Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:37am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« aaahhhhhhhh rover drivers »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   aaahhhhhhhh rover drivers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: aaahhhhhhhh rover drivers  (Read 1926 times)
scorpio197

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Rubish Dump

sdavid376
View Profile

aaahhhhhhhh rover drivers
« on: Jan 24th, 2007, 8:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I pulled into my local petrol station the other day and stopped behind an old boy and his missus in there pride and joy rover 216.He was at the front pump I was at the pump behind him .I got out of the scorp and put about half a tank of gas in and went of to pay .On my return the old boy was just getting out of the rover .I just got in my car and waited for him to gas up pay and get out of the way so I could go to .After a minute or two more vehicles pulled up behind me all the other pumps filled up and I was unable to reverse out .This old boy put some fuel in then to my surprise lifted his bonnet and checked his water oil and I think every thing else he could find ,after about twenty minutes he closed his bonnet and I thought great I can go .....BUT NO he then takes another ten minutes checking his tyres .He then sprayed his screen with something and started to polish it off ,I thought now he must be going ...But NO AGAIN HIS MISSUS GOT OUT AND WENT OFF FOR A PEE OR SOMETHING .I just held the wheel tight and took deep breaths ,counting to ten slowly at the same time ......She came back got in and they drove off in a cloud of smoke .....AAAAAAAHHHHHH I can go at last .55 minutes it took ,I will never ever pull in to a petrol station behind a rover again .
     Has any one else had problems with rover drivers ..
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: aaahhhhhhhh rover drivers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 8:52pm »

A bit unfair on Rover drivers I think Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 9:18pm »

mrs bouqett (or bucket) Angry comes to mind Sad
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 9:56pm »

think i would've snatched his keys and moved the thing out the way
IP Logged

TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 11:24pm »

Now you know why Rover went out of business Wink

All these old codgers thrashing their cars to death, having the audacity to walk away for a tiddle (a TIDDLE have you!  Taking a leak! AAAHHHH! Angry) while filling the car with PETROL and GRINDING the windscreen to dust with caustic spray and polish Roll Eyes

Your statement "and they drove off in a cloud of smoke" sums up everything about the demise of the British motor car..."New clutch and prop there mate! We can't handle all the warranty claims from these reckless old codgers so we're selling out to the Chinese"

Blimey, whatever must people say when I'm standing at the pump like a plonker for half an hour trying to convince the car it needs fuel with the pump thinking it's full every half litre or so Roll Eyes

Ahhh the humanity...

Regards, Bruce Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 9:15am »

Didn't he hit the pump or anything else when he left? That's the norm round ours for rover and or micra drivers!
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 9:29am »

why didn,t you go and help the elderly chap to do his mini service on his car?
IP Logged
Pegasus

24V Cosworth  Ultima Born: Sept 97, sold Aug 23

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 1:33pm »

I find they drive like that as well - so slow and leisurely as if they're not sure where they're going or what they're actually doing sitting in a car  Angry

But to be fair, so would I if I was sitting in a Rover  Wink
IP Logged

Go Go Go ...
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 1:50pm »

55 minutes stuck in a petrol station behind a Rover  Shocked...

What an inconsiderate person.....he might have all the time in the world, but he should've thought about other people that needed to use the garage  Angry

Couldn't you have got out & asked him politely....

...."Are you gonna move that efing pile of s##t, or am I gonna have to ram it !!!!"  Angry Angry  ...... Grin Wink
IP Logged
macroy

White 24v Ultima Cosworth Estate

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 4:51pm »

I had a meeting with one the other week,he was only coming round the roundabout the wrong way,had a big stupid grin on his face as well. Lips SealedRoy.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 9:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

That was me................. Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin ROFL  ROFL

Seriously now...

My wife and I have a 'spare' car............and YES, it's a Rover 416 !!  

I think I'd have lost it with this bloke.

