Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:21pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Foreign cars and lorries »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Foreign cars and lorries
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Foreign cars and lorries  (Read 842 times)
dogma

THE IVE NOT GOT A CLUE MONSTER

View Profile Email

Foreign cars and lorries
« on: Mar 24th, 2007, 11:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Please dont get me wrong and im by no means racist but what the hell is going on with the sudden flooding of my local roads (thurrock) with polish lorries and cars, every night and day im finding my self having to swerve around another left hand drive vehicle that decides to stop where ever they want and cause mayhem.  The latest faze is to park an artic either on a roundabout or between traffic islands causing you to have to drive completely on the wrong side of the road.  There has been 11 crashes this year involving foreign lorries on one road alone year.  Is it me just getting old or is this getting worse
jim
IP Logged

LIKE MY CAR, WIDE WITH BIG TYRES
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: Foreign cars and lorries
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 12:27am »

Its getting worse everywhere... blame the Labour party for not limiting the number of Polish and such like. Most other countries in Europe did when Poland joined and they are not having as bad a time as we are.

I had a row with a taxi driver in Brixham in Devon who came out with the old "at least the poles want to work" arguement although when I pointed out to him that they are prepared to work for less per hour than most British people and that Poles were now driving buses in Warrington where I live and it is only a matter of time before they start driving cabs for less than he takes on a fare.... he saw my point!

It isn't being racist to be concerned about the tide of foreign workers from Poland. Bear in mind that the government estimated about 13 to 16 thousand would come in the first year and in fact over 200 thousand turned up.... there aren't that many free jobs in Britain!!
IP Logged
dogma

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 2:00am »

Your rite mate, iwas a dog handler for the last 5 years and made a modest living, i kept my dogs well trained, kept a professional vehicle and did everything by the book, that was until, i lost all my work to lets say other people.  Now these companies are using non licenced, non insured, non trained dog handlers.  Its not just the companies that should worry but anyone or anyones children that should wander to close to there dogs as most are dangerous, and if your had the misfortune of being attacked by one of there dogs they will simply dissapear and due to no registration for the dogs, they will simply set up elsewhere.  Iv now given this up. I know everyone has to work but surely there should be a limit to how many we can take in this country Angry
IP Logged

Danny

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 9:24am »

Hey guys I have to agree with you both, I am a I.T Bod and am finding it very hard to change jobs because the money is acually going down, not only because of the polish but also people coming in from South Africa and Australia and working for a fraction of the cost. My wifes company will only employee foreigners because they are cheap and get the job done.
IP Logged

ex 1996 24v Cosworth
Now - Mondeo ST TDCI (Sat Nav Built-in/Bluetooth/Voice Control/Xenons/DeCat/Bluefin Remap @ 190bhp)
dogma

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 9:33am »

Agree Agree Oh i think iv started someting here lol.
IP Logged

fallendark

1995 2.0 16v Ultima Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 5:10pm »

Just wanted to add that the reason there is so many forigen cars near your dogma is they more than likley either get imported through tilbury or are just the overflow from dover.. i used to work in tilbury and every other car was forigen (well maybe not that bad!!)

Now dont get me wrong guys, im not racist in any way, but they say that britans roads are over crowded and that somethign has to be done.... then why allow more forigen cars into the countryHuh??

Whats the score when it comes to speed cameras?? can they be traced? my mind tells me no
IP Logged

"We live in a dog town and its a dalmation parade"
dogma

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 6:00pm »

I know that answer mate, currently they cant be traced, well they can but it costs to much to find them, and because of the differant laws we cant go after them in another country, but, if i remember theres a new system coming into place where all car in this wonderful EU will be on a massive database, hence if your from germany and get flashed here, you will still get done, not sure when it comes into practice.  Good point tho about the ammount of cars on the road, no doubt tho if you have a scorp youl probably end up paying as much tax as the car is worth sooner or later  Sad Angry Angry
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25th, 2007, 11:20pm »

i must confess as a race i like the poles, theres a few where i work driving buses, really nice people, polite, easy to get on with. streatham got one of the biggest polish concentrations in the country, polish shops etc, polish adverts at bus stops. what i've found is on the whole they're respectful, work hard and pay their way, a hell of a lot better than some immigrants we get. but you have hit on a problem that will affect us all, they will work for a lot less which at first just caused a problem in the building industry but is now starting to spread mainstream. maybe it will pass when the poles themselves start saying no to lower wages?
IP Logged

the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 6:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

well............... like i said before but it got removed..........
we should move out of thi hole and move to a uninhabitted land as they are all over here now.................................
IP Logged
ADroste

