Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:19pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Anyone looking for any bits of old Hi-Fi? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Anyone looking for any bits of old Hi-Fi?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone looking for any bits of old Hi-Fi?  (Read 432 times)
DJWerkz

Email

Anyone looking for any bits of old Hi-Fi?
« on: Mar 5th, 2007, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Was asked to take a look at some equipment a friend has which has been kicking around for some time which he wants to clear to free up some space. Not sure if any of it will be of interest but worth listing to check:

Mordaunt Short MS Ci centre speaker in black ash.
Serial number: 687285
Minor scratches on bottom face as to be expected but rest of unit appears unmarked. £30 (No box or manual).

Yamaha DSP-E800 AV amp in black.
Serial number: Y108091WY
Appears to be unmarked. £80 (No box or manual).

Marantz EQ551 Graphic EQ in black.
Serial number: MZ01719490334
Needs a good clean but will take care of that prior to despatch. £10 (No box or manual).

Marantz ST-35L Tuner in black.
Serial number: MZ01007390536
Appears unmarked £10 (No box or manual).

Audiolab 8000A Integrated amp in black.
Serial number: 207B73645
The word 'Volume' over volume knob has almost worn off and white dots in recess points on each knob a little worn. Best offer over £100 - has original box but no manual or internal styrene packaging.  SOLD

Various cables which he will takes offers on:

QED mains 6-way In-Line Distribution Block. This is the mini block that has IEC type sockets on top, only have 2 of the IEC type plugs for it. SOLD

QED Qnect 2 Interconnects 1 metre - have 2 pairs of these. SOLD

Goldring 1 metre mains cable, appears to use braided cable. Terminated with Goldring mains plug and an IEC plug.

Van Den Hul M.C. D300 MK III Interconnect cable 0.75 metre. SOLD

Chord Siren Interconnects 0.5 metre. SOLD

All equipment appears to be well used but am told is fully operational. I did make some minor tests myself that seem to back this up, the only thing I plan on doing is giving everything a good dust and clean.

Items are all located in the Milton Keynes area. All prices listed above were calculated on the basis of recent sales on ebay for items in a similar condition so viewed as fair bit will entertain sensible offers.

Have photo's of everything listed so if you need any further information of pictures drop me an email to: bigdaddycraig@onetel.net
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Anyone looking for any bits of old Hi-Fi?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 8:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did someone call my name? Grin

I'm not really in to surround sound setups to be honest, also make my own interconnects - got a drum of pure silver interconnect cables from a *friend* who worked in a recording studio...the same studio where my A3s came from as a matter of fact...Roll Eyes

Good luck though, the one item I know there is the Audiolab, a good bit of kit for the price.

Regards, Bruce Smiley.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 3:48pm »

No-one called your name Tiberius, I'm the audio guru around here hahahaha  Tongue

Glad that we have another fellow 2 channel fan on the forum, good man Wink
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 2:00am »

I've got an old Pioneer A300 natural sound amp & a pair of Wharfdale Linton 3XP speakers that I want to get rid of, if anyone's interested  Smiley
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 9:31pm »

Jonny, the A300 is a good bit of kit for the price...stick it on eBay mate, they always go on there Wink Roll Eyes

DJ, no I'm not into home cinema setups, don't want an 'illuminated coal scuttle' in my music room either to be honest Grin. Heard a few high end surround sound setups but nothing to my ears can even hope to match a good 2 speaker setup on a good pair of speakers...

The thing with the Bay is the item is only worth what people are prepared to pay for it. A couple of years back I saw a Pioneer Reference (very rare Wink) CD player on there, not woking (dead pickup apparently) but with box. Cost about a grand new etc etc...

Saw my name written all over it so sat up the night it was ending...2 drinks later I was the high bidder. In the end I lost it at 3am when it got to the lofty heights of £390, felt kinda sorry the next morning for the chap who won it, must have been even more far gone than me Undecided

The moral of this story is: eBay, booze and lust don't mix, I've ummm...spent a bit more than I intended more than once before...thank god you can't meet women on eBay, it's bad enough with cars Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
DJWerkz

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 11:22pm »

lol,..yep, so true.  I often watch various types of equipment and devices on ebay within the Hhome audio section and it amazes me how much some people pay for items.  Like you say, people just get caught up in the spirit of the moment and bid to zealously.

Friend of mine uses alot of Russ Andrews ac mains products in his audio system and we are just left speechless sometimes when we see how much people pay for used RA products.  Many times we see second-hand items sell for the more or less what you could buy it new for.

I have only ever heard a few good surround sound systems in my travels.  These have only been 'good' when it comes to movies though, I have never heard any surround system play music well.

Two-channel rules in my home, but the funny thing is, because I have the benefit of knowing how to set up a syste properly, I've had people over to watch a movie using my two-channel system and afterwards they ask me where the rest of the surround sound speakers are! lol

"But I heard sound effects coming from behind me, yet there are no speakers there". hehehe.  And, no, I don;t have it on any kind of pseudo surround setting either, just 2 channel stereo.

But movie watching for me comes in way behind the music,...having a musical system is what really counts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.