Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 12:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« ps3 »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   ps3
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ps3  (Read 510 times)
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

ps3
« on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 12:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

as a dad of three i will end up having to get a ps3 what i do not understand is why there are 2 models the better japanese, american. and the european inferior one, the first is half the price. the games are not interchangeable, it seems sony have got a ban on selling them on ebay and so we get stuffed again David Angry
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

Re: ps3
« Reply #1 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:22pm »

From what I've read the American and Japanese version also contains what is basically a PS2 inside it making it backwards compatible with all the old PS1 & PS2 games. However the European model does not contain this hardware and playing old games is only possible through an additional software emulation option. Sony have also banned distributors exporting consoles, meaning you can't buy an American or Japanese console unless you actually go there to buy one.

So all in all, 6 months later than everyone else, half the system and twice the price!! As usual we have been shafted. I bought both previous systems, I will definately not be buying a PS3.
IP Logged
wickedteen

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 4:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

post removed by scorpio_man
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 9:09pm »

hi there

please remember that we have overseas members on this forum and that it's a public forum.

we (forum admin), won't allow posts that could upset any member of this forum.

that's for your help in this matter.
IP Logged
the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 9:13pm »

sorry wasn't thinking didnt mean to offend the the people the genuine people
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 11:05pm »

no problems. we sometimes hit the post button before thinking about what we've written. Smiley
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:09pm »

What I don't get is, what does a console have over a high spec PC?

I'm not a gaming addict (the last console I had was a Super Nintendo - remember Super Mario 3? lol Roll Eyes)

But if I'm partial to a bit of rFactor, Unreal Tournament, RavenShield or Flight Sim now and again I just pop the disc into the computer and away I go...PC games are sooo cheap compared to console ones and a PC doesn't have so much built in obsolescence...

Every time it gets rumored that the PC release of a game has been largely ported from the XBox or PS2 release, it gets run down like there's no tomorrow Undecided

So what's in it peeps? Are they as good or better or just well marketed?

Regards, Bruce Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 6:50pm »

I mostly prefer pc games, although I haven a first gen xbox, I seldom use it to play games. I use it as a media station where I can play series streamed from my computer, listen to music, also streamed from my computer, or even play old super nintendo games. Don't own a single xbox game  Smiley

That's why I'll never get the nex 360, as it's not even half as useful as the old one. With the old one, you just pop in a £50 piece of electronics and replace the hard drive, and then you have a full blown media center.
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 8:12pm »

Been toying with using my old PC as a music server for my main system when I upgrade, like the sound of this idea very much Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
PeteB

2.0 16v Ultima Saloon RIP \ 2.5 TD Ultima Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 8:38pm »

Aye tiberius, and if you have an xbox with xmbc you can then stream movies and music to your tv Smiley

Pete
IP Logged

Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 8:48pm »

Xbox Media Center  Smiley

Personally, I use a Xenium SP.ICE solderless chip (takes about 15 minutes to install), but there are many alternatives. Seems like it's been replaced by the SP Gold. (Haven't done business with that shop myself, so I can't personally vouch for them, but they were on the team xodus list of official retailers.
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
TiberiuS

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 9:45pm »

I'm not that interested in the other goodies, just curious what the audio quality is like and if it could run 2 channel wav files above CD quality (96khz would be nice Roll Eyes)...I got a DVD audio demo with my last soundcard, sounded great at that resolution, really alive compared to CD.

My idea was to hook my old PC upto a small 5" flatscreen and my Audigy soundcard, plugged into my main preamp downstairs. Never ever heard about using an xbox like this, you learn something new every day Cool

Thanks for that chaps.

Regards Bruce Wink
IP Logged

TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 9:48pm »

just to come back to the top why the price differance Cry
IP Logged
the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 9:51pm »

because this is the center of all rip offs, no one cares about the uk anymore they know we will pay over the odds and never complain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.