Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 20th, 2024, 8:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« loosing faith »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   loosing faith
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: loosing faith  (Read 2074 times)
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

loosing faith
« on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Perhaps its just a faze I am going through but but My heart is no longer passionate where all things scorp are concerned.
The car is not running as it should and a weak or two ago there was an issue with another member.
I cant put a finger on it but for some reason the car and everything associated to it just seams to be a chore.
Got to admit this is far from my normal attitude but I cant seam to find the Enthusiasm anymore.
I don't know what wrong with me perhaps I should give my head a d**ned good shake and have a rethink or perhaps I could sell the scorp and start a new chapter at Al towers.
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

Re: loosing faith
« Reply #1 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:27am »

There  must be beer involved in that last post Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:31am »

No mate! not tonight.
not a drop has passed my lips.
Been off the beer since last weakend!
IP Logged
cossiejamie

Fitted a 12v rad to my 24v

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:35am »

HAVE A BEER AND FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR SCORPIO ALL OVER AGAIN Grin
IP Logged

That`s scorpio`s for ya!
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:42am »

Aye,  
was thinking about that but I am going for blood tests on Monday and to be honest one leads to twelve whe iIdo drink its all or nothing when drink is concerned. Hmmm, all or nothing perhaps thats the reason fon for the lack of enthusiasm
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 1:40am »

Being sobber makes you worry too much about the Scorp....have a drink & it's the best car ever produced & all those problems can be fixed tomorrow... Grin

.....Seriously though, as reliable cars go, then the Scorp has to be close to the bottom of the list  Wink

But for some reason we love it ?.....

.....We are all either highly intellectual or complete loonies  Undecided

The latter ?  Grin
IP Logged
cossiejamie

Fitted a 12v rad to my 24v

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 1:55am »

I`m a loony. I know nothing about fixing cars, in practice. In theory, loads.
And the more i read this site, the more problems i think i have Shocked Undecided
My car is the oldest in the street. My road is only about a year old, but i would`t swap my cossie for any of the 1.2litre brand new euroboxes everyone in my road has bought. I don`t care about keeping up with the Jones`s, to me its the best car in the street.
Maybe apart froom the guy who works at bmw and gets one free.
I PREFER TO SPEND MY MONEY ON BEER AND PETROL Grin Grin Grin Grin
IP Logged

That`s scorpio`s for ya!
fordnut

im Big im Grumpy but im very nice

windlkev
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:49am »

cossiejamie you make a lot of sense  Cool
IP Logged

i never apologise.I'm sorry but thats the way i am
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
.....Seriously though, as reliable cars go, then the Scorp has to be close to the bottom of the list

I really disagree with this. I've had my Scorpio for almost 18 Months now, and covered over 30,000 miles in it in that time. it has been almost trouble free.

I think that maybe there's a 'fiddle' factor with some car owners in that they just can't leave well alone when a car is running OK. They just have to tinker with this, and tinker with that, and they end up with problems, and spending money quite needlessly as a result

Quote:
And the more i read this site, the more problems i think i have]
Sums it up.

Leave it alone would be my advice!!

Cars need a weekly check on oil, water, fluids tyres etc etc I agree. They also need a regular service. But apart from that, they are tremendously reliable.

Have to say that I have NO issues with my own Scorpio.  Cheesy  

IP Logged
Kjetil S

2001 BMW 520iat

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:10pm »

on Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:49am, Spannerdemon wrote:

Have to say that I have NO issues with my own Scorpio.  Cheesy  

Oh no... You've done it now..
IP Logged

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norway
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 12:36pm »

Al Angry

Get a grip of yourself man Shocked. Have a beer and you can join my empty bottle club Roll Eyes Kiss

My Scorp was the most temperamental, costly car I've owned. But, I wouldn't say it was unreliable and I loved it to bits, I stil miss it, but I can't afford or justify another at the moment. A few things about that car I really miss Cry

Problem is you buy a car that's 8 or 10 years old and parts will break down, apart from that most of our cars have been run into the ground at some point before out ownership, I know mine was.  

Lighten up mate, it's not as bad as you think Grin Roll Eyes

Regards, Bruce.

Apart from that, this is the best forum on the web, it'd take more than one dodgy character to ruin it Wink
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Dave

Tourmallard 24v (ex-owner)

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 2:55pm »

Don't do anything you will regret Al!

