Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:30am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« expensive burgers »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   expensive burgers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: expensive burgers  (Read 1622 times)
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

expensive burgers
« on: Aug 18th, 2007, 2:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi just like you all to be aware that if you go to some fastfoods outlets, that your number gets recorded and if you need to return within 90 minutes that you will be charged an additional £125 for the pleasure Shocked
in july I stopped to get my daughter a burger at 16.28 and had to wait in a bay while the order made up this was a drive through. at 18.40 they have got me as leaving. that was the second time when i got my son a burger the time i spent there on the first time could have been no longer than 15 minutes and the second for ten minutes so how do they work that out as, 90 minutes also if you drive through how can you be parked
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: expensive burgers
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18th, 2007, 4:15pm »

OK.... I am a little lost on this one!!

Where does the £125.00 come into it? Have McD's charged you this, the police?... who?

As for parking on a drive through order, I always get told to park up because I always order a burger with just onions and they have to make it up specialially so they ask you to park up while they cook it and not hold up the queue. Also means I always get freshly cooked food!!

Baz
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18th, 2007, 10:03pm »

hi it came in the post they now have 75 minutes max parking and no return within 90 minutes so how they work it out beats me its now with the branch who have said this is the first time this has happened and they will try to sort it. it was posted as a civil parking notice.  
i will probably get another one for today went today to read the notice on the car park at 9am and took the notice to the manager at 10.20 for him to sort out. it doesnt seem to matter how how long you spend in there its if your in there again before the 90 minutes are up. got to go back tomorrow to get picture of sign because that has nothing about no return within 90 minutes
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 18th, 2007, 10:06pm »

you do not need to park it gets your number on the way in on camera and on the way out
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18th, 2007, 10:23pm »

so it was sent from the fast food branch?? surely they can enforce that  Grin

do they have number recognition cameras or was it someone checking manually?
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18th, 2007, 10:32pm »

People ought to stop using the places then they'd maybe think about their parking problems a little more.... Angry

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
bertie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 1:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Tracey limo

try this site, http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=13c974fe44826f9fc60653acd95d63a4&a mp;showforum=30

BP at Gatwick was doing exactly the same thing using APNR cameras.

anyway, the short of it was the guys on this forum got the loop holes out and people got off fine free, something to do with the driver is responsible not the reg keeper of car and also the wording of the ticket.  

It makes for some interesing reading and I certainly won't pay the ticket until you contact these guys above.

simon
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 1:22am »

That's why, instead of  greasing the palms of the nefarious  capitalist  Multi - Nationals,  you should support your local chippie,   all   parking  is gratis  ( it's  free too   !!! Grin )  

No poncy  French Fries  and  Skinny Latte  Mocca  there,   just good old fashioned fine  upstanding  British   stodge with chips.
IP Logged
TiberiuS

Ex. 1996 2.3 Ultima - RIP P789 KHJ

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 12:07pm »

Not with the sort of chippies you get around here it ain't Lips Sealed

Sounds like when the motorway services started charging people to park up for a nap. These big companies don't give a cuss for the customer or the workers anyway Undecided

IP Logged

Bruce - '07 Jaguar XKR coupe, '95 Jaguar XJ Sport 4.0, '82 Ford Capri 2.0 Ghia, '15 Honda Civic (sloooooww..)
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 1:09pm »

Politely ( or otherwise ! ) tell them to 'Burger off !'
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Danny_R

97 Ford Crown Vic 4.6L V8 ,88 Mercury GM 5.0L V8

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 2:03pm »

I could see that going down really well over this side of the pond. Hell they even tried copying the brits with the speed camera's on local roads and highways, that lasted a few days until all the local builders and red-necks went out with circular saws and cut the lot of them down. Needless to say they soon scrapped the idea of speed camera's
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Aug 19th, 2007, 7:11pm »

it was sent by a debt collection agency working for mcdonalds. hopefully it wont get sorted out by the manager and then i will be able to go to court. and it does work by number plate recognition. never did i think i would get a ticket going to the same place twice, i will keep you posted  Angry
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Aug 20th, 2007, 10:30am »

Fined for going there twice  Shocked....they should be rewarding their regular customers, not fining them  Huh

This is outrageous & hopefully MuckDonalds will realise that they are in the wrong & offer you compensation for causing you grief & wasting your time....good luck  Wink
IP Logged
cueball57

One minute it was ok and then it just went boom!!!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Aug 21st, 2007, 8:27pm »

I know this might sound odd, but how did macdonalds get your details.
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:31am »

they take all numbers on cctv which are timed in and out and a company monitor the results are issue the tickets, the time i was in both times could not have been more than 20 mins eachtime but you are not allowed according to them to return to the site for 90 mins after your first visit  Tongue not that i eat the stuff any way Lips Sealed still waiting to hear back from them
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Aug 22nd, 2007, 11:32am »

oh dvla give them the details from the numberplate
IP Logged
v4-max aka Cheekyboy1

focus cc  mk3 mondeo 2.0 auto cbx750 vt600

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 2nd, 2007, 4:28pm »

obviously the data protection act does'nt apply to these companies, they must be getting your details from the dvla. just makes me wonder who is entitled to access this information.
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Sep 2nd, 2007, 8:02pm »

probably any one who pays them  Shocked
IP Logged
FordScorpioFan

I'm a YaBB (& relative Ultima 24vScorp) newbie! ;)

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 12:14am »

Hi,

This seems like complete nonesense...

.. countless examples.. never mind the obvious - the vendor wants anyone who buys a product and stays for less than 30 minutes to return as often as is humanly possible :? ... further, application to vehicle or driver? (i.e. one car - person A visits vendor goes home; person B uses same car to visit vendor within 90 minutes? - cannot necessarily know of previous visit, etc.) ... taxi, passenger A - take me to burger vendor, passenger B - take me to burger vendor...

Oh well... all good. I would imagine the contractor clearly hasn't been employing brain in any of this... else they would have observed you were only their for a few minutes (even drive through, etc.) and similarly when you returned... The objective is to stop people using it for free parking either as customers who sit in the restaurant all day or use it as free parking to visit somewhere else... legitimate customers not taking the mick are not the ones to be targeted - lol. Guess they are still learning and tuning their procedures / brains, etc. Smiley .

Best wishes,

Scorpio Fan
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 1:22pm »

just had final demand, went back to macdonalds and apprently the company who are contracted to run the scheme for them are ignoring there e mails, they are now emailing them again to tell them it is a mistake and tell me on monday what happens, when i said ring them he said we cannot as we do not have a number  Angry
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.