Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:23am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« Madaleine McCann »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   Madaleine McCann
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Madaleine McCann  (Read 7439 times)
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

Madaleine McCann
« on: May 15th, 2007, 1:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Maybe its just because I am a single Dad with a four year old daughter that I am more especially touched by the disturbing events and her disappearance.  

I know that she is unlikely to be in this country, but the idea of the posters is surely to keep and build awareness? But, I am beginning to wonder if I am the only person with her poster in my rear passenger windows and a yellow ribbon on my areal. I have not seen anyone else at all who has done the same Sad

Has anyone here put a poster up?

IP Logged

Matt.
Spannerdemon

Email

Re: Madaleine McCann
« Reply #1 on: May 15th, 2007, 2:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I brought up my 3 surviving youngsters alone for 12 years, after losing my wife and two of my children. I think we are all hoping that this will have a happy ending.

The parents must be going through all sorts of a living hell at the moment, but they are not losing hope.

I think you're gesture is very touching. Good on you.  Wink
IP Logged
dh_dove

There's no substitute for cubic capacity.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 15th, 2007, 8:10pm »

OK...............
At the risk of being ostracised, expelled, fatwa'd and declared unfeeling etc. etc.
THIS IS A TRAGEDY.
But, Am I the only person in the UK to wonder
"Who was looking after these children?"
  Madelaine?
As far as I have seen reported her parents were in the Bistro/Pub/Whatever down the roadHuh
If this was in the UK and the flat burnt down I suspect a prosecution would be pending?
That's it, I wait for your wrath Embarassed
DH Dove
IP Logged
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 15th, 2007, 8:18pm »

No wrath pending, I too think it was reprehensible and I would never venture farther than earshot in the same building when my kids are 'down'. BUT, it is a tad inappropriate right now I think, and certainly counter productive to wave this at them while the poor little girl is missing.

I too wonder how they manage at the moment, but I wonder more about how Madeleine is coping (assuming and hoping that she is still alive). If it were my little girl, she would be calling out for me and ..... well, its beyond words. I really don't think I would be sleeping or eating right now.

IP Logged

Matt.
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 15th, 2007, 10:21pm »

Agree

Cry
Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 16th, 2007, 1:34am »

Dove is right......

Lets not forget that there were the two year old twins in the apartment as well. The McCanns had the option of hiring a nanny for the evening, could've even hired the baby monitoring services....but instead they opted to look in every half hour  Huh

Maybe for the sake of a few quid, this horrific turn of events may not have happened  Undecided....but it has, & the clock cannot be turned back  Sad

As Fidget implied....she is probably alone, upset, scared & calling for her parents  Sad

Lets hope that that is all she has to be upset about, because if, as was first thought, she was taken by paedophiles,............sorry, I don't want to even think about it, let alone type it.......lets just pray that that isn't the case  Cry

Neither me nor my wife would ever consider leaving our little boy, who's nearly three, alone anywhere, day or night (apart from with his grand parents) & if the situation were to arise, then I certainly wouldn't worry about the cost of a trustworthy childminder.

All we can do is hope & pray that there will be a happy ending & Madeleine is found safe & well  Smiley
IP Logged
dannynic

2.3 Manual Ultima

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 16th, 2007, 8:23am »

Agree

with dove also.

The sad fact is that if the parents had not left there small children to go down the pub we would probably not be having this conversation now. Harsh but fair. (sorry for any offence)

As has been said, my feelings are for the little girl.
IP Logged

I really want a cosworth!
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 16th, 2007, 8:59am »

I don't think it's fair to point fingers at this stage.

I'm personally a great believer in chipping for children and DNA taking at birth, but as you'll see from this article, it wasn't received well for various reasons.
My personal belief is that it IS worth it, because in a scenario like this, the girl would already have been located, and the culprits caught.

As for the DNA, well think of the police hours that would be saved. they would again, KNOW who they were looking for.

HERE

Again..........Let's hope for the best.
IP Logged
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 16th, 2007, 11:46am »

Oddly enough, the first thing I looked into after hearing bout Madeleine's plight was trackable implants. I couldn't find anything that is up to proper use just yet (not in this country anyway, but I'll check that link). DNA wise, most of us parents have a snippet of our kid's hair and its usually easily retrieved from the kids clothes and bedding, isn't it?

One thing we may all be overlooking is the kind of 'baby sitting' service they offer there. A friend of mine said that the service is the same as they were doing - someone periodically checks each apartment and reports when they hear a child cry so that the parents can be asked to attend, its not a case of someone sitting with them. I don't know if that really is the case, but if it is I guess I could see why they wouldn't see it fit for use. However, one would think as Doctors, they would have thought this out much more carefully.

Anyway, the worry should be for Madeleine right now. It was deeply worrying yesterday when they reported that they had a main suspect but no little Madeleine, I felt that she must be truly gone. I hope this guy does turn out to have nothing to do with it, then perhaps there is more chance that she is still ok.

