Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2024, 6:26pm

Balance: £16.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« The worst Scorpio in the world award »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   The worst Scorpio in the world award
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The worst Scorpio in the world award  (Read 844 times)
Jaye_Martin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

The worst Scorpio in the world award
« on: Oct 26th, 2007, 12:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wondered whether I have the worst Scorpio in the world?..In order to cheer me up, cos mine is such an unreliable old girl ..could we have some threads/pictures of any contenders for such a prestigious award?

It would make my day and would also stop me from feeling so isolated and suicidal..
Literally, every time I go out in mine I am on a high, as it is so comfy..however i never really know whether it will make it back home..and my nerves are always 'a jangling' with the drama of owning this car...

got it off my chest now...feeling better already
IP Logged
Tons_of_fun

Mmmm...Xena !

View Profile

Re: The worst Scorpio in the world award
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26th, 2007, 7:10pm »

Jaye i have a feeling happier times are just around the corner.Lets face it ,you,ve repaired just about everything,so surley you must be due for a bit of good luck.Chin up mate...Things could always be worse...You could be driving a xj6  Shocked Shocked (dont get me started on that )  Roll Eyes Grin Grin
IP Logged

Lord...Sometimes im not that bright
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 11:30am »

Just the luck of the draw,  and  ensuring you do your  homework first  and    !!!!DON@T !!!!!    shell out your hard earned  dosh for a  cheap and obviously  dodgy  Scorp  from an equally dodgy seller.

After 3 years  and 27 K miles  of daily use it's  only let me down once when the  serpentine  belt came off.

There are good  un's  out there. Kiss
IP Logged
Jaye_Martin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 1:53pm »

I suppose you are right, however knowing this car since it was new, and with the diesel engine having done only a genuine 81000 , i feel that this must be a dodgy friday afternoon car and would have thought it was more reliable than it is.
New alternator, turbo, egr valve, wishbones, rad, and the list goes on...however it is undoubtedly the most comfortable vehicle ive ever owned Embarassed..
IP Logged
TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 2:09pm »

Grin there all female you have to talk to them nicely or they play u up
IP Logged
Highlander
Expert

13 Scorpios, XR4x4, Suzuki SJ413 for off road :)

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 2:12pm »

on Oct 27th, 2007, 1:53pm, Jaye_Martin wrote:
I suppose you are right, however knowing this car since it was new, and with the diesel engine having done only a genuine 81000 , i feel that this must be a dodgy friday afternoon car and would have thought it was more reliable than it is.
New alternator, turbo, egr valve, wishbones, rad, and the list goes on...however it is undoubtedly the most comfortable vehicle ive ever owned Embarassed..

Bear in mind it must be at least 9 years old by now though, alternators, turbo's wishbones etc dont last forever Wink
IP Logged

on Oct 17th, 2011, 12:35pm, Simmo wrote:
I give up ! Roll Eyes Too much for an old boy!  Huh

mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27th, 2007, 3:29pm »

Indeed,  it seems not unreasonable  for these bits to wear out,  they're  not  designed  to  last forever.

However,   we all  should  marvel at the amount of  gizmos  on our 12 year old  Scorps  that    current,  new,  top of the range   cars  are only just getting around to fit !  Grin

"  Heated   screen  washer  jets  on  this  model  Sir  "  

We've  had   'em  for years Kiss  
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 7:06pm »

Jaye, if you read my past posts regarding the bad luck I have had with my 2.3, now with 93k, I have only had it for about 20 months and spent more than 6.5 grand all in due to gas conversions, new second hand engine and all sorts of other bits and peices I care not to remind myself about.... Now, it is looking like a new car after the recent bodywork makeover, the payback for me is highlighted during the last week as I've just returned from holiday.  I left Hull and drove to Plymouth, 356 miles then streight on to reading, another 200 miles, we had a holiday afloat driving a 20ton housebrick  Undecidedup the Kennet and Avon canal for a week(This has really made me realise my age... groan)  Huhthen I did the return trip to Plymouth to take the grandbairn back.  On the return to Hull I filled up and did the 356 miles NON STOP at avarage 70 mph, we left at 1900 and arrived home at 00.10, fresh as a daisy due to the shear comfort of the car and a bonus was that when I said I filled up, it was with 60ltrs of LPG, costing just £30. I can honetly say that all the heartaches I have had with the car (and will have in the future) have been well worth it...... Cool Cheesy

Hope there is some comfort for you here...

Edit... Just worked out the fuel cost for the week = £82 fully loaded Tongue

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Alastair

2.3 Ghia X & MGB Roadster

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 7:13pm »

Hi Pete
Great news that  the car is going (and looking) good. Glad you enjoyed your break you deserve it.

Alastair
IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 7:21pm »

on Oct 28th, 2007, 7:13pm, Alastair wrote:
Hi Pete
Great news that  the car is going (and looking) good. Glad you enjoyed your break you deserve it.

Alastair

Cheers Alastair, I'm working hard to recover from it now... Grin I'm back to work tommorrow so I can have a rest.... ROFL

pete
IP Logged

Jaye_Martin

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 11:05pm »

I am having a love hate relationship with this car...its strange really..............every time i consider selling it/disposing of it etc etc..i get a touch of the seconds because there is such beauty in its ugliness, and it is so very comfy as mentioned previously

bUt when do i call it a day?........seeing that one member has spent 6k on his frightens the crapola out of me..so do i carry on spending..or buy a proper cosssie scorp?

IP Logged
pete from Hull

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 6:47am »

on Oct 29th, 2007, 11:05pm, Jaye_Martin wrote:
I am having a love hate relationship with this car...seeing that one member has spent 6k on his frightens the crapola out of me

Jamie, when I bought the car I had paid £1020 for it, Cheap enough I thought, it was in reasonable condition and because I wanted to tow my caravan with it I paid another 2 grand for the gas conversion, that meant I was into 3k..... Huh  then I blew the engine up  Lips Sealed  (not on purpose though) from here on all the troubles started, the rest is history now.
You have to consider if you can lose what you've allready put in, and what the possibilities of getting another car (bearing in mind that they are all 9 to 12 years old now) and starting again, also from my observatins on these forum pages, that the cossies seem to have far more problems (engine wise) then the 16v, I would certainly be thinking hard... Huh

pete
IP Logged

pat

Rover 75. Rover 620. Ford P100 Pickup.

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 30th, 2007, 7:52pm »

Jaye, I know exactly where you are coming from.
Our 2.9 was a 1-owner.
The 2.0 was bought from my mate's brother who had had it years.
Neither, in theory a dodgy motor.
Lovely cars when they go but I have never owned vehicles with so many gremlins.
I always buy old(but good) and cheap so have had plenty with which to compare.
I don't agree that it is simply down to age but ageing complexity.
Both broke down together last week so I have also decided to go for something simpler with less to go wrong.
IP Logged

You don't have to be mad to own a Scorp - but it helps!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.