Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 6:17pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Ford Scorpio v G.S.online »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Ford Scorpio v G.S.online
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ford Scorpio v G.S.online  (Read 772 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Ford Scorpio v G.S.online
« on: May 13th, 2007, 1:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm a member of G.S.online & I recently posted a query on how to remove the rear view mirror on a MK1 Granada.

The replies were quite frankly a bit dissapointing..... Huh

Does anyone on here know how to remove the rear view mirror on a MK1 Granny without ripping it out of the roof ?  Grin
IP Logged
scorpio_man
Administrator

Ford Kuga awd

View Profile Email

Re: Ford Scorpio v G.S.online
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2007, 8:00am »

hi jc

not sure. Undecided i think maybe that the right people didn't see it, which can happen on here as well. we all know that only a core group (out of 3500 members) are active on the forum.

i posted this a wee while back because a member thought his post was being ignored.  

slightly different from your point, but along the same line.

btw, don't know how it comes off either! Grin

ps, i do feel that the mk3/scorpio forums do get better 'service' from g&s members, though.
IP Logged
Snoopy
Administrator

Very old.BAD tempered and missing friends.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2007, 8:17am »

I think the MK1 rear view mirror is STUCK on , if so then you basically have to cut it off using a long flexy blade, if oyu call i9n one of the windscreen shops they will tell yu how to do it and may even do it for you for a small amount of CASH
IP Logged

HELP the FORUM.Please DONATE
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2007, 12:23pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to sound sour  Wink...

I suppose this means I won't make the calender again next year  Roll Eyes

Snoopy...the mirror is mounted in the roof & not on the windscreen, & I don't think it's stuck on 'cos I've tried pulling it & it feels as though the roof is going to pull down before the mirror comes off.

It's probably so obviously simple that I've overlooked it & plumped for a more technical approach.....been here for too long I think  Grin
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2007, 3:04pm »

Sorry, I felt I had to heavily edit my first post as my typing does tend to get a bit carried away & wander into controversy sometimes  Roll Eyes

Think the answer may be to either stop drinking or cut my hands off.....what a dilemma  Grin
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 13th, 2007, 8:14pm »

hi so long ago since i had my mk1s its a problem to remeber but if my memory serves me right i think you have to go through the inerior light, but that was over twenty years ago
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 13th, 2007, 8:48pm »

on May 13th, 2007, 3:04pm, jonnycab wrote:
Sorry, I felt I had to heavily edit my first post as my typing does tend to get a bit carried away & wander into controversy sometimes  Roll Eyes

Think the answer may be to either stop drinking or cut my hands off.....what a dilemma  Grin

Jonny, I vote for stop drinking - I don't suppose you want to join my 'Empty Guinness and Glenmorangie Bottles Anonymous'? Undecided

If the mirror is anything like that fitted to the Mk2/3 Capri, you have to remove the trim around the sunroof handle and undo the stalk from behind Wink

Regards, Bruce.
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 13th, 2007, 11:53pm »

Bruce.....I think your right mate...if I cut my hands off I wouldn't be able to drink anyway....so it's gotta be the lesser of the two evils  Cheesy

Thanks for the suggestions guys....trying to access the mirror fixing via either the interior light & sunroof handle trim apertures seems like a logical idea. Will let you know if either of these give me access to an obvious bolt  Wink

Bruce....EGGBA sounds like an interesting group to join....where do I sign up ?  Grin

IP Logged
nic

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 14th, 2007, 10:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Gents, as a owner of over 20 Mk1's and if memory serves me rights the mirror is in the roof by a spring clip and will just pull off. That is if it a series 1 Mk1, they were changed on the series 2, you can pry that one off with a screwdriver.
The mirror fits into a metal plate on the roof, you can tease it off with a flat bladed screwdriver but maje sure it is a big one.
The spring cmount looks like a bayonet car bulb , to horizontal metal clips with a bloody spring in the middle, easies it a quick yank and it will come out.

If you are a bit sceptical find a series 1 MK2 in a scrapper and try it there 1st, the mirror is the same on the early Mk2 up to 1981, small bumper model, not the wrap around model.

HTH

Nic
IP Logged
Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 15th, 2007, 9:11am »

Nic, I can see a spring clip in it when I try to pull it off....maybe I'm just not being ruthless enough  Grin

Cheers for the tip using the screwdriver  Wink.....It's so un-technical, it just might work  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.