IP Logged

Matt.
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 16th, 2007, 9:30pm »

I have a daughter the same age as Madaleine and we have taken her to various parts of the world on holiday since she was six months old.
I have never been more than one closed door away from Kathryn when we have been away.
Okay, now is not the time to point fingers and my heart fealt sympathy goes to Madaleine's family but dove is not wrong.
By the way I do have Madaleine's picture in my car and as we have a place in spain I have contacted the people who take care of it whe we arnt there and asked them to display pictures in all prominant places.
I am not a religious person but I have prayed for Madaleine's safe return!
IP Logged
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: May 16th, 2007, 11:28pm »

Good for you Cossie_al, I am so glad that I am not the only person who has the posters in my rear windows.

Smiley
IP Logged

Matt.
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 17th, 2007, 10:31pm »

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/fullscr?videoRef=http://skynews-clips. videoloungetv.com/public/skynews/latest/flash/madeleinemontage_170507.flv

I couldn't contain myself after seeing this.

IP Logged

Matt.
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 17th, 2007, 10:43pm »

That is absolutely heart-wrenching.
IP Logged
bootiful-scorpios

ex     2.9 24v

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 17th, 2007, 10:44pm »

there is not words to describe how that little girl must have felt on the night she was taken away  Cry  

the one thing i keep thinking about is they were staying in a hotel and the rooms have locks on the main doors

did the parents leave the door unlocked? if not it must be someone who have access to either the main key to the room or some one who have  access to the master key s ...   this should be enough to beable to find her as every one who have access to a key would  be a worker of the hotel  
hotels normaly know at all times where the keys are and who have them at all times,   ive not heard no talk on the news on this or have i missed it?

i do tend to agree with jonnycab about the parents leaving the children while they went for a meal i never left my kids alone in my own house till they were 13! at the age of 3/4 little ones like that can wake up at any time and get out of bed and could do anything! like run a bath switch the kettle on ect,

i do feel sorry for the family  
but more for the little one ........
IP Logged
bootiful-scorpios

ex     2.9 24v

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 17th, 2007, 11:03pm »

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4044186322

there is loads of little nice comments being left for madeleine from people all around the world on the 2nd one, mostly teens  

and the first one has the poster for down load  

IP Logged
dogma

THE IVE NOT GOT A CLUE MONSTER

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: May 18th, 2007, 12:32am »

I cant agree more with what everyone has said, but I too cannot understand why they would go out and leave 3 children alone. Im by no means trying to sound cruel but in this age we all know the kind of people that are about now days.  I read a report on the girl had been watched for days previos to the night she was taken, so why then go out leaving her or any child alone.  I really dont mean to sound cruel and I really hope it does end in a happy way.  I deal every day with missing children which usually turn up that have gone on there own little wander but even the way they are dressed some times amazes me. I really hope parents can learn from what has happened.  Embarassed
IP Logged

LIKE MY CAR, WIDE WITH BIG TYRES
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 18th, 2007, 12:53am »

bootiful....the window shutter locks were apparently broken, so entry was gained via the window  Undecided

I was listening to the local BBC radio station today, & they had an interview with a local guy who has been a criminal investigator/physchologist for 30 years plus....

He reckons that it isn't just one person involved, but defintely an organised gang of human trafficers, who take children to order by using information gathered from the local sado, who is affraid of them & who'd do anything for dosh........not good  Huh

If this is the case, then considering the fact that it took the Portuguese police 15 hours to react & file a missing persons report......she could have been half way across Europe by the time it was an open case  Angry

The reason for her abduction can only be guessed at......but she was obviously being targeted.....because the twins were left alone  Huh
IP Logged
bootiful-scorpios

ex     2.9 24v

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: May 18th, 2007, 1:33am »

jonny totaly missed the window bit makes a little bit of sence now

lets hope they are wrong about the child to order situations  Shocked poor little girl  

it do all seem very strange with the  Portuguese police seem like they are holding back...
IP Logged
Mummra

Mummra-the-ever -living

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: May 20th, 2007, 10:05pm »

As terrible as this situation is, I do have to ask myself what the reaction would have been if the headlines had read

Child dies in holiday accommodation fire – parents escape unharmed because they were not in attendance but were away at a restaurant enjoying themselves at the time

And as Drs they must be aware of the risks and more importantly aware of a concept called the golden hour, whereby should an accident occur that intervention within that first hour is considered of primary importance - So just as a politician is aware of the old adage about a week being a long time in politics, by being Drs they would or should have been aware exactly how long or life changing an hour could be

As despicable as these circumstances may be leaving children of that age alone and unattended was not just foolhardy but completely reckless

And I personally believe that the issue of their position is pertinent with regards the way that it has been accepted

And I very much doubt that had Wayne & Waynetta Slob have flown to some sun & sangria resort in Spain and then left young “Paris–Britney” alone so they could dine on McDonalds burgers only to return an hour later to find she was gone, that they would be awarded the same level of understanding in regards their actions.

In fact I believe the media and the public would be demanding social services take the other kids into care.
IP Logged
Fidget

Vox et praeterea nihil

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: May 20th, 2007, 11:25pm »

on May 20th, 2007, 10:05pm, Mummra wrote:

In fact I believe the media and the public would be demanding social services take the other kids into care.

I tend to agree with this. I haven't come across anyone who thinks differently to the views above, which brings us to your idea of social standing.

But it does nothing to help Madeleine, and I think that's where the mood really lies.  

IP Logged

Matt.
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.