Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 8th, 2024, 10:26pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« lights(or lack of) »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   lights(or lack of)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: lights(or lack of)  (Read 754 times)
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

lights(or lack of)
« on: Nov 25th, 2007, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

has any one else noticed the amount of cars nowadays with  faulty lights?not just the older cars but newer plate ones are just as common.
another problem i noticed the other night as i was waiting at a junction to turn right, some cars indicators are right next to their headlights and its a b****r to see them , the best bet is to wait until you,r certain what the car is going to do before pulling out, i know it makes sense but sometimes the car waiting behind you gets impatient when he sees the car turning left with it,s indicator flashing but he,s not the one at the junction is he ?. he will just have to wait!
IP Logged
wayne

2l 16v Ultima

View Profile Email

Re: lights(or lack of)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 9:21pm »

I was always taught not to trust that someone was turning left even though they were indicating so... the indicator may have been left on by mistake!  
Many times this has proven to be the case!

I've also noticed that the impatient so and so behind you is equally as dilligent when it's his turn to pull out... O.k to bump YOUR car,, but not his!!!  
IP Logged

ferretmobile

2.3 saloon S reg & all the toys. mmmm toys

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2007, 4:44pm »

I do over 100 motorway miles every weekday in the scorp and I try to hone my driving skills every day by trying to be patient with other road users. I will be the first to own up that I dont always drive like sister wendy, but I have noticed that for the last couple of years, a steady deteriation of driving on british roads.
The driving standards of a lot of motorists is to put it in a nutshell...appalling.
However, the thing that really annoys me most of all is when drivers dont use their indicators. Angry
They move from lane to lane, enter from a slip or exit the M-way without any consideration for others.
Could this be due to the me first society that we band of brothers have to endure...I dont know, but no indication ticks me off big time.  
I think that I maybe turning into victor meldrew, but I was ever on his side.
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26th, 2007, 7:31pm »

spot on ferretmobile, i always say you only have to move one finger 1"to operate an indicator, doesn,t take much does it?
IP Logged
Jonnycab

Former owner of 2.3 Ultima Facelift saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28th, 2007, 2:37am »

big_neil.... Agree   Wink....That indicator being next to the headlight is difficult to see sometimes, especially on some new cars where the indicator is incorporated into the main light cluster, right next to the headlight.  

You can only just make them out half the time, not because of the glare of the headlamp (although that doesn't help), but because they aren't really that amber....they have alot of whiteness to them  Huh

It seems the law has changed on how amber your indicators have to be to pass an MOT  Huh

Most cars nowadays use clear lenses with amber painted bulbs, but some cars with Xenon bulb light clusters don't seem to have indicators that can be seen over their headlamps clearly Huh......

....Surely that should be considered dangerous by the DOT & be an MOT failure ?  Undecided

P.S.....Good post big_neil & something that has been bugging me for a while now  Wink
IP Logged
joe-satch

joe satriani is the best guitarist in the world.

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28th, 2007, 9:50am »

well said everyone..i agree with you all.i wish i had a £1 for every car-van etc with faulty front and rear lights that i see i would be rich...basildon seems to be one of the worse places nearly every other car has lights out front and rear. Angry....i wish i was a copper sometimes. Smiley.
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28th, 2007, 10:34am »

on Nov 28th, 2007, 9:50am, joe-satch wrote:
i wish i was a copper sometimes. Smiley.

Some weeks ago my wife and I were traveling behind a copcar for about 5 or 6 miles, before we turned off she flashed him to let him know he had no lights on at all Embarassed I reckon  he felt quite twittish as he turned them on.... Grin Grin

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 28th, 2007, 2:51pm »

jonny cab, see my post on my mot pass, i need new front indicator bulbs nearly every year to pass, i help to do mot,s some sat mornings at my mates garage and the number of cars that fail on front white indicators is a helluva lot. he can nearly always tell by looking at a car if it,s going to fail or not by the make and model ,i.e. most bm,s fail on ball jts , most mondeo,s fail on either the back cradle falling out or seized handbrake cables. thats just a few of the many, others have their own idiosynchronies
IP Logged
ferretmobile

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 29th, 2007, 3:28pm »

Idiosynchronies...I teach them. Sorry I ment idiot students ROFL
I have noticed a lot of the Mk2 mondeos with rear lights or part of the rear light out. Talking to my friendly ford dealer chappie, he said that ford have known for some time that there is a problem in the loom that gives rise to this common problem. There is also a simalar problem with the new passat and the herren unt damen at vag are at a loss on how to fix it.
However I am glad to see that a lot of the newer vehicles appearing at the mo have what appear to be LEDs on the AE or is the jury out on this one? Huh
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30th, 2007, 12:12am »

on Nov 26th, 2007, 4:44pm, ferretmobile wrote:
I do over 100 motorway miles every weekday in the scorp and I try to hone my driving skills every day by trying to be patient with other road users. I will be the first to own up that I dont always drive like sister wendy, but I have noticed that for the last couple of years, a steady deteriation of driving on british roads.
The driving standards of a lot of motorists is to put it in a nutshell...appalling.
However, the thing that really annoys me most of all is when drivers dont use their indicators. Angry
They move from lane to lane, enter from a slip or exit the M-way without any consideration for others.
Could this be due to the me first society that we band of brothers have to endure...I dont know, but no indication ticks me off big time.  
I think that I maybe turning into victor meldrew, but I was ever on his side.

a lot of it could be due to what can only be described as a massive increase of traffic on the roads over the past 25 years causing more and more traffic jams etc which result in individual tempers shortening and in turn an overflow of selfish attitude and arrogance, then add to that the fact that there are now less traffic police to deal with it all than 25 years ago......
IP Logged

ferretmobile

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30th, 2007, 10:16am »

Lack of coppers...spot on there cheeky boy.
Strange how white van man behaves in a polite and considered way when plod is in sight ROFL
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.