Whats wrong with the car?
IP Logged

Life after the Scorpio ain't easy..
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 2:57pm »

Okay, I may have gone a little too far to accuse the Scorp of being unreliable  Roll Eyes

Maybe it just needs a bit of TLC, or maybe that 'brain' is more a form of artificial intelligence & when you swear & curse at it, it gets upset  Undecided

If we polished it more often & read it bedtime stories, do you think it would behave better ?  Grin
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:48pm »

I think an Alien has infiltrated  Al  ( Oooer Kiss )  and  a  replicant  is  stalking the boards .

Just back from the US where I drove a  new Dodge Charger for a fortnight.
 Clunky Autobox, lousy kickdown,  noisy and sluggish  V6,  and a  very poor  A/C  and  sound system.

What a pleasure  to collect my smooth running lovely 11 year old Scorp from the airport  ( started first time )  and  a  leisurely  50 mile run  home.

IP Logged
PeteB

2.0 16v Ultima Saloon RIP \ 2.5 TD Ultima Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 9:43pm »

Al, just change your scorp a nice reliable TD with a good ol MT75 is the mutts Wink

PeteB
IP Logged

sector-9

No scorpio anymore

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:05pm »

Reliable simply because there's no fancy electronics mucking things up, and the electronics it does have it can run without!  Not true of post '96 diesels...

Darren
IP Logged
tintin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:18pm »

reliable is a funny thing. both my scorp and my mini have never let me down when i am trying to get somewhere......so in that respect both are as reliable as each other.

however, i have much more faith in the mini, as it doesnt give any indication of failing, whereas the scorp is constantly seeking attention, asking for new bits and generally developing random issues that often just disappear again. in the 16 months i have had the scorp, i have learned to trust in it much more, and not to get worked up over its little fits of tantrum.

would still get in the mini rather than the scorp if i had an emergency to get to, though..... Wink
IP Logged

'95 Cosworth Ultima
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 7:19am »

Life's simple... Roll Eyes

As I read the different posts with regard to the vast range of problems encountered by ourselves, one thing I have noticed and that is that the cossies seem to have more problems then other models with regards to engine and running issues, I realise that the main reason for this is the sheer complexity of the systems involved, but there is always the possibility of curing such things, unfortunately it is'nt always easy to come by... That is MONEY. Sad

The majority of problems seem to be usually caused by sensors, and the units operated by them, many of these sensors are such simple devices such as resistances, thermocouple devices, pressure sensors and the like, these things in the electronics world cost pennies to make, however the motor industry always seem to intigrate simple components into "fantastically" overengineered replaceable parts, hype up the price and allow us to bear the burden, a typical example is what I have just replaced.  Huh

The ECTS (Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor), if you open this up, inside is a little tiny capsule of some fantastic thermo reactive material which alters it's electrical state when heated alowing a variable voltage to be output to the ecu which inturn sends signals to the variouse control relays, (simple isn't it) this unit cost me in excess of £22. Undecided

The cost of the material which does the actual sensing would probably be that insignificant that you would be able to buy tons of the stuff for the £20 in it's raw state... the other parts of this component are the brass body and a bit of plastic holding it all together.  Huh

Ironic isn't it?

End of Gripe....
Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
cossie_al

Ex 24v

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jun 5th, 2007, 10:08pm »

Well I know I deserve a slap for this but the intermitant poor running of the scorp did lead me to give a merc in a local dealers an admiring look Embarassed
Okay slap me again I went and had another look and asked the guy what sort of a deal we could do with the scorp, £150.00 for your granada was his reply.
Now at this point I had an overwhelming fealing of possiveness and protection of my car so the guy was showered with various expletives and I doubted his parentage with more than one out burst.
The ride home was a bit wierd I had gone from being happy to seing it go to thinking this is my car (got to remember it had and still has my name on the reg when I whent to by it)
As I was starting to enjoy the ride I realised how comfy I was in the seat and Last weak end it got me the family and an absolute huge amount of camping gear reliably through a 400 mile round trip. So youv'e guessed it I am keaping it Cheesy

So be honest does this look like a £150 car to you?  
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jun 5th, 2007, 10:30pm »

Al, it's worth more to you than any backstreet car dealer, money doesn't come into it. £150 to you but it would have gone out front for well over a grand, probably nearer 2.

I had the same thing with mine, nobody wanted to know. "Fords don't sell" "Nah, nobody wants 'em"...

About a year back I saw a car in a local dealer. Parked the Scorp outside, warm day, sun shining (just cleaned and polished), got talking to the dealer. He offered to take the Scorp off of my hands for scrap because "Nobody wants 'em, Fords are all trouble" Angry

2 weeks later he had a Tourmallard 2.0 Ultima at the front of the dealership for sale for £1750.  

That says it all really...
IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.