Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 30th, 2024, 10:24pm

Balance: £6.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« strike »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   strike
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: strike  (Read 4161 times)
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

Re: strike
« Reply #20 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 1:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dave82506.... Agree

....Spanners mate  Wink....if the documents were that important & the threat of a postal strike was looming, then why didn't they get them delivered by courier ?

A below inflation pay rise of 2.5% for the guys & galls that (in my opinion) provide a fantastic postal service is frankly an insult, & I think they should be paid more.

I was thinking of changing jobs a while back & becoming a postie, until I saw what they were offering as a starting wage  Shocked....thought I'd stick with the cabbing for the time being  Wink

Lets face it, it's dirt cheap to post a letter....30p first class.....bargain.....& it usually gets there pronto, if not pretty quick. What else could you get for 30p that is such value for money ? Cheesy

If people don't trust the Royal Mail to deliver their mail/packages, then they should go for a more expensive courier service....

I've worked for many courier/delivery companies in the past including the Royal Mail (Parcel Force, when it was part of the post office)...& must say that the postal workers wages were no higher than any other delivery company wages....even though you were expected to deliver twice the amount of parcels as a rival company  Huh

Considering the amount of post that has to be delivered everyday by the biggest postal network in the country, then....Yes....I think the posties should have a decent wage rise in line with inflation  Smiley....

& if the fat cats at management HQ don't agree, then strike action is the only way to make them get out of their 'comfy leather armchairs' & consider the workers & the part they play in keeping this national institution alive  Smiley

After all...it is still endorsed by the Queen  Wink
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 6:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 15th, 2007, 10:34pm, Spannerdemon wrote:
Well. As expected,  It's been confirmed that on Friday, we lost a very lucrative contract, due to paperwork not arriving by the deadline, and as a result, 8 people are being laid off with effect from the end of July.

This to me stinks, could it be that this action was already pre-planned from the managers side, SURELY a decision to sack 8 people would not or could not be made in this way, if the documents were THAT detrimental SURELY a GOOD management team could have ensured that something like a postal strike would not be able to put the company in jeapody in this way, it is to hard to believe.  They have used it to furnish themselves with a reason to make cuts, (it isn't an engineering firm is it) cos they certainly seem to me to have 'Engineered' the demise of your Fellow Workers.   A typical management tactic if ever I saw one....

This is where you need the backup of a good union and that's all I can advise....

Tell your mates to seek legal advice...

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Spannerdemon

Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 16th, 2007, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
I'm not making any further comment on this post

Lips Sealed

Like I said>J
Just leave it. Enough damage has already been done.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.