would take the time and learn something from older people rather than being self-destructive and abusive to anyone and everyone, the world would be a better place. Wish I knew the old chap better, could learn a thing or two from his 80 odd years on the planet.

Regards, Bruce Smiley.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2007, 8:52pm »

I remember seeing the same report on 'London Tonight' Taliban....& I've got to admit, for a guy who is 100 years old, he doesn't seem to have lost it....no dementia & still very fit & active.....good for him.
And well done to Pimlico plumbers for keeping the old boy on....who knows, without his everyday routine he probably would have lost it years ago  Smiley

I reckon he should have been on the Queen's honours list this year  Wink
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 1:45pm »

yeah too true jonny.
remember the onslow brothers, 2 brothers who built and sold motorbikes in their birmingham shop since the 30's? the eldest, len i think his name was, wanted to ride his bike (onslow special) down pall mall to collect his honours from the queen on his 100th birthday, but for some reason the police wouldnt let him....
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.