Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:18pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Dolphin Slaughter »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Dolphin Slaughter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dolphin Slaughter  (Read 481 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Dolphin Slaughter
« on: Feb 28th, 2007, 3:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was totally shocked by what I saw on the news today....

The Japanese catching Dolphins........

.........A few go to aqua parks, which like zoo's contain animals that are out of there own enviroment.

I don't really agree with this, but must admit, some animals need to be kept in captivety for the fear of them becoming extinct....& also there is, I suppose an educational value to it.....
I must admit...we took our little boy to Colchester zoo last year....but seeing Tigers being fed raw meat when they would rather hunt it, bothered me slightly  Undecided

Anyway...back on the subject of Dolphins.....did you see what they did with the ones that weren't big enough to go to theme parks.
They were flapping about defencelessly on some dock while these excuses for human beings used razor sharp hooks to drag them along (sometimes by their eye sockets) still alive, to be slaughtered....in a way that I'm sure only the Japanese know how  Roll Eyes....to make pet food & go to local restaurants  Huh

It made me feel physically sick to watch this & to think that the next most intelligent mammel on Earth after us humans (actually, probably more intelligent), is being subjected to this kind of in-humane torture by these sub-humans  Angry

I know the Japanese aren't exactly famed for their compassion.....whale hunting etc,... but surely they must realise that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated by the rest of the world & may be detrimental to their country as a whole ?

I'm no 'tree hugger'...but I do draw a line between what is right & what is wrong....& this is wrong Angry

It is needlessly cruel & barbaric...& along with the rednecks that club baby seals to death & the toffs that go on safari, shooting big cats (wow...big, brave men  Roll Eyes)....I think that they should all be subjected to the same kind of fate as they inflict  Wink

Nuff said  Grin
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: Dolphin Slaughter
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28th, 2007, 5:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I agree. The cruelty that goes on in the world to dolphins is sickening.

Every year down here in the South west, many of these beautiful and highly intelligent animals are washed up dead on beaches, after having been caught in fishing nets. They are then simply thrown back, as there is no market in the UK.

I'm no 'tree-hugger' either, but I despair at man's cruelty sometimes.
IP Logged
Yalin

'98 Facelift 2.3

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28th, 2007, 12:48pm »

Ok, this is cruel and makes my blood boil just sitting here. Angry
I would like to take (peaceful) action or protest. Any suggestions?
IP Logged
cleave

am i bovered!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28th, 2007, 1:04pm »

count me in....from an early age this stuff gets me so sick i get butterflies in my stomach.I understand the point in theory of a zoo although will never go to one...circus's are a different thing....ban em.I.ve seen animal rights ppl on tv and if it wasnt for some of there methods i would have joined em by now after all sitting back and saying how wrong it is ...doesnt really help anything?....i.ll stop ranting b4 i go off on one ....yalin im with u m8
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2007, 5:25pm »

I do wonder about the Japanese, a more modern and  technological  country it is hard to imagine, they thrive on  making money and pushing back the frontiers of invention  yet  their culture is steeped in medieval  hocus pocus, superstition and  unscientific  and  weird  medicine.
      Most  of the  spoils of   the illegal  killing  of rhino, tiger, cheetah and other  animals  end up in Japan, they also  support  the trade in  ivory.
     They regularly flout the whaling ban to  fill their shops with whale meat and do unspeakable things with dolphins.

I suggest you  set fire to your  Honda and  throw  your  Sanyo  TV out the window Grin  

............................or, more sensibly,  boycott  Japanese goods till they get the message .
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 1st, 2007, 12:29am »

Agree....a boycott of Japanese goods would be about the best way to go, but would there be much left to buy ?

Maybe a boycott of Sushi restaurants would be a good place to start...

....not that I've ever been in one....I prefer my food cooked  Wink
IP Logged
Yalin

'98 Facelift 2.3

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Mar 1st, 2007, 11:19pm »

Who would know if we boycott Japanese goods?  
Maybe we need something that people would know about?
 Huh
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 2nd, 2007, 1:37am »

With my hippy credentials  to the fore  I  have  vowed   never to  visit  or spend  my money in any Country that  (  this  is  a purely subjective  and a  highly personal  dictum  )   I  believe  has a  culture    ( religious or otherwise )   of  inbred  callousness  and  mistreatment  of  animals.  

Apart from the UK, bits of  civilised  France , the northern European and Scandic  countries  ( excluding the whale  hunting  Norwegians and  the  bloodthirsty Icelanders  )   the  USA  ( the usually  sensible Canadians  let me down with their    seal  culls  )  and  Ireland   ( although their live horse exports  are worrying,   but I'll  let that slide   )   my holiday destinations  are very limited.

So ,   the   USA  beckons  again  for 2007  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 2nd, 2007, 3:27am »

It will probably all blow over & be forgotton about in a couple of weeks, as there doesn't seem to be any nation that want's to make an international issue of it.

I'm sure Greenpeace etc are trying their best to do something about it, but as usual, it's probably falling on deaf ears  Roll Eyes

The Japanese are a stubborn nation, who are set in their ways. Their society is built on discipline & family honour, & as a result, there seems to be little consideration for anything else.

Hiroshima & Nagasaki were the only points in history that ever stopped the Japanese from doing what they wanted to do..... so I don't think a petition or small demo will make them change their ways.

I suppose we'll just have to live with it & try a forget about it  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Yalin

'98 Facelift 2.3

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 2nd, 2007, 12:36pm »

In that case I'll join to mr. floppy and never visit or spend my money for japanese goods!

By the way, wasn't it france few years ago they tested nuclear bombs on those beautiful pacific islands?  
I suppose this list can get longer quite easy...  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.