S-Type 2.7D SE 2008 replaced Scorpio 2.3 Ult.1998

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 5:14pm »

As a German, may I ask a question? Are the Polish people immigrants in UK, work in UK get wages in Pound and pay taxes in UK in Pound? Or are they visitors spending their Euros in UK? In the latter case I would be very surprised because I always found UK quite expensive in the past (especially at D-Mark times), and currently the income of Polish people is not higher than German. If it is the first case, than UK governement should think about immigrant restrictions. Even in Germany the climate now is such that we cannot acccept everyone immigrate to Germany only because of economical reasons.
Regards
Armin
IP Logged
the_boogeyman

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 7:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

any one can get in this country, you just cant get out, no one wants us brits
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Mar 26th, 2007, 9:22pm »

Many immigrants come to this country and get work so that they can send a portion of it to relatives in their homeland.  That isn't a problem in itself if they're earning the money they get, but many are either unaware or don't care about their right to a minimum wage.  Companies know that even if they need a skilled person to do a job, they won't neccessarily have to pay the commensurate wage because foreign workers are less demanding.  Basically we can't compete in our own country and we've nowhere else to return to if we can't make a decent living here.

Of course, there are then those who come here because of the 'freebies' on offer such as healthcare, benefits, housing, etc - none of which is free but funded by those who do work (regardless of nationality).

Darren
IP Logged
wudz

Accrington who?

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 27th, 2007, 11:32pm »

Now come everybody, new skills are being introduced and culture by SOME immigrants...e.g

Pickpocketing....or as you become fully NVQ trained would become a fully qualified "Dipper"....

How to use a computer and printer to full effect for data manipulation, photo reduction, in fact it could make you feel like a new person when fully qualified..

Or how about learning the Social Services services inside out and testing their short comings every week..

Come on, this is where the market growth is....then the minimum wage would not be a big issue as we would not need it..

Oh just a correction to an earlier post....it is over 500000
that have flooded here as quoted in the Daily Mail today along with another eye opener of a story..

Thank goodness I am sixty and had the best years this Country had.....now gone. Embarassed

IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Mar 27th, 2007, 11:38pm »

all very interesting wudz until you mention the daily mail, or really any newspaper, but treat the daily mail as you would spilt salt, sling it over your shoulder and dont look back! it is one of the worst if not the worst comics for scaremongering, even to the extent that the UN crticised it..............
IP Logged

dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 6:51pm »

Dogma
Steering slightly back to topic I believe the probs. are related to the fact that the trucks are all on (dodgy) sat-nav.......hence they end up where they shouldn't be, stop to work out where they are, block the road etc. etc.
 Undecided
I too am sympathetic to Polish migrant workers, we owe their Country a debt which we have never paid, in fact we sold them down the river to the Soviets post-war.
Let's try to remember that at least.
DH Dove
IP Logged
hepburn

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 1:56am »

See there was another accident involving a foreign lorry and a british car at adrtford crossing on friday afternoon.  The car was pinned down by the lorry at 90 degrees across the road.  I'm guessing the lorry couldn't see the car as it was to the right hand side, and then he clipped and spun it....
IP Logged
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:59pm »

I was hit from behind by a French lorry this afternoon - made a right mess of the company car (only an 04 reg!) and I don't think it'll be fixable.

Thankfully God had decided the time wasn't right for me yet  Cool and I walked away unhurt - however seeing it skidding towards me in the mirrors I didn't even have time to finish thinking "this is gonna hurt" before it hit and shunted me into the car in front.

Possibly some of you saw the aftermath?  It was on the A453 near Ratcliffe power station at about 4:10pm

Darren
IP Logged
julie_quaife

'97 2.3 16v ultima estate blue azura

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Apr 3rd, 2007, 3:12pm »

glad to hear you are okay! it must have scared the wits out of you!! take it easy for a couple of days- delayed shock and all that. good luck with the legal stuff
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.