Click to return to main site

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 7th, 2024, 12:21pm

Balance: £11.65
Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login
Ford Scorpio Forum« has this country gone barking? »
   Ford Scorpio Forum
   General
   Off Topic Subjects
(Moderators: admin, Highlander, scorpio_man, Simmo, Baz)
   has this country gone barking?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: has this country gone barking?  (Read 1037 times)
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

has this country gone barking?
« on: Dec 10th, 2007, 8:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My niece came home from school last week and said that the schoolkids can no longer refer to it as a "blackboard". For fear of upsetting people it is now to be  called a writing board. After the fiasco last week of the teddy called mohammed it takes the biscuit. Don,t forget, this is the country that banned the word,"golliwog"on the jam jar as well as the "black and white minstrels" I,d better not go on for fear of upsetting somebody. Do,s  the president of the USA live in a light coloured house i wonder? I absolutely give up!
IP Logged
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

Re: has this country gone barking?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2007, 9:38pm »

tell ur neice to carry on calling it a blackboard or whiteboard or whatever and try and get other parents to tell their kids the same. Phone jon gaunt on talksport and tell him, he would probably get the school on to explain. This is probably nothing to do with anything other than some over zealous white office worker telling the kids how to think. This has to be fought all the way because it doesn't offend anyone in the real world. And causes more tensions that it seeks to prevent
IP Logged
taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2007, 9:54pm »

i have to say that i think sending that teacher to prison for 15 days was fair enough, but deporting her liverpool? well thats a bit harsh....
IP Logged

gozz

Been around awhile

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2007, 10:58pm »

You are quite right big neil,black people are black and they are well aware of this,vise versa white people.No person of any colour can object as long as the description is not derogatory.I went in to my local Esso station the other day and said "is the black fella in today"as I needed to see him,and all the customers(white) turned and stared at me with frightened faces.What is the matter with em?
  Is it just me then.
       GOZZ Roll Eyes
IP Logged
r33per

1998 S Reg 2.3 Ultima Saloon

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 2:18pm »

My friend is a Maths teacher and she cannot mark work in red ink, nor put X against incorrect answers because "it might demean the child and make them feel inadequate"...

Always remember folks, just call a spade a Manual Soil Turning Appliance and you'll be fine...
IP Logged
ferretmobile

2.3 saloon S reg & all the toys. mmmm toys

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 2:29pm »

Its a chalk board. Most chalk boards these days are coloured green, rendering the word black obsolete. (in this context)
White boards have in the main, taken over from the old board and chalk and are referred to as wipe boards because that is what you do with them, if you catch my drift.
To use derogatory or defamatory comments "at the chalk face"is not appropriate under any cicumstance.
Any deviation from this highly regulated language would land any teacher/lecturer in hot water.
Try reading "walk a mile in my shoes"...the scales may fall from your eyes.
Yes I know that there are some silly PC must dos and donts out there, but have a heart guys and think before throwing the rope over the bough.  Sad
IP Logged
pete from Hull

Non Scorpio at the moment, but still interested...

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 3:27pm »

We have padding that wraps around the metal posts that hold the very expensive shelters up which have been errected to offer shade to children in the sun, the padding is to stop them hurting themselves when they bang into them, I remember when I was a kid, we were allowed to hurt ourselves when we fell, (we just got up, rubbed it better and carried on).  I am going to have to put out signs to signify the danger of slippery surfaces when it snows in the playground, these signs cost a bomb as does anything to do with pc items.... where will it endHuh? we may have to line all the pavements with a foam rubber coating heh?    ROFL ROFL

Huh

Pete
IP Logged

Bring back fair wages.........
Baz

S Reg. 1998 24v Cosworth S2.9 COS (Deceased)

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 6:11pm »

Shocked
IP Logged
big_neil

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 7:37am »

how many of us will be on the last train out? please put the light out as you leave but be quick as we are sinking fast!
IP Logged
mr._floppy

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 2:23pm »

I believe a certain Local Authority have indicated  that  the Christmas Tree they have erected in the city centre  should be referred to as a  " Holiday Tree "  lest it offend  non-Christians. Shocked

Can  we  bend  over  backwards  any more  I wonder ?
IP Logged
scorpio197

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Rubish Dump

sdavid376
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 8:52pm »

Can we call a black coffee,black anymore ? or is it coffee without milk ,or even do we have to call it ethnic coffee now HuhHuh??
Or has britain not got that silly yet  

IP Logged
wayne

2l 16v Ultima

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 10:27pm »

I was frowned upon recently for referring to something as black humour, even though I meant it in the context of 'graveyard humour'...  Jeeez!
Oops... Am I allowed to say that Huh    Roll Eyes
IP Logged

taliban aka Cheekyboy2

I'm a YaBB newbie!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 11:25pm »

pmsl well funny, though, its not actually, its seriously worrying. personally i dont like racism, nor do i like patronising clap trap, but i do like reality and common sense.
i agree with banning the 'gollywog' on jam jars, its derrogatory and was made to be, but if a blackboard is black then it is black, it is not 'non white'. if a kid has written an essay with grammar mistakes then that needs to be pointed out as such so that the child can learn. and whats with the 'african american'Huh?? what is that bo**ox about? does it mean that all americans that are black have dual passports, one american the other from an african country?

yours truely,  

a non slim scandinavian drop of jewish possibly french possibly saxon possibly jute possibly roman englishma.....englishperson.... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

TRACEYS_LIMO

I'm a YaBB newbie

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13th, 2007, 6:10pm »

never seen a white person i am normaly pink going tan in summer  Grin
IP Logged
pappa

VM Diesel 2.5Tdi 90kW

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 12:42pm »

It's not only Britain - In some Finnish kindergartens the traditional Christmas plays
are now forbidden. They  offend  the non-Christians, they claim...

Mmmm... If I was to move to another country, I could not possibly imagine trying
to change the way they have lived "thousands" of years. I think I'd tried to adjust
myself and if I find myself thinking differently, I accept that. We all have our ways and
our own beliefs, why not respect everybodys rights? Why do we have to jump
when a foreigner moves into our country and doesn't like the way we live.

Now where the **** is this planet going? Let me and my family out at the next
stop!
IP Logged

My cars are the best and the pigs and cows fly.
Scorpio_Mike

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 V6 & 2.8 Sierra XR4i 4x4

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Dec 21st, 2007, 9:08pm »

I think we should all stop worring about terrorism, political correctness is a far greater threat to our freedom and way of life.
IP Logged

Star sign is Scorpio !
Sierra XR4i's are great...especially when fitted with 4WD Smiley
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Ford Scorpio Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.