Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:24am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« car parking »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   car parking
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: car parking  (Read 1315 times)
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

car parking
« on: Feb 5th, 2007, 2:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

is it me or has anyone else noticed that sainsburys carparks are shrinking if you can get the car in the narrow space, then the rear of the car sticks out two foot Angry
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

Re: car parking
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 3:23pm »

i've always found that, just glad i've got a viscious tow bar sticking out the back...
IP Logged

cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 4:14pm »

Yep, mine always sticks out!!!!
Errr the car from the parking bay that is Grin
On the subject of tow bars and shopping it always makes me laugh inside when the wife bangs her shin on the tow bar as she loads the shopping into the boot.
Well she has bumped the scorp more than once so its just pay back Wink
IP Logged
dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 7:04pm »

ALL car parking spaces are shrinking........it's all part of a drive to force you to drive an "economical city car", whatever that is. AND to increase revenue....... Cry
When in the XJS I look for the most out of the way deserted part of the car park and park there...............BUT some lonely person ALWAYS comes and parks next to me Huh
On a recent Sunday morning visit 11.00am to our local Mall I parked at the far end of the (huge) car park and thought.....IDEA.....park right over the white line so I can't be trapped (Jag coupe doors are v. long......)
Came back half an hour later to find a note under my windscreen wiper.......
"You are arrogant and selfish, learn to park in a space!" (note was in a womans writing)
No other cars parked anywhere nearby and car park still nearly empty!!!
Best bit is, I told this story to a very old friend of mine recently and he said
"What was she.............psychic?"
Doh Embarassed
DH Dove
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 7:52pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 7:04pm, dh_dove wrote:
I told this story to a very old friend of mine recently and he said
"What was she.............psychic?"
Doh EmbarassedDH Dove

Grin Grin Grin
I used to work as a manager for a national car parking company.
I often handled complaints where a member of the public would place a note under the wiper of a car and the driver would come and play holy hell thinking an attendant had done it Roll Eyes
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 8:42pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 7:04pm, dh_dove wrote:
Came back half an hour later to find a note under my windscreen wiper.......
"You are arrogant and selfish, learn to park in a space!" (note was in a womans writing)

Alas, that's without the ex-wife/girlfriend ranting on Roll Eyes

Regards Bruce (the person with shorter, lowly saloon doors Wink)
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 1:08am »

I've got a two year old & it really is a pain when the spaces are so tight that you can hardly squeeze yourself out the door, let alone get the littl'un out the back..

Thank god for mother & child spaces, although I think they should be renamed mother/father & child spaces, 'cos I do get some dirty looks  Roll Eyes

My wife works part time, so when she's at work, I look after the littl'un.
A few weeks back I took him shopping at Tesco's & parked in one of those extra wide spaces (it also happened to be the last one as well).
I was getting my little boy out of his seat in the back when a woman came up & demanded I move my car  Huh

When I asked why, she said....
"cos your in a mother & child space"
"yes, I know" I said, "& your point being?"
"your not a mother"
"no, I'm a father" I said, as I lifted my little boy out of the car Wink

She looked me up & down, then stomped off back to her car with her snotty kids in the back & screeched off, narrowly missing an old couple with a shopping trolley.

Equal rights for fathers......that's what I reckon  Wink
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 8:44am »

count me as guilty, i tend to take two spaces up in my scorp,when my brother in law was in hospital i took my sis in law every day for two weeks, my car was bashed to bu**ery in the car park, one mark was 6in long right down to bare metal, good job i took my old granada, it was on it,s last legs any way. i once parked in asda totally away from any one when we came out i,d to get in the passenger side some muppet had parked right up to my drivers door,left  a note on his windscreen saying i,d bring a tin opener next time and ar**holes like you  should come on the bus!!
IP Logged
cleave

am i bovered!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 9:37am »

hahah one sunday in my local wickes diy store,as usual i decided to park over the white lines deliberatly{grim i know}but only do it when theres 50% spaces still available as i sick of numptiies needing 6 feet to open there door lol.I grapped my paint and returned to my car to see a guy had squeezed in next to me,and i mean NEXT to me ....wing mirrors nearly touching.He knew i cauldnt get in the gap to open my door let alone get in the scorp.I asked him to back out so i cauld go and his words were ...when ive loaded my boot m8 youll have to wait wont u teach u to learn how to park.On this he started to load up whet seemed to be 5000 block pavours 1 at a time witha little smile at me after each brick was neatly and slowly placed.It seemed i waited 20 minutes b4 he finally did it and looking at the tyres resting on his wheel arches he was obviously overloaded.He pulled out of the car park with me behing him approaching the excessivly high speed ramps near the exit.This is when i realised the last laugh was gonna be mine he drove over front wheels fine as soon as back hit ramps there was a huge bang and i sat and watched both rear tyres turn to mush.I indicated pulled around him opened passenger window and shouted oi m8 u wanna learn when enough is enough,i parked as i did on purpose i dont lack driving skill but your obviously  a complete tard have a nice day Grin Grini was laughing all the way home....once again the gods smiled on car owners with great taste in cars
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 10:55am »

<<<  You are arrogant and selfish, learn to park in a space!" ( note was in a womans writing )  >>>>

You're havin' a larf   How can you tell ?

Are you a Graphologist or summat ?

IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 4:13pm »

Probably had perfume on it  Cheesy ROFL
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 4:49pm »

Or maybe it was written in lipstick  Wink
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 5:38pm »

you can generally tell female writing, especially if they're under 50
IP Logged

lurchy666

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 7:22pm »

my estate granada is a good one for parking  

i always try to park in the parking space but either the front is hanging over or the tail end but one day when i got back to the car i had a ticket on my window from the traffic warden person (in the carpark)  for 60 quid as well i will just add for not parking in the place propally

so i went to him and complained about it and he said you should learn how to park  

he came out of his little hut and saw my car was longer than the parking space and said i should get a littler car and off he went  

by this time i was fuming so i got in the granada waited for him to get in his little hut and got out of the space and went over to the hut rather sideways parked right in front of his door which opened outwards and just parked there so he couldn't open the door and asked him to fone his manager and i wasn't moving till i saw some one

i just sat there for a good hour with him shouting at me cause i had blocked him in (searved him right anyway)

coppers appeared and asked why i had parked like it so i told the and even got a tape measure out and showed them i couldn't propally get in the space

the coppers asked me to move my car which i did  and the coppers said to him about my car is to long for the spaces etc he went off on one at the coppers about me parking agenst his hut and the copper laughed at him  Grin and said he did ask to speak to the manager and it's your own fault for being a git basically with that ticket was taken back and i went off  happy as larry  

lol my car has never had a ticket on it since in that car park altho the bloke is quite nice to me now ROFL
IP Logged
dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 7:25pm »

Can't everyone tell the difference (generally) between the handwriting of women and men Huh
DH Dove
IP Logged
scorpio197

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Rubish Dump

sdavid376
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 8:13pm »

As a rule women right notes slowly because they think us men cant read very fast . Grin
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 8:25pm »

on Feb 6th, 2007, 4:49pm, jonnycab wrote:
Or maybe it was written in lipstick  Wink

Or the blood of her previous lover Shocked Grin Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Feb 7th, 2007, 3:03am »

on Feb 6th, 2007, 8:25pm, TiberiuS wrote:

Or the blood of her previous lover Shocked Grin Wink

Hmmm......that gives me an idea for my next letter to Tony Blair  Smiley

Now, what did I do with that empty ink cartridge?  Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.