Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:28pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« CAR BOOT SALES »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   CAR BOOT SALES
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CAR BOOT SALES  (Read 558 times)
Spannerdemon

Email

CAR BOOT SALES
« on: Apr 6th, 2007, 5:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My wife and I have just spent a few useful hours having one of our periodic de-cluttering sessions, and we've decided to take the stuff to a local Car Boot this weekend.

It won't be the first one we've done, and we thought we knew most of the things to watch out for. Like 'the swarm' that surround you when you arrive, nicking all they can. I almost chopped a guys hand off with my boot lid for doing this a few years ago...cheeky bug*er!!

Easy way round that one, by the way, is to simply walk away from the car, and say you're not selling for a while. Go off and look at some other sellers for ten minutes or so.

But coming home from work yesterday, we were put wise to yet another 'dodge' by the 'regulars' at these boot sales. And the regulars are the shiftiest bunch to watch out for, believe me. They will con you rigid if you let them. Shmuks most of them.  Shocked

Basically, somebody will approach you almost as soon as you arrive, and buy something worth say 50p.

Then they will present you with either a £20 or a £10 note, saying Sorry mate, I've got no change......it's early isn't it?

So like a tw*t, you give them all YOUR change, (that you've been smart enough to take along).... and all you've done is solved THEIR change problem for the day........For 50 feking p ......BLOODY CHEEK!!!

Anyway, if any of you are in the Paignton area on holiday, we'll be selling on Sunday Morning, at the Cattle Market in Newton Abbot, with the Scorp and Trailer. Might bring a pig back for lunch!!  ROFL  ROFL

Love to see you..........with or without your 50p   ROFL  ROFL
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

Re: CAR BOOT SALES
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 12:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Could almost be temted to have a look down and fetch a couple of fifty pound notes Grin ROFL ROFL
Will you be selling anything for less than 50p Kiss
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 1:25pm »

Bring your own change pal!!!   Grin  Grin
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 6:51pm »

Yes my mate commented on these extras from  Dawn Of The Dead , as soon as you arrived they'd  shuffle over and surround you  grunting  " how much for that ? "  
 or " I'll give you  50p for it ".

He just  told them nothing was being sold till his stall was set up to his satisfaction and would they all just     8888  Off    and give him some peace.
IP Logged
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 8:52pm »

on Apr 6th, 2007, 1:25pm, Spannerdemon wrote:
Bring your own change pal!!!   Grin  Grin

Aww come on Sd its a long way to travel with a pocket full of coin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 6th, 2007, 8:59pm »

Quote:
my mate commented on these extras from  Dawn Of The Dead

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin    Brilliant description of them.

AL.....you are NOT getting my change!!! Neither is anyone else.

I think I might just give the first guy who sticks his hand into our trailer a fat mouth, just to start the day off properly. It sometimes improves their hearing.........as does a smack in the tonsils  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.