Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:30am

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« slow to pay up......... »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   slow to pay up.........
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: slow to pay up.........  (Read 857 times)
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

slow to pay up.........
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 3:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

some months ago premiership footballers were approached and asked to donate a days pay to a hard up nurses charity. it was well publicised and plenty agreed to give to the worthy cause, the total pledged was over £750,000 for the day, however, it has emerged that most have not paid up and so far only £200,000 has been collected. unfortunately probably due to legal reasons the charity wont name the non payers which is a shame.
this country once prided itself on having a beautiful game called football in which the players were sportsmen that held respect for each other, played with passion, were loyal to their club and fans, and all for not too much money.
now all we have is a game called soccer where overated so called men can hardly kick a ball, cheat, manage to fall down after being tripped by a blade of grass, cheat, cry their eyes out if they get tackled, cheat, whinge to officials constantly, cheat, have no respect for their fans, no loyalty to clubs (when was there last a testimonial?) to the point where clubs are going bankrupt due to wage demands, did i mention cheat?
due to working in football for some years i've met 90% of premiership players and 90% of those are pathetic whinging money grabbing ponces that could do with a good slap, or be forced to play a few games of rugby.....
IP Logged

pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

Re: slow to pay up.........
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 4:31pm »

on Oct 10th, 2007, 3:46pm, taliban aka Cheekyboy2 wrote:
some months ago premiership footballers were approached and asked to donate a days pay to a hard up nurses charity. it was well publicised and plenty agreed to give to the worthy cause, the total pledged was over £750,000 for the day, however, it has emerged that most have not paid up and so far only £200,000 has been collected. unfortunately probably due to legal reasons the charity wont name the non payers which is a shame.
this country once prided itself on having a beautiful game called football in which the players were sportsmen that held respect for each other, played with passion, were loyal to their club and fans, and all for not too much money.
now all we have is a game called soccer where overated so called men can hardly kick a ball, cheat, manage to fall down after being tripped by a blade of grass, cheat, cry their eyes out if they get tackled, cheat, whinge to officials constantly, cheat, have no respect for their fans, no loyalty to clubs (when was there last a testimonial?) to the point where clubs are going bankrupt due to wage demands, did i mention cheat?
due to working in football for some years i've met 90% of premiership players and 90% of those are pathetic whinging money grabbing ponces that could do with a good slap, or be forced to play a few games of rugby.....

What can I say?.... you have summed it all up in two paragraphs, the only thing that springs to mind is that of taking drugs... etc I have absolutely no interest in any form of sport nowadays for the very reasons you have outlined.... I read the post about the red arrows and the "2012" An event in London!s, I just couldn't be bothered to respond, however this post certainly outlines the reasons for my feelings in this regard.... Might I also add that I have not always been of this opinion, the last football match I attended was George Bests TESTIMONIAL match in HULL, look where it got him, now there's a good example of ambassadorship if ever I so one....

(Bet this gets everyone going)

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 6:41pm »

I'll bet that the majority of those that haven't paid up are foreign players...as most of them seem to be foreign. They probably couldn't give two hoots about the nurses of this country.

I wonder how they were approached ?....maybe in a way that it was difficult to say "non" for fear of getting bad press. Then later on, got a court injuction, stopping the charity from naming & shaming them  Undecided
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:00pm »

i remember it quite well as it was on tv radio etc;
the nurse heading the charity spent a year (her spare time) travelling the country to clubs to meet the players etc. it took a year to organise the one 'pay day' due to getting to see players, trying to get free publicity and stuff from pr companies etc....
IP Logged

Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2007, 1:53am »

It seems that it's not as clear cut as it would seem....read this :-

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article2625330.ece

The person that organised it (Dr Hertz) had declined to collect the payments herself & could not provide a list of all the players that pledged a donation  Huh

So it seems like it could be a case of bad organisation  Undecided
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 1:08am »

dunno jc, i remember her being on the radio going through it all and as stated in that link she said at the time a lot of it had been done through the clubs, i.e. they'd send the money on.....
IP Logged

Jonnycab

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 2:06am »

One thing is for sure though, the players & clubs know it's time to pay up, but aren't doing so for some reason  Undecided
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.