What a pain in the ass!!  Smiley
IP Logged
al24v

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 9:34pm »

As much as I love my scorp at times I realy wish I was driving a 4x4 with a large nudge bar on the front just to push the likes of that old coffin dodger out the way Wink
IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 10:12pm »

on Jan 25th, 2007, 1:50pm, jonnycab wrote:
...."Are you gonna move that efing pile of s##t, or am I gonna have to ram it !!!!"  Angry Angry  ...... Grin Wink

Reminds me very much of a time a couple of years back with my cousin. There used to be a back street car dealer working in the council garages on a certain road, every so often the street would get littered with old bangers (hm..sorry, reputable second hand motors Wink). Council would come and shift some but he always started up again, trying to take the entire street over it seemed...

My cousin at the time had an old beat up VW Transporter with metal bumpers...now and then it'd get tatty so he'd spend a weekend with the old blue Hammerite and tidy it up a bit. One morning the car dealer chap blocked us in our space, just to be sociable it seemed...

With the clutch on the old van being a bit hard, both cars in front and behind unfortunately got moderately damaged by the van...

Whoops Roll Eyes

He was more careful where he parked his 'cars for sale' after that Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 11:25pm »

I like your style. Teach the bustards not to mess doesn't it!!  Grin  Grin  

IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jan 26th, 2007, 4:19am »

I remember when I was 14..... I went on a French exchange trip with the school...you go there for a fortnight, he comes here for a fortnight, kind of deal  Smiley
The French family I stayed with were a bit weird, but the Mum was a complete nutter  Roll Eyes

One day when we went shopping, she parked her 2CV in a parallel parking bay outside the supermarket.

When we came out, there was a car parked in front of the 2CV & a car parked behind (ooh !!, the cheek  Roll Eyes). Admittedly, they were both quite close, but not too close as not to able to manouver the 2CV out.

What did she do ? .....she stuck it in reverse & nudged the car behind (on purpose), then put it in first & nudged the car in front (again, on purpose)  Shocked.....she did this a few times until she thought she had enough room to get out.....& then she drove off leaving the other two cars with dented bumpers  Shocked
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jan 26th, 2007, 8:40am »

JC, I was once told that this was accepted practice in France. Apparently they didn't apply handbrakes unless absolutely necessary to actually 'allow' such actions!!!.  Huh which is why in the old days there were so many dented bumpers!. I've also seen it happen on streets in Paris.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #16 on: Jan 26th, 2007, 9:26am »

Well.....what do you think BUMPERS are for Mike!!  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26th, 2007, 6:13pm »

on Jan 26th, 2007, 9:26am, Spannerdemon wrote:
Well.....what do you think BUMPERS are for Mike!!  Grin  Grin  

No SD, bumpers are certainly not for that purpose NoNo NoNo NoNo

Bumpers are there for ramming the old codgers armed with baseball bats (aka walking sticks but don't you believe it Wink) who decide to cross the road 10 yards from a zebra crossing...

...and there's me reading the highway code Roll Eyes

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bren

I claim the 5th amendment officer

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 28th, 2007, 1:47am »

Surely the fact he had bought it in the first place says something

Grin Grin
IP Logged

Vote WHITTINGTON for London Mayor
Dean

I luv my beautiful silver BEAST

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Jan 28th, 2007, 3:03am »

Now Guys  
you seem to have the Rover driver all wrong, after my Cossy engine died, i and i'm not proud to admit it bought and drove for a short while a Rover 400. WOW ! there i've said it..............out loud !  Embarassed
No but seriously it had a Honda 1.6 engine which felt like it would red line at about 8,500RPM and was quite a little screamer from 0 to 50 ish
I know it was no match for the mighty Cossy but i did win a few traffic ligth challenges with some lesser motors, which was nice.
It all goes to prove that its not necessarily the car but the driver or to use the technical term, the MAD B**TARD behind the wheel (ME)    
The Rover helped me out when i was in need of a brum brum to get to and from work and did it more that adequately, not admittedly in the style and luxury of the Scorp but OK, lets face it, Rover produced the 3.5 V8 which was in its day probably the greatest engines on the road.
I just think its a shame that people pull down what was once a great British car maker, but then i expect that's down to the 'BL' (BALL**KS LEYLAND) involvement which probably aimed its product at the slower end of the market at the time.
Atleast it folded rather than being bought buy Zee Germans as Mini did, but i'm not going down that road, so don't get me started....................... Lips Sealed  

cheers

Dean  Undecided
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.