Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:29pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« nice policeman »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   nice policeman
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: nice policeman  (Read 441 times)
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

nice policeman
« on: May 29th, 2007, 6:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi got pulled today for a rear brake light that was out  Sad oh d**n was what came into my head, but to my surprise he said, i am not being funny but some of MY collegues, would love to give you a £30 ticket. my faith is now restored in some of our police officers. Grin Grin Grin two words have been changed and they were not the ones i said. Shocked
IP Logged
Dave2302

2006 Mercedes S55 AMG, Retired Barefoot Waterskier

View Profile Email

Re: nice policeman
« Reply #1 on: May 29th, 2007, 6:30pm »

Hi,

Grin

Errrm dont think he can give you a 30 quid ticket for a brake light.  If memory serves and "the Law" hasn't been changed recently the correct procedure is for him to issue a defect notice, which gives you a period of time to rectify the problem, go and get the notice stamped at a VTS and then return it to plod HQ.......

All in all a lot of paperwork for him, so he was probably not being nice  Wink,  just plain lazy LOL  

Yet to meet a nice one ROFL

Regards Dave
IP Logged

Dave "The 'ol Bear" ex Footer !
sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 29th, 2007, 7:54pm »

At least you can reason with a rozzer (unless they want to do you!) - you can't with a camera though...

Darren
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: May 29th, 2007, 8:19pm »

I got pulled the other day, it must be contagious ROFL

Got home from work, sun was shining, thought I'd try the new coilpack on the Jag. Drove over to Mistley, stopped on a quiet lane and popped the bonnet, cop car drove past and the (lone female) officer gave me a queer look. I drove off and noticed it following me, then noticed the flashing lights...

Is this your car sir?

Yes, it's mine, look - I even have the keys Roll Eyes

When she knew I was genuine she kept apologising for pulling me over, even said what a smart looking car it was Roll Eyes. We had a chat, I said I didn't have a problem with being pulled, I just hope they'd take notice if it got stolen...  

It begs two questions though:

I've never ever been pulled by the law, in all the times I drive late at night and pass police cars that never take a blind bit of notice of me, I get pulled in broad daylight in a 'nice' area compared to mine. I thought the chances of getting harassed by the law were thin as I normally drive around in 'old men's cars' but she said not to be surprised if I get pulled more often in the Jag Undecided.

And since when have they been sending lone female officers out on patrol? It's bad enough sending a lone bloke but I wouldn't want my girlfriend/sister doing that alone Undecided
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
dogma

THE IVE NOT GOT A CLUE MONSTER

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: May 29th, 2007, 8:38pm »

They can give you something called a halty or known as a 7 day wonder, traffic police can however have a vehicle removed from the road if they belive it to be dangerous
IP Logged

LIKE MY CAR, WIDE WITH BIG TYRES
dan_the_man

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 31st, 2007, 11:16pm »

if you meet a nice copper shoot 'em before they turn bad . . .  Wink I stopped as I was lost on the way to a new job one day , on the hard sholder 'bad move' I did have a balled tyre 'bad move' 210 pound fine and that was in 99 ! the fascist once he got me into his bus his said ' have you ever been in trouble with the law ?' NO I replied, 'so you've never been in bother with the Police ?' he said again. NO , I replied again.  in an smarmy tone of dis belief he said 'SO. . . you have NEVER, EVER, been in trouble with the authoritys !' Not at all I replied. ' SOOOO, you've never been arrested ?' he said Like I had been sat with a balaclaver on and a crack pipe in my hand ! before I could answer his mate who had been looking round the car ran up to the window with a glint in his eye and said. ' he's got A BALLED TYRE, Shall we book him ?' . ' Yes' said fascist number 1 satisfied with his crime fighting for the morning ! I am sure they aint all EVIL, only in my mind !
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 31st, 2007, 11:47pm »

Dan, you get good and bad mate. I've never been in trouble with the law but I've had dealings with both types, from the ones who want to help to the ones who see you as guilty, regardless Undecided

Sure, there's the 'mein fuhrer'  types who only do the job for the powah and to wear the uniform but there's also a genuine bobby or two out there...things are getting bad enough as it is, I hate to think how it'd be without any law and order at all Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
dogma

THE IVE NOT GOT A CLUE MONSTER

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 1st, 2007, 11:00pm »

Hi Dan, im a PCSO for Essex police and belive me were not all bad, I deal with all kinds of people every day and all kinds of police and belive me we dont all get on either due to some being big headed or egotistical due to the uniform.  Ive had many arguments with collegues because I thought they were jobs worths or were to strict.  Most of us are just trying to do a good job and keep the peace, and, when it goes wrong who do people call.  Theres the good and bad in everything and everyone and if I have to deal with someone it always goes down to how they are with me.  I strongly belive that if someone is anti police then they shouldnt have to pay for the Police, but also not get police assistance when it goes wrong, ill shut up now lol
IP Logged

LIKE MY CAR, WIDE WITH BIG TYRES
dan_the_man

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 2nd, 2007, 2:47pm »

fair do's gents Ploice are totally necessary . It is occasionaly they forget they are public servents , and are there to help and protect them . not intimidate them . I was only a boy when my little insident happend! I would not stand for it now. I should have made a complaint back then ! you live and learn !
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.