Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:24pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« tropical fish »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   tropical fish
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: tropical fish  (Read 1208 times)
craig

Email

tropical fish
« on: Mar 6th, 2007, 6:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

simple ask really,does anyone on here keep an aquarium or tropical fish set up?,i know we have done the dog thing and that (cats as well),just wondered about the fish?...
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

Re: tropical fish
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 9:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Craig, nice to have mate but cost an fortune to run and a pain in the rear if anything goes wrong. My cousin keeps some exotics, really nice centerpiece to the room but they take a lot of upkeep and if one gets diseased you risk losing the lot - happened to him recently and he is very careful with them.

A nice thing to have if you don't mind the upkeep Wink

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 10:31pm »

Hi craig,
I used to.
I always found it easier with as bigger tank as you could possibly afford or fit in.
My brother used to have a python in a six by three bythree foot tank. When he sold the snake the guy didnt want the tank so I claimed it for the fishies.
This thing had 10mm glass all round so a few extra floor joists were called for.
Previously I had a normal 3 foot tank with your usual tetras, angels, glass fish, loaches and my faves the clown fish.etc etc.
I found that when I eventually got them settled into the big tank there bahaviour changed dramaticaly.
Apparently the greater body of water made them behave more naturally.  
I would often turn off the tv and turn my chair round to watch the fish for hours on end.
I also found the big tank much easier to look after the water quality was much more stable, and having an external filter with a provision for putting a hose out the window and taking a hose from the tap made water changes a doddle.
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 10:55pm »

Fish.......Nah!!  Isn't that why we have toilets?  To flush fish down?  Grin  Grin

Friend of mine was called out of work last year by the police. His next door but one neighbour had left a door open, and his pet python had taken up residence in my mates upstairs guttering.

He said he'd never seen anything as scary in his life. This dirty great evil snake peering from the gutter, it's head swaying back and forwards every time a fireman went near it!!  Took over three hours to capture it.  Grin  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 10:58pm »

Snakes are not evil they are just a victim af bad press Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 1:10am »

on Mar 6th, 2007, 10:58pm, cossie_al wrote:
Snakes are not evil they are just a victim af bad press Grin Grin Grin

What...you mean they're really cute & cuddly, like funnel web spiders & box jellyfish  Wink  

I saw 'Snakes On A Plane' the other night (I'd had a few  Cheesy)....& I'm now convinced that anything that can inject a venom that can cause your internal organs to putrify within a few hours  Shocked..... Must be Evil  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 2:31am »

quite agree cossie, i used to have a corn snake, a good specimen but not big, only about 5 1/2 feet long, facinating animal, his vivarium was situated on a cabinet behind the sofa, every now and then you could sense someone watching you, i'd look round and his face would be against the glass watching me. he was friendly though, used to wrap around my arm when i did the housework. sharp teeth though, snakes get grumpy when they're about to shed, i'd put my hand in to take him out for a 'slither', next thing i knew my hand would be dripping with blood.....
IP Logged

craig

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 8:21am »

dont like snakes.... Shocked Shocked,just me i'm afraid,snakes and spiders.....not for me..... Lips Sealed
anyway after moving the desktop into the dining room after christmas,Mrs Always wanted a nice corner fishtank to replace it (we had fish when we first got married,very relaxing to watch,and i am at that age again Wink),anyway quick search on good old ebay,and 20 mile up the road this was for sale,a juwel trigon 350 (wasn't expecting it to be quite THAT big),anyway nobody bid,made an offer and off we went,4 hours later trying to get it into the jeep (all dismantled,bar the tank obviously),and now all set up as a tropical community tank,cat spends half her life now sat on the back of the chair trying to catch one,amusing to see......

the dogs also spend a lot of time just watching it,therapeutic tom us all i hope.... Wink

Simmo,if your ever down this way again,and we end up going out for that meal i owe you both,here is something else for Daisy to look at.... Wink (and yes the cat is still OK).....
IP Logged
Simmo
Administrator

I'm an OAP !

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 8:36am »

I'll make sure she sees it and she'll be pleased to hear that the animals are all well. We certainly will look you up if we are down that way. Keep well, Regards to 'Mrs Allways 'and the girls, Mike and Lynn.
IP Logged

Now I'm an OAP
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 12:54pm »

I have to say, that's a smashing aquarium!!  Really class.

I like the two members of Status Quo at the bottom!  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
craig

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 2:55pm »

on Mar 7th, 2007, 12:54pm, Spannerdemon wrote:
I have to say, that's a smashing aquarium!!  Really class.

I like the two members of Status Quo at the bottom!  Grin  Grin

still strumming on the same old 3 bars as well...... ROFL
IP Logged
playgirl

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Mar 8th, 2007, 7:10pm »

come on lads that's not the quo it's right sad fred  ROFL ROFL
IP Logged
Daven

I'm a cheeky Boy! (Simmos fan club)

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Mar 9th, 2007, 8:06am »

on Mar 8th, 2007, 7:10pm, playgirl wrote:
come on lads that's not the quo it's right sad fred  ROFL ROFL

Best place for them as well Amanda - under water were no one can hear them! Grin

Dx
IP Logged
allenjames

New Scorpio Owner

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Mar 27th, 2007, 11:19am »

salt water marine tank all the way !!!

Will add a photo later...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/allenjames/black.JPG

IP Logged

1995, 2.0 Auto Scorpio Ultima Estate = R.I.P
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Mar 27th, 2007, 3:02pm »

Very nice
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
cleave

am i bovered!

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Mar 28th, 2007, 12:00am »

FISH.nope..used to keep tropical fish but kept loosing em.My wife and i are grey parrot breeders,have been for many years now....so if anyone wants any pics info or even a bird for them selves im the guy to ask Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
LiverpaulH

My bird!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Mar 28th, 2007, 1:28pm »

on Mar 7th, 2007, 1:10am, jonnycab wrote:

What...you mean they're really cute & cuddly, like funnel web spiders & box jellyfish  Wink  

I saw 'Snakes On A Plane' the other night (I'd had a few  Cheesy)....& I'm now convinced that anything that can inject a venom that can cause your internal organs to putrify within a few hours  Shocked..... Must be Evil  Grin  Grin

Snakes on a plane, what's that about then!
 Wink Cheesy Grin
IP Logged

Still hankering after a new scorpio- Aus BA Falcon, 5 years later and I still love